Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

The switch out hand must have a disc in it. You'd also get one to put in the holder when not using the disc in hand.

Thanks Alex, much appreciated.
So no empty left hand and we've recently discovered it's a removable mask which is quite worrying.

Disc in holder...

2d29elj.jpg

331hjbc.jpg

Empty disc holder...

2a9e3bo.jpg

I've asked a SS rep if they can confirm what is included with this as information is a bit vague.
Really hoping for a unused portrait stand.

Excellent! Thanks for confirming that for me.
I still haven't ordered, and don't think I'm going too (price point). Was just curious about the features that are/ are not included.

Taken for the SS site...
'featuring interchangeable masked and unmasked portraits'
To me that, more than, suggests you get switch out portraits and not just a mask that clips on. For $1,200 I want a piece that I can display however I want for years to come. Pulling that mask on and off will cause damage after time.
High end, high cost with poor execution to save money!

Thanks Alex, much appreciated.
So no empty left hand and we've recently discovered it's a removable mask which is quite worrying.

Yeah, great information & very much appreciated.

Like you though, Col, I'm now worried about the removable mask. How the hell does a $1199.99 statue somehow become very cheap & not have 2 seperate heads?

I'm OK about the slight inaccuracies. It's only been the price & the lack of Ex edition size that have kept me from definitely ordering this so far. But now I'm really not sure if I'll bother with it at all.

Cost cutting on a $1199.99 item. It truly boggles the mind! :explode:

Taken for the SS site...
'featuring interchangeable masked and unmasked portraits'
To me that, more than, suggests you get switch out portraits and not just a mask that clips on. For $1,200 I want a piece that I can display however I want for years to come. Pulling that mask on and off will cause damage after time.
High end, high cost with poor execution to save money!

The switch-out feature for the mask should not damage the portrait when taking the mask on and off on the piece as the mask sits quite well over the portrait I found when I took the mask on and off myself, so I'm not sure how one could damage the portrait unless they dropped the mask from a VERY high height directly onto the portrait somewhere.

-SideshowAlex

Price point made me rethink on ordering this...was going to order...now coming to find out that there is only 1 portrait.....Going to rethink this one yet again. :(

The switch-out feature for the mask should not damage the portrait when taking the mask on and off on the piece as the mask sits quite well over the portrait I found when I took the mask on and off myself, so I'm not sure how one could damage the portrait unless they dropped the mask from a VERY high height directly onto the portrait somewhere.

-SideshowAlex

Hi Alex.
I've just been on your live chat and they agreed the description indicates that there will be two portraits supplied with this. They didn't know if that was the case.
Over years of removing and placing a mask over a painted and details head sculpt there is inevitably going to be wear.
I expect any statue regardless of price to display well for years to come.

Standing over 28 inches tall, in roughly 1:4 scale, the Predator 2 maquette captures every aspect of the cinema icon in a truly unique and customizable display, featuring interchangeable masked and unmasked portraits, and a swap out accessory hand with combi-stick spear.
This is what I ordered.

I will be demanding my NRD back or moved onto another order.
It's not like it's a few quid :dunno

I'm sure they will. Should be amended on the product page. Not too clear to say the least.

They do swap out heads on their $300 preds and cheap out on this overpriced guy, wow, way to go SS. That should take most guys from small chance to zero chance of buying.

Just got this email...

Dear Colin,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Customer service and for your interest in our products! I am happy to confirm that the finalized Predator 2 Maquette exclusive item your ordered will come finished with 2 portraits.

Can you clarify please Alex?

They said it will be a unmask version also will come with hand holding disk
I took a picture I think the mask is detachable like hotoys

20130721_122309_zps4169936d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20130721_122236_zps6274e524.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OK I told you so the mask is detachable. I knew it because of the gap of the mask on the edge. That is why it is a closed mandible, that is the purpose of it. should be nice if it has a switch out open mandible :wink1:
This should be $999.99 price tag IMO but still is a must i rather pay $1200 today than 2K later when it is sold out. The only thing i wish that the exclusive won't be more than 500. I will be more happy if it is 300 :yess:

Last edited:

Why would there be a fully sculpted face under the mask on the video?
Really confused now.
Alex says removable mask, video says removable mask, SS tell me two portraits?

Back