Powerloader Question - With or Without Ripley?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bardoon

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have have been wondering what's going on with the Powerloader and how a lot of websites recently have begun offering the Powerloader WITH a Ripley figure for $250...the same price that Sideshow is offering their PL for and claiming that it comes WITHOUT the Ripley figure.

Now is there some confusion here?Has Hot Toys not settled on whether they are releasing the Powerloader with or without the figure?Is Sideshow taking notice of any of this and asking Hot Toys about what's going on?

Please let us know! Thank you! :D

I think the Power Loader with Ripley is a new version exclusive that was just announced. I thought I read that here on the board...

The Ripley WITH PL Combo is a variant. Her shirt has the sweat stains like in the film. The regular figure does not.

Another important question is; will Sideshow offer a limited amount of the Blister exclusive Loader with Ripley like they have done in the past?

screamingmetal said:
Another important question is; will Sideshow offer a limited amount of the Blister exclusive Loader with Ripley like they have done in the past?

Yes, and what I would like to know, if Dusty can answer this, is if we decide to cancel our Flexpay orders for the PL since the combo was not revealed until after Sideshow's pre-orders began, the 20% cancellation fees will be waived due to the unforseen circumstances from the distributor?

What ever. I just hope that collectors that ordered both pieces from SSC, Ripley and the Power Loader, get the best deal. Otherwise, why would we have ordered from SSC?? Why?????

I wonder what the ripley with the powereloader comes with - Is she just a stand alone figure as shown in the pictures? or does she come with all of the accessories (weapons, clothing) that she came with in the original boxed package.

Anybody know?

I'll say it again... the combo Ripley comes with a sweat stained shirt. The regular version doesn't.

So then....that still leaves this question:

Why are the prices the same for both versions?Why would a product with an additional figure that costs about $90 alone (or in this case since she probably has no accessories I'd say about $50-$60) be the same price as the Powerloader that DOESN'T come with the figure?

In addition...consider that Hot Toys website features the Loader with the figure (and not just the Loader alone).

I just don't get it and that's where I think Sideshow needs to address this for us.

What's Hot Toys e-mail address which they reply to?

Bardoon said:
So then....that still leaves this question:

Why are the prices the same for both versions?Why would a product with an additional figure that costs about $90 alone (or in this case since she probably has no accessories I'd say about $50-$60) be the same price as the Powerloader that DOESN'T come with the figure?

In addition...consider that Hot Toys website features the Loader with the figure (and not just the Loader alone).

I just don't get it and that's where I think Sideshow needs to address this for us.

What's Hot Toys e-mail address which they reply to?
That is strange, Hot Toys is only showing the Loader with Ripley version on their site.
Hot Toys' contact us page:
https://www.hottoys.com.hk/contact.php

That does it, now I MUST cancel my Flexpay order for this! Dusty, will you offer this and will you let us cancel our Flexpay orders without penalty? We had no idea this was going to be offered.

Please clarify ASAP Sideshow, other sites like Toy Square have removed the Power Loader pre-order page and replaced it with a PL/Rip combo pre-order and that is what is on the HT home page too.... this makes no sense, why offer a better deal to customers a few weeks later....

Bishop? Hello.... Bishop?

I'm starting to think the Loader does come with Ripley, it makes no sense just to release the loader separately.
I think Sideshow got some bad info from Hot Toys.

Back