Possible DC SDCC2013 Announcements

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, while disappointing we didn't get to see a Flash or WW PF, I'm ok with them slowing down on DC. I've switched exclusively to DC and Video Game stuff, and this has been a brutal year, wallet wise.

I have to agree now with chin that said this before, for dc at least this was the worst SDCC ever.

I have to agree now with chin that said this before, for dc at least this was the worst SDCC ever.

Ummm... this is only the third sdcc where sideshow has DC stuff to show off.

You think DC got it bad? At least Sinestro was shown. Hobbit and LOTR got nothing.

Sinestro was previewed way before the con, just him and Harley no surprise PFs, specially no WW, goddamnit!!!

Sinestro was previewed way before the con, just him and Harley no surprise PFs, specially no WW, goddamnit!!!

I think you were spoiled by last year with Batman, Poison Ivy, Superman Shown, Green Lantern Shown, Superman Life Size shown and Batman Life Size.

It's all relative, they showed pieces from other lines this year. Gives people who collect more than one line to get other stuff and people who only collect DC a bit of breathing room.

I will say the fact that there wasn't even ONE additional DC hero is TOTALLY surprising to me. We only got 2 busts that haven't been seen in public before(one being a reprint), one villanes PF that has been on preorder for months, and one new villian PF. That is pretty pathetic IMHO.

I think you were spoiled by last year with Batman, Poison Ivy, Superman Shown, Green Lantern Shown, Superman Life Size shown and Batman Life Size.

It's all relative, they showed pieces from other lines this year. Gives people who collect more than one line to get other stuff and people who only collect DC a bit of breathing room.

:exactly: SS have shown a lot of big guns off quite quickly from there DC licence. We know Wonder Woman is in the works so we'll probably be seeing her later on this year or early next. I'm quite glad to have a breather from DC after the bombardment I got from SS with all there Marvel reveals

After I found out that Wonder Woman wouldn't be shown during SDCC I was really disappointed.

I'm still holding out hope for some type of announcement on her soon.

I think that'll be the case. There's still time.

Maybe DC is holding things up somewhere down the line and Sideshow had to do something to pay the license fee with. Ever think of that?
You sound like a guy in the know...

Ink's more of a guy in the no. :D

We definitely were, but we have also been waiting for WW for well over a year since we heard she was in the works, I collect other lines and I'm very happy with predy megatron apocalypse and the ladies and the improvement to galactus that's why I said for DC.

But WW would have made it perfect since the DC line is the reason I came back to the hobby, all the years of neglect by DC direct only putting out a piece that I liked every 2 years or so. :monkey2

We definitely were, but we have also been waiting for WW for well over a year since we heard she was in the works, I collect other lines and I'm very happy with predy megatron apocalypse and the ladies and the improvement to galactus that's why I said for DC.

But WW would have made it perfect since the DC line is the reason I came back to the hobby, all the years of neglect by DC direct only putting out a piece that I liked every 2 years or so. :monkey2

Believe me, I understand, but at this point I'm on statue overload so any more and my wallet might commit suicide.:lol

Lmao DC nerds going mad! It feels like they've been in DC overdrive lately, why would they show new stuff when they haven't cleared the backlog that hasn't even been released yet?

Honestly, while disappointing we didn't get to see a Flash or WW PF, I'm ok with them slowing down on DC. I've switched exclusively to DC and Video Game stuff, and this has been a brutal year, wallet wise.

Yeah it has been... Think we got spoiled. Not really anxious to see stuff that I would salivate over and then have to wait 2 years to get in hand. :impatient:

That being said.. drool commenced over Joker Bust and Blue/Grey Batman bust anyway. :thud:

What about the beastly joker bust!

I want more!!!..But that Joker bust is a winner :lecture...Andy B. even said it's "One of my personal favorite jobs I've worked on over the past 10 years with Sideshow." He put so much into this...and it shows.

Back