Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked Spec Fiction - they have it waitlisted.

Given the issues with PRIME1, I wouldn't be surprised if the Infinity Studios CH (ES of 500 and started shipping 18 months ago) is approaching exhaustion.

I did contact spec fiction about a month ago, they thought they had 1 infinity predator left to purchase, just as I was getting excited to purchase I had a second email to say they got it wrong and it was actually out of stock. Gutted

Whew. You really can't imagine just how many cracks and chipped chunks there are on this thing until you go looking for them with a flashlight and paintbrush. Quite a few spots where a chunk (at least half a cm) had already come off and was painted over. It's really hard to tell which random blobs were intentional and which were added after the fact.

Touched up what I could with acrylics tonight. And marker2037 was right, every bit of this will need to be sealed. Doesn't matter whether it's got a decal, whether it's bare and beige, etc. I haven't seen anything like this since Sideshow's Darkness LSB back in the day, although that was admittedly much worse.

I did contact spec fiction about a month ago, they thought they had 1 infinity predator left to purchase, just as I was getting excited to purchase I had a second email to say they got it wrong and it was actually out of stock. Gutted

Damn - tough one that. They are great people to deal with too. Sorry you missed out.

Whew. You really can't imagine just how many cracks and chipped chunks there are on this thing until you go looking for them with a flashlight and paintbrush. Quite a few spots where a chunk (at least half a cm) had already come off and was painted over. It's really hard to tell which random blobs were intentional and which were added after the fact.

Touched up what I could with acrylics tonight. And marker2037 was right, every bit of this will need to be sealed. Doesn't matter whether it's got a decal, whether it's bare and beige, etc. I haven't seen anything like this since Sideshow's Darkness LSB back in the day, although that was admittedly much worse.

Hope once you've done all the work you are happy with it. A labour of love though.

Makes me wanna go and seal my jungle hunter now lol. Paranoid about that.
ishethough.png

It's... probably not a bad idea.

For now. Queen Studios are slowly taking over. People will eventually get sick of paying top dollar for subpar statues.

In the case of City Hunter, I think most people seem to be pretty happy with it though. But I'd rather not buy future statues from them if I can help it (I did order Ripley though, as there isn't an alternative).
Mine is my favourite statue in my collection, it's a little sleeper of a gem. Sorry to Blade for his issues obviously and I hope a resolution is found, but I think most of these were okay for the most part. Prime 1 have some questionable business practices, but they certainly aren't at Sideshow production levels. SSC simply don't make predators at this level, nevermind the recent 1/3 Aliens which are next level entirely! I have half of my big chap here (The base) Waiting on the next box. Can't wait for it to arrive tbh as I imagine it will steal that number one spot away from this guy.. Queen studios are definitely the company to watch however, I'm seriously impresed with some of their stuff. It's all been from licenses I don't collect so far, but they have announced an 1:1 Alien bust!

I hope their 1/3 City Hunter doesn't interest me in the slightest. If they keep the pose they teased a year ago, I'll be safe. :lol

If they do this...

5ipyXw9.gif

...oh, boy.

I always loved this scene! I kind of wish the 1/4 had been more like this, as much as I do love it as is. I doubt they will make the 1/3 crouching also. I'm with you though, if they do stick with the teased pose, it'll be much easier to pass on it. It just doesn't work for me. I'd rather he was just standing tall, head back slightly with his combi stick in hand resting on the base.

I always loved this scene! I kind of wish the 1/4 had been more like this, as much as I do love it as is. I doubt they will make the 1/3 crouching also. I'm with you though, if they do stick with the teased pose, it'll be much easier to pass on it. It just doesn't work for me. I'd rather he was just standing tall, head back slightly with his combi stick in hand resting on the base.
There's something about the City Hunter design that looks great when relaxed or in contrapposto. I checked the 1/3 CH thread on Statue Forum and you posted a great shot of him looking to his left with the plasmacaster aimed at Keyes.

There's something about the City Hunter design that looks great when relaxed or in contrapposto. I checked the 1/3 CH thread on Statue Forum and you posted a great shot of him looking to his left with the plasmacaster aimed at Keyes.

Oh I'll have to go look, it's been a while since I thought about that statue. I do hope they change it though, so much as I don;t need another $5k statue...

Mine is my favourite statue in my collection, it's a little sleeper of a gem. Sorry to Blade for his issues obviously and I hope a resolution is found, but I think most of these were okay for the most part. Prime 1 have some questionable business practices, but they certainly aren't at Sideshow production levels. SSC simply don't make predators at this level, nevermind the recent 1/3 Aliens which are next level entirely! I have half of my big chap here (The base) Waiting on the next box. Can't wait for it to arrive tbh as I imagine it will steal that number one spot away from this guy.. Queen studios are definitely the company to watch however, I'm seriously impresed with some of their stuff. It's all been from licenses I don't collect so far, but they have announced an 1:1 Alien bust!
They're definitely not Sideshow levels, but there's been a clear decline in their production pieces, especially when it comes to human characters. Just makes it hard to pre-order from them, as you have no idea what you'll end up getting.

The City Hunter is indeed a gem, especially for the price.

To those with Mod Podge experience, what's a good way to apply it so we don't see brush strokes as much? Adding some water or using a certain type of brush?

Still need to apply the sealer on this guy, but I couldn't wait to get the mixed media on.

I bought some flat leather cord off Etsy that was just thin enough to thread through the holes on the codpiece. Was a royal pain in the neck since the codpiece is fixed where it is, but with a sewing needle and string, I was able to get a decent result. I only threaded the front and only through the outermost holes, each side wrapping around the back and terminating in a knot between the legs. Unfortunately Prime 1 attached the bone pouch to the belt, so I had to wrap over it.

The sash was interesting. We all know the bone pouch actually hangs from knotted leather cord hanging from beneath the chest armor. According to photo reference, the leather cord is knotted around a light-colored string. I tucked one end under the chest armor in the only spot where thread could fit (the armor sits extremely close to the skin for the most part) and tucked the other end in a small space between the bone of the pouch and his waist. Not sure how long it will hold at the chest without glue, but I could thread the leather about 1 cm behind the pouch's bone and the string about an inch!

As for the back, the armor sits too close to the skin for me to "continue" the sash there. Most of it would be covered by armor anyway, unless it sits above the armor in the back and then tucks under at his neck? Eh, it's a weird design.

8f738b041adc8fee79744c9bcb89369d.jpg

PXL-20220501-033511733.jpg

PXL-20220501-033610096.jpg

PXL-20220501-024736972.jpg

Not touching the cord around his belt again, but I might experiment with the chest sash some more. Maybe see if I can cut the leather cord lengthwise so it's half the width, that ought to make the knots look more to scale.

Still need to apply the sealer on this guy, but I couldn't wait to get the mixed media on.

I bought some flat leather cord off Etsy that was just thin enough to thread through the holes on the codpiece. Was a royal pain in the neck since the codpiece is fixed where it is, but with a sewing needle and string, I was able to get a decent result. I only threaded the front and only through the outermost holes, each side wrapping around the back and terminating in a knot between the legs. Unfortunately Prime 1 attached the bone pouch to the belt, so I had to wrap over it.

The sash was interesting. We all know the bone pouch actually hangs from knotted leather cord hanging from beneath the chest armor. According to photo reference, the leather cord is knotted around a light-colored string. I tucked one end under the chest armor in the only spot where thread could fit (the armor sits extremely close to the skin for the most part) and tucked the other end in a small space between the bone of the pouch and his waist. Not sure how long it will hold at the chest without glue, but I could thread the leather about 1 cm behind the pouch's bone and the string about an inch!

As for the back, the armor sits too close to the skin for me to "continue" the sash there. Most of it would be covered by armor anyway, unless it sits above the armor in the back and then tucks under at his neck? Eh, it's a weird design.

Not touching the cord around his belt again, but I might experiment with the chest sash some more. Maybe see if I can cut the leather cord lengthwise so it's half the width, that ought to make the knots look more to scale.
Looks great. I am doing this too with mine but I have to seal the statue first.

Nice work bud!

Had to fix it. :lol

Cut the leather cord along the length. This time I used a single long strip, equal in length to the string, and tied smaller strips of leather along it to create the knots. I also taped the cord and string together at each end, making it easier to tuck into the armor and preventing the ends from fraying or bending.

new-PXL-20220501-223523889.jpg

new-PXL-20220501-224304788.jpg

What kind of sealant will you be using?

Back