Possible Hot Toys DC TV license?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if that's the video I posted before or not. I'm not gonna sit and watch the whole thing. But even if that film says a license is 1,000,000hkd...that's 125-130k usd. That's just to get the marble license. Then you need each films license. So let's go with those numbers. That's a couple hundred thousand dollars before to even start. That isn't enough money to have to pay just to make the figures?

That's not including the man power to do the deal. The lawyers to do negotiations. The ongoing cost to communicate with marvel and do approvals and changes. And that fee has to be repaid over and over. And all of that is before you even get to the cost to actually make the figures.

But sure, it's not a big cost. Yep. I bet your complaining about a 20 dollar increase in cost but call a quarter million "not" a lot. I'm glad your not replying to me.

Edit-I just watched most the vid. No that's not the video I was talking about but it has some of the same stuff. The stats are different and there's other differences. But it's still gives you an idea what happens.

The amount mentioned for licenses is just what it cost to buy the rights to make marvel products. Each film or show(season of each) has its own cost. So you get a marvel film license and then each film has to then be aquired. Those films can cost more then the entire overall license. Just depends on the film. And again, there's "maintance" costs for it like sending each proto out for approvals and every item has to be approved. Boxes too.

So yes, licensing is actually expensive. But don't take my word..here's Howard chans

So...not so cheap huh? But I'm sure you are right. What would Howard chan know about licensing.

Chan says these licensing deals still don’t come easily. Buying the rights to make Star Wars collectibles, for example, cost more than six figures in US dollars.

"It took half a year of negotiations before we got the licence,” Chan says. “The collectibles market is an important one and they were making sequels, so it took a very long time.”

Six figures is steep, but I'd imagine Star Wars as a license would be worth it because it's a license proven to essentially print money. I do love Hot Toys, as I own probably around 40-50 figures from them. I would love to see another 1/6 company up their game and give them some slight competition though, as a collector I think it'd be nice to get some comic, tv, and video game 1/6 figures from someone that are on the level of Hot Toys. More names in the ring would overall benefit the collectors, but I digress.

Snooze you Lose, Hot Toys.

Keep pumpin' dem iron menz and slightly changed marvel outfits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back