Post the Classics that started it all! Universal Monsters Collections Thread!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20150721_125558.jpg

Thank you! I start to collect have in mind to collect all the monsters Pf...but i end to collect 1/6 scale. I wish one day to own a Mummy Pf. I have just a Phantom and Dracula Pf and i still love it!dracula lugosi.jpg
Very slick set up! Thanks for sharing! The Sideshow Phantom PF is very nice and love the poster behind it I have the same one but in smaller size.

Very little activity happening in this thread I thought a bump would be necessary. The new Mummy film hits Theater in a couple of weeks who's going to see it? Also the updated Legacy Collection of Dracula and Mummy are out. Originally I ordered Dracula but opted for the Mummy and I do not regret my decision. Almost through the collection and all are wonderfully stunning. You can tell the differences from the DVD versions. Besides the first film which is an exact copy from the Essential collection besides the text not being red. Any new pieces Universal monsters related? Share anything guys lets keep this thread alive.

Ryan :mummy

I don't have anything to contribute at the moment, but I'm all for keeping the thread going! :hi5:

Not a lot going on but since the new Mummy film is coming out Friday I just got the new Mummy Legacy Collection Blu-ray just in time. I made a review on it comparing and telling you my thoughts overall. Enjoy!

Ryan

I agree. These Legacy editions on blu breathe new life into these timeless classics. They look great on a HDTV.
I haven't bought any myself. My friend let me borrow Dracula and Frankenstein and he's also a big Universal Classic horror fan.

They need to get these on HD Digital as well as blu then I'll bite. :)

Awesome review bud! :duff

Just picked up Sideshow's Premium Format Creature from the Black Lagoon and it instantly became one of my favorite statues (and I have a lot of statues)! He joined the other big 3, Frankenstein, Dracula, and the Wolfman and was followed by the Phantom of the Opera. As great as the fabric works for Frankenstein, Dracula, and the Phantom, I find myself loving the polystone of the other 2. The action pose of the Creature is so awesome and iconic, colors look great, and I love the plastic leaves! I loved these movies as a kid but was remembering them as kinda cheesy and outdated until I saw a few of them again lately and fell in love with them all over again! Really am surprised how much I love these Monster statues and I have this thread (and the people here) to thank for giving me the push to pick them up. Thanks everyone!

Not a lot going on but since the new Mummy film is coming out Friday I just got the new Mummy Legacy Collection Blu-ray just in time. I made a review on it comparing and telling you my thoughts overall. Enjoy!

Ryan

I just picked up that set and the Dracula legacy set as well. I really love the new blu rays. Now, if I can just convince my boy that these are great movies, I'd be sitting pretty.

I agree. These Legacy editions on blu breathe new life into these timeless classics. They look great on a HDTV.
I haven't bought any myself. My friend let me borrow Dracula and Frankenstein and he's also a big Universal Classic horror fan.

They need to get these on HD Digital as well as blu then I'll bite. :)

Awesome review bud! :duff
They are worth it no matter what man. I love the mummy set and I just got wolfman legacy set in also. The digital part kind of sucks for those who use them but I rarely even use the digital copies to begin with.
Just picked up Sideshow's Premium Format Creature from the Black Lagoon and it instantly became one of my favorite statues (and I have a lot of statues)! He joined the other big 3, Frankenstein, Dracula, and the Wolfman and was followed by the Phantom of the Opera. As great as the fabric works for Frankenstein, Dracula, and the Phantom, I find myself loving the polystone of the other 2. The action pose of the Creature is so awesome and iconic, colors look great, and I love the plastic leaves! I loved these movies as a kid but was remembering them as kinda cheesy and outdated until I saw a few of them again lately and fell in love with them all over again! Really am surprised how much I love these Monster statues and I have this thread (and the people here) to thank for giving me the push to pick them up. Thanks everyone!
Congrats man all classics from sideshow are amazing and i have to agree the creature is an outstanding piece wish i owned all the of the pf but only own the sixth scale figures.
I just picked up that set and the Dracula legacy set as well. I really love the new blu rays. Now, if I can just convince my boy that these are great movies, I'd be sitting pretty.
Your boy needs to love these classics they are great and I also sent a pm too you about Dracula.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

My Sideshow Dioramas

Screenshot_20170625-170159_zpsdyunvmzg.jpg
Love those dioramas been trying to find them for a decent price.
Fun little info about Frankenstein ('31), Hunchback of Notre Dame ('23), and a few more modern films. Click the link below.

If you haven't already been to Universal Studios Hollywood I highly recommend it. Very iconic and nostalgic. They'll also show you a few movie magic secrets.
Lots of fun for the family!

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2017/04/26/hollywood-secrets-secret-detail-about-iconic-frankenstein-sce/22065924/
Ive been to universal hollywood and it was an amazing experiance i need to go around october though i heard they open the backlot and let you roam around where they filmed the classic monster flicks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Fun little info about Frankenstein ('31), Hunchback of Notre Dame ('23), and a few more modern films. Click the link below.

If you haven't already been to Universal Studios Hollywood I highly recommend it. Very iconic and nostalgic. They'll also show you a few movie magic secrets.
Lots of fun for the family!

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2017/04/26/hollywood-secrets-secret-detail-about-iconic-frankenstein-sce/22065924/

Man that sounds fun! I've only been to Hollywood once and it was years ago. I think I was 17 or so. I remember thinking how it looked a lot more run down and ghetto than I expected lol.

Back