Predalien Concept Maquette From AVP-R

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's SWEET! Much better design than what ended up in the film, IMO. Everything looks more realistic & organic.

Hey, Elder OT but could you show me your Clone Wars collection? Im curious to see them all, and I know you buy a lot of them...

Does someone have them all scanned in somewhere and would you post pictures of all the concepts?

There are very few GOOD Predalien drawings....theres these which I like...

predalien-6.jpg

predalien-7.jpg

the second one looks good, its the dreads that piss me off, its not really an alien thing IMO

to be honest I'm not really a massive fan of any of the looks but I'm a sucker for predator and alien. I would of probably preffered them to stay apart though.
Always loved the alien movies and predator to a certain extent difference to other movies , they always seemed set apart , the atmosphere or something. Now they don't since they have been dragged ito the special effect carry on horror movie genre. It irritates me.

the second one looks good, its the dreads that piss me off, its not really an alien thing IMO

Yes, but it's a Predator thing, which is half of a PredAlien. Not defending the dreads, they are out of place.

Anyway, I liked the PredAlien designs from the Alien Vs. Predator PC games - before they were bastardized by the movies.

I think the AvP concept could've been handled just as well as the original movies. Its just people seem to want it to be cheesy, and fun...when it shouldnt be. It should be action packed, scary, intense and serious.

Does someone have them all scanned in somewhere and would you post pictures of all the concepts?

Here's some from the ADI book, and some from other artists...

The last pic is from the Dark Horse "Aliens vs. Predator: Duel" comic and is the very FIRST appearance of the Predalien in any form. It's what set the stage for everything else.

normal_adibook61.jpg

adibook60.jpg

predalienconcept.jpg

adibook63.jpg

adibook64.jpg

Alien___predator_by_Typhoon89.jpg

predalien_by_nebezial.jpg

PREDALIENa.jpg

predalien5a.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh. None of those designs are good at all. I blame the Strauses for wanting too much Predator features.

Some of those concepts are a lot better and more alien. I like the feminine look.

This Marquette looks like a Predator with a tail, some pipes on it's back and the top half of it's head lopped off.

Ugh. None of those designs are good at all. I blame the Strauses for wanting too much Predator features.

You know, as mentioned by Sabres, some of those concept pics he posted are not from ADI or the Strauses, but other artists.

It seems you're not easy to please when it comes to PA designs, no matter how varied (which the above pics definitely are - varied).

What exactly do you want? Less Pred features on the PREDalien?

Like the Strauss bros & Tom Woodruff said in the behind the scenes stuff on the dvd. They went with the normal Alien cycle, 85%-90% Alien, 10%-15% Host. I think they did great job with the Predalien design and followed the rules. They did get a bit carried away with adding the queen characteristics but I figure they wanted to have someway to have the aliens reproduce that fit the storyline. Now they need to tie evertyhing together tastefully and with style...FINGERS CROSSED.

Back