Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you like him, it’s a shame you had to fix a few things. Especially the foot pin being too snug. One question: did you get the Ex, if so where did it fall out of the 350?
Also, John contacted me to say the stand is nearly ready to be posted. I’ll post a pic so you can see how a recent one looks, but yeah as you’ve seen they come highly recommended.

Glad you like him, it’s a shame you had to fix a few things. Especially the foot pin being too snug. One question: did you get the Ex, if so where did it fall out of the 350?
Also, John contacted me to say the stand is nearly ready to be posted. I’ll post a pic so you can see how a recent one looks, but yeah as you’ve seen they come highly recommended.

The foot pin was the easiest thing to fix . . . super-easy . . . barely an inconvenience! Just a couple of minutes gentle rotation with a rats-tail file and it was done - so either the metal pin had some sort of "burr" on it or the socket had got partially plugged with a bit of extra resin before it cured. I'll admit it was a concern when first put in place and the wee beastie looked like he was levitating :)

The most annoying issue were the decals on the unmasked head - why oh why can't they apply/seal those correctly! :slap

Yeah - I got the EX . . . # 225.

Good news on the stand - I'll be pinging Steve myself over the next couple of days :wave

ec5639047effa73fa6cc654b10a1e1a5826895b7.gif

Glad you like it Spike, it's a lovely little statue. It was never going to impress as much as the Big game (Jungle Hunter) You just received, that thing is next level to most statues out there. Maybe you'd have liked this even more if you had received them in a different order and opened this first. I'm happy to have both of them for sure.

Glad you like it Spike, it's a lovely little statue. It was never going to impress as much as the Big game (Jungle Hunter) You just received, that thing is next level to most statues out there. Maybe you'd have liked this even more if you had received them in a different order and opened this first. I'm happy to have both of them for sure.
Like how you say little... compared to photos I was a bit shocked how this guy sized up. Happy but shocked. That Big game one must have been even more mind-blowing,!
I think when a guy on YouTube said he wasn't willing to lift it once it was put together summed it up for me🙂

Like how you say little... compared to photos I was a bit shocked how this guy sized up. Happy but shocked. That Big game one must have been even more mind-blowing,!
I think when a guy on YouTube said he wasn't willing to lift it once it was put together summed it up for me🙂

The "oh wow!" impact is probably affected by what you have owned before.

This PRIME1 P2 is the same scale (1:4) as the Infinity Studios and Sideshow CH statues, so I knew what I was getting. The pose and "wall mounting" possibilities give this a nice edge though.

The Infinity Studios piece has more "impact" as the column size results in it using up a lot more real-estate in the room.

But that PRIME1 BGCA JH - at the larger 1:3.5 scale COMBINED with the design & detailing - simply STUNNING! :love

The angle this was taken at makes them looks the same size - but they SO are not :)

IMG_1164[1].JPG

Seriously - it's been 3 days, and much like PRIME1's 1:3.5 "BGCA" Jungle Hunter piece . . . I can't believe how awesome ("brilliant" for UK readers :) ) this thing is.

The sculpt, art direction (and the mask) is frikkin' GORGEOUS !!!!

It's a shame that PRIME1's QC & customer service is so lacking, along with their honesty & honour (thank goodness for resellers/retailers like Secret Compass & Spec Fiction!)

I’ve seen a guy from the uk say ‘superb’ quite a a lot lately in YouTube videos.;) Does’nt really matter where your from ( even down under) this thing just oozes coolness. Nice to see it’s growing on you more and more. Enjoy!

Really curious as to what Spike is gonna do if the 1/3 comes out looking like a slam dunk.

I think we both know the answer to that given my opinion of "his royal tubbyness" :naughty

I suppose they could do some major redesign to sort out his height/weight proportions, and overhaul the pose, but I'd rather wait (weight? :monkey3 ) for someone with the artistic vision that created the 2 I've just bought.

I've always liked the sculpts on the BGCA Jungle Hunter and THIS City Hunter . . . but QC concerns, along with not wanting to deal with PRIME1, and disgust about OTT shipping & customs fees stopped me getting them until now . . . but then that well-known superhero team of "SuperPython" (faster than a speeding Citroen 2CV) and "Captain Compass" (shhhhh! - that's Shane's secret identity) came to my rescue :)

So the stand came in yesterday, just glued in the magnet so no pic with the head just yet. John has done an amazing job on these stands. They look like they came with the statue, but are subtle enough not to steal away from whatever head is on there. Many thanks to him and GS Steve for making these available.
20221011_053924.jpg

Last edited:
So the stand came in yesterday, just glued in the magnet so no pic with the head just yet. John has done an amazing job on these stands. They look like they came with the statue, but are subtle enough not to steal away from whatever head is on there. Many thanks to him and GS Steve for making these available.View attachment 602262
Looking forward to picks mate. Hope you enjoy it. I currently have a Sideshow Predalien Maquette getting a full repaint done by Johnny so am keen to see how he does

I'm embarrassed to admit I still haven't contacted Steve's mate John to order these for my 2 spare portraits (PRIME1 & Infinity Studios) :oops:

I have this base for the city hunter but does it also fit the spare portrait on the infinity studios? I cant check cause all my statues are in storage until my display room is build where i have just moved.

I have this base for the city hunter but does it also fit the spare portrait on the infinity studios? I cant check cause all my statues are in storage until my display room is build where i have just moved.

I was chatting to @Goonsack Steve (the kind fella above that answered my questions & gave me John's contact info), and he said the stand doesn't fit as-is, but John had custom-modified the connection point on 1 base so it fits the IS heads.

I'm hoping he can do this again for mine (although that would require him still having access to an IS head unless he took a cast of what he did before).

I need to get off my backside and email John to find out.

I was chatting to @Goonsack Steve (the kind fella above that answered my questions & gave me John's contact info), and he said the stand doesn't fit as-is, but John had custom-modified the connection point on 1 base so it fits the IS heads.

I'm hoping he can do this again for mine (although that would require him still having access to an IS head unless he took a cast of what he did before).

I need to get off my backside and email John to find out.

Be interesting to find out for sure.

Back