Post the Classics that started it all! Universal Monsters Collections Thread!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go all. I started my reviews for the fall season and to get in the Halloween mood. First 3 reviews up on some of my classic Sideshow Universal Monster Figures. Decided to start with Frankenstein. Enjoy!

Ryan :frank

Nice job Ryan. The paint app is not bad at all, but it's just the shade of green. I agree about the "lime green". I wish they would have used a more neutral shade to give it a grittier look. I prefer the Silver Screen edition but only because it looks like what we see in the movie. Both are great figures.

I like Dwight Frye as well. I will always remember him as Renfield. LOL!

Thanks for sharing! :clap

Nice job Ryan. The paint app is not bad at all, but it's just the shade of green. I agree about the "lime green". I wish they would have used a more neutral shade to give it a grittier look. I prefer the Silver Screen edition but only because it looks like what we see in the movie. Both are great figures.

I like Dwight Frye as well. I will always remember him as Renfield. LOL!

Thanks for sharing! :clap

Thanks for watching and I just put up 3 more reviews today to continue the fun! As the figures go on they just keep getting better and better. Fritz is my favorite non creature figure it's just so good and I plan on getting Renfield this year. Dwight Frye is a classic for sure. Just always loved when he popped up on screen! :)

:)

Awesome!
I love Son of Frankenstein. Lugosi played a great Igor in this. It's one of his best performances in my opinion. That figure looks like it jumped off the screen. The likeness and outfit are right on.
Correction on one of your statements... Karloff actually did come back one other time as Frankenstein's monster, but it was a small part on a comedy TV show. He was even talking in his regular voice. :lol

Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman. I really wish this figure had 2 portraits. They should have included the expression Lugosi made when he was grunting, a sort of "sour" looking face. I like the dynamite accessory! The first time I saw this movie was on my cousin's Super 8mm. He's much older than I am and collected a whole bunch of movies. He played this movie for me projecting it onto his wall.

Awesome!
I love Son of Frankenstein. Lugosi played a great Igor in this. It's one of his best performances in my opinion. That figure looks like it jumped off the screen. The likeness and outfit are right on.
Correction on one of your statements... Karloff actually did come back one other time as Frankenstein's monster, but it was a small part on a comedy TV show. He was even talking in his regular voice. :lol

Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman. I really wish this figure had 2 portraits. They should have included the expression Lugosi made when he was grunting, a sort of "sour" looking face. I like the dynamite accessory! The first time I saw this movie was on my cousin's Super 8mm. He's much older than I am and collected a whole bunch of movies. He played this movie for me projecting it onto his wall.

Thanks for watching! Yeah Son of Frankenstein is a great film indeed. Lugosi's performance as Ygor was awesome and I believe it was his favorite role to play besides Dracula. The figure itself is incredible for sure and yes my one statement is false. I remember reading about that but I never think of it at these times. :lol As movies I count it as 3 as a show 1. I like the sculpt we get with the figure but I do agree the sour grunt he makes is cool for sure but sideshow's diorama has the figure sculpted exactly with that facial expression. Wow super cool! I wish I had a super 8 and projected a classic like that on my wall! Very cool story thanks for sharing and your knowledge of the monsters is very good too! You know a lot! I know my stuff but when you catch me on a day where I cannot think I go blank I swear. :lol

Thanks for watching! Yeah Son of Frankenstein is a great film indeed. Lugosi's performance as Ygor was awesome and I believe it was his favorite role to play besides Dracula. The figure itself is incredible for sure and yes my one statement is false. I remember reading about that but I never think of it at these times. :lol As movies I count it as 3 as a show 1. I like the sculpt we get with the figure but I do agree the sour grunt he makes is cool for sure but sideshow's diorama has the figure sculpted exactly with that facial expression. Wow super cool! I wish I had a super 8 and projected a classic like that on my wall! Very cool story thanks for sharing and your knowledge of the monsters is very good too! You know a lot! I know my stuff but when you catch me on a day where I cannot think I go blank I swear. :lol

It's all good. Just glad to see someone as passionate about these classics as I am.

Speaking of experiences...
When I was about 4 or 5 years old, my parents took me to Universal Studios in Hollywood (the Orlando facility still did not exist). While waiting to board the Tram Tour, there was an employee dressed as Dracula. Another as Frankenstein's monster. They were both entertaining the guests waiting in line but staying in character. It was Frankenstein's monster that slowly approached me and scared the $h1t outta me. That bastard! :lol
I fell in love with all the Universal monsters ever since. :yess:

It's all good. Just glad to see someone as passionate about these classics as I am.

Speaking of experiences...
When I was about 4 or 5 years old, my parents took me to Universal Studios in Hollywood (the Orlando facility still did not exist). While waiting to board the Tram Tour, there was an employee dressed as Dracula. Another as Frankenstein's monster. They were both entertaining the guests waiting in line but staying in character. It was Frankenstein's monster that slowly approached me and scared the $h1t outta me. That bastard! [emoji38]
I fell in love with all the Universal monsters ever since. :yess:
Yep im passionate and i grew uo with these monsters. That's super sweet! Thanks for sharing even if you got freak by Frankenstein. [emoji38]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Forgot who sculpted this Monster. This piece was beautifully painted and sculpted.

I believe it is close to 1/3 scale

PhotoGrid_1473613786357_zpsbg4jzgya.jpg

Nice reviews and figures there Apemanryan.

Wow amazing man! Just keep these post coming!

Just wonderful seriously thank you for sharing! Let's keep the pics rolling and or videos are welcome too. :)

Thanks guys. We seriously love Universal Monsters and good to see there are people here that appreciate what we also love.

It's been a little bit of a tough year but I still managed to hold onto these two and their duo base (and I'm sure glad I did)! Really enjoy seeing all your pics guys... mine's just a re-shoot of my favorite couple as they're the only Uni Monster PFs I own. Keep the photos coming if you can guys. Everyone's Uni Monster pieces/collections look awesome! :)

bride1.jpgbride2.jpgbride3.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Does anyone think we could eventually get a new 1/6 line of Universal Monster's figures? I have some of my sideshow ones from ten years ago still sitting around. But now that I am collecting the Hot Toys Star Wars figures, I can't help but notice the quality of now vs then is very different. I would love for the the monster's to be made by Hot Toys or any of the other big 1/6 makers...

Just wondering if anyone thinks this could happen.

I think the PFs have stood the test of time in terms of quality but 1/6 has come a long way. I'm not sure if ever they would release them again but it would be amazing to see a 1/6 of the monsters made by Hot Toys.

BTW to others reading this thread: Regrettably, I deleted my photobucket acct last year. I didn't realize all the pics I posted on here would be lost because of it. Apologies. Here's two of my favorite pics of my Bride PF by herself (re-uploaded) as they were mistakenly deleted. That's it for my contribution on here. I look forward to seeing more Uni Monster stuff from you guys for Halloween!!

IMG_1866 (2).jpgIMG_1867 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Back