Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at this mess though...if p1 does this they are going to have mass cancelations. This guy lives in New Hampshire FB_IMG_1619793173859.jpg

My shipping quote was $1900 to the Southern US.

I literally laughed out loud when I Saw it.

I could buy a seat on a commercial plane, fly back home and set the package in the seat for 1/2 of what that stupid quote is.

I didn?t even think... I requested a cancellation immediately.

The fact that they could even send out an email with that ridiculous quote shows they are , to put it lightly, out of touch.

I had someone ship from Germany last week, a 1/3 P1 statue to me and their quote was $170.

No words here...
Just ... I can?t help bu laugh with a tinge of disappointment

Edit: the nice thing is (if you look at the bottom of the email) they say you can cancel and receive a full refund , including the deposit.

Daaaaaamn. Yeah that's bad bad. I wonder if Secret Compass would allow people to pick up statues from their Colorado location.

That's more than the damn statue. :lol How's that even possible?

EDIT: How is this going to affect retailers like Secret Compass or Spec Fiction? Even if they don't upcharge on these products, wouldn't they get screwed on their end by the shipping charges? Maybe they won't carry Prime 1 stuff in the future if this is what they have to look forward to. Wonder if Todd removing Prime 1 products from his store has anything to do with this.

Last edited:
That's more than the damn statue. :lol How's that even possible?

EDIT: How is this going to affect retailers like Secret Compass or Spec Fiction? Even if they don't upcharge on these products, wouldn't they get screwed on their end by the shipping charges? Maybe they won't carry Prime 1 stuff in the future if this is what they have to look forward to. Wonder if Todd removing Prime 1 products from his store has anything to do with this.

Great question. I've got a P1 statue on PO with Todd. He said they're still honoring existing POs.

Two people have confirmed 1700 -1900 for shipping. One in New Hampshire and the other in the south USA. I am completely confused as to how they are going to sell product.

Mine went to $388 in the UK which is stupid high for a small statue (P2 maquette was $40) You guys must have mistaken quotes.

. . . Mine jumped to $1,166 (Virginia)

Yeah - per the "Jungle Hunter" thread - I'm hoping it's just that their pricing system is screwed.

Well - either that or they have it in for anyone who lives in the States :lol

Unfortunate they issue all these updates and then bugger-off for a weeks vacation (leaving people to sweat).

And then when they all get back to work at prime1 they lower the shipping to $400 and we all celebrate haha. Wait what? Lol

Received a new quote this morning. $88 vs. the previous $1,166

Despite me thinking they would not be able to automatically charge my PayPal account because I do not have a bank account linked to it, they DID (even though they are supposed to be on a weeks holiday).

So, I contacted PayPal to back out the transaction - which they did. They also showed me a way to STOP automated transactions (on a vendor by vendor basis) going forward.

I also contacted PRIME1 to request a refund of the deposit on THIS + the Jungle Hunter, and to close my account.

I'm not going to do business with a company that behaves in this way.

They just lost themselves over $10k worth of business (since there were others I was going to order once in-hand pics showed up).

$558.82 has been taken out of my bank today dispite me questioning the amount and not receiving a reply. $388 of that is shipping, of which I'll pay tax also so my shipping is effectively $466. I'm happy you guys have had your high quotes adjusted, but I'm also pretty sick of paying over the odds for everything, something only our Australian cousins seem to relate to. I'm tempted to open up a paypal dispute out of spite just because Prime 1 never bothered replying, but I'm not sure it'd achieve anything... I'll be quick to cancel my Jungle Hunter and instruct Paypal not to allow any money to be taken ever again by Prime 1 if the situation repeats.

This had better be a damn good statue when it arrives!

Damn, that hurts. You happy to pay and accept the statue?
I'd demand a full refund if they took more funds than agreed without prior notice.

Just to make sure...

Screenshot_20210506-230010_Chrome.jpg

$558.82 has been taken out of my bank today dispite me questioning the amount and not receiving a reply. $388 of that is shipping, of which I'll pay tax also so my shipping is effectively $466. I'm happy you guys have had your high quotes adjusted, but I'm also pretty sick of paying over the odds for everything, something only our Australian cousins seem to relate to. I'm tempted to open up a paypal dispute out of spite just because Prime 1 never bothered replying, but I'm not sure it'd achieve anything . . .

Do what I did - contact PayPal and get them to open a dispute for an unauthorised transaction. I had to put up with a moron initially (for 20mins going round in circles), but escalated and got a lovely lass that couldn't have been more helpful. Be warned that the PayPal helpdesk is manned by folks from Manila in the Philippines and English comprehension does seem to vary drastically. You just have to be FIRM with whoever you get if they insist on quoting from a set of stock answers.

. . . I'll be quick to cancel my Jungle Hunter and instruct Paypal not to allow any money to be taken ever again by Prime 1 if the situation repeats. This had better be a damn good statue when it arrives!

The PayPal lass did this for me, but also told me how I could have done it myself:

Sign in to your PayPal account, click on the "gear" icon (next to log out) to get to "settings", click on the payments tab, click on manage automatic payments, select show active, then make the PRIME1 row INACTIVE.

They should then be removed from what you see when you select the "Show active" button, and instead show via the "Show inactive" button.

Hope that helps.

I had the same thing happen to me Wednesday for the Jungle Hunter. Charged me out of nowhere DISPITE me cancelling my order over a week prior to getting charged. Spent all day at the bank and ob the phone to Paypal as my bank account was - $3100. I however could only open a dispute. No idea how to back out of a transactions or to stop automated transactions either, never knew you could do either. So now I have legit not a cent until the dispute is over which could take upto 10 days.

But yeah, super dodgy of them to pull this. I won't be ordering direct anymore either. Between the ridiculous shipping prices and their awful customer service / etiquette, it just isnt worth it.

What disgusting behaviour this company has shown this last week. They?ll probably blame it on their system saying it wasn?t adjusted to stop orders going through when they are on a public holiday.

The PayPal lass did this for me, but also told me how I could have done it myself:

Sign in to your PayPal account, click on the "gear" icon (next to log out) to get to "settings", click on the payments tab, click on manage automatic payments, select show active, then make the PRIME1 row INACTIVE.

They should then be removed from what you see when you select the "Show active" button, and instead show via the "Show inactive" button.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for this. I?ll be going this myself so they can?t take my final payment until they contact me with a final total.

Back