Popcultureshock Street Fighter Alex statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the boots are sculpted?

They said on FB Alex will be PCS only so I guess that means there won't be an EX since the normal one is exclusive already? That would definitely be disappointing. I must have bomber jacket Alex.

Dont worry Monger,even though its a PCS only release,they are coming out with a regular version at 125 es and an ex version at 50 of him.Well thats what Jerry said

He showed off a few work in progress shots of the full thing. The paint apps on the face look kind of bad. Hopefully it'll look much better on the final production shots. Still waiting to see if the EX will be a color change or the bomber jacket. A pallet swap is a pretty lame EX if you ask me since it is basically an inaccurate version of the character. Bomber jacket is the way to go.

0027955.jpg

0027954.jpg

So full reveal and information has been shown. I am very disappointed with the EX, but not surprised. Definitely lost potential with the lack of bomb jacket as the EX. That would have been awesome.

The way this is being done is kind of awkward too. I must have one of these, but they are both highly exclusive (EX is 50 and regular is only 150) and for some odd reason the preorder is done at the same time. This makes me worried that I might go for just one, likely the regular, and not get it and by the time I find out I would have missed out on the other version as well. Basically forces me to try to go for both and then cancel if I got into both.

I am also pondering about the EX in general. Part of me wants to snag the more exclusive version since the opportunity is here, but at the same time it isn't at all iconic for the character and it's just a really odd color scheme they chose thanks to the white hair. Had the hair remained blonde and his headband was a different color I'd prefer it, but I actually prefer how the regular looks.

EDIT: Oh and Monday 3PM pacific standard time is SUCH an inconvenient time to have people try to preorder. Seriously why not the evening or something?

Last edited:
So full reveal and information has been shown. I am very disappointed with the EX, but not surprised. Definitely lost potential with the lack of bomb jacket as the EX. That would have been awesome.

The way this is being done is kind of awkward too. I must have one of these, but they are both highly exclusive (EX is 50 and regular is only 150) and for some odd reason the preorder is done at the same time. This makes me worried that I might go for just one, likely the regular, and not get it and by the time I find out I would have missed out on the other version as well. Basically forces me to try to go for both and then cancel if I got into both.

I am also pondering about the EX in general. Part of me wants to snag the more exclusive version since the opportunity is here, but at the same time it isn't at all iconic for the character and it's just a really odd color scheme they chose thanks to the white hair. Had the hair remained blonde and his headband was a different color I'd prefer it, but I actually prefer how the regular looks.

EDIT: Oh and Monday 3PM pacific standard time is SUCH an inconvenient time to have people try to preorder. Seriously why not the evening or something?

yes, for all the sf collector, it's must have, but with email , that means you not gonna get it for sure, that is really sucks :lecture

Yep. It's a gamble no matter how you look at it. It sucks that even though we are all huge fans and have the money and are more than happy to buy it, we still may miss out just because of the difference of a few seconds.

I don't think Alex will be that popular. It is still one of the more obscure characters...
Of course, you always got those that buy multiple using different accounts and such, but I do think that everyone that wants one will get one.
And I think you can send in an email for both the regular and the exclusive... people asked Jerry about this on statuefreaks :)

Jerry answered: separate mails
so if you want the reg and the excl, you have to send two mails
if you want either one, I'd recommend sending two mails and cancelling one if you manage to snag them both :)

He showed off a few work in progress shots of the full thing. The paint apps on the face look kind of bad. Hopefully it'll look much better on the final production shots. Still waiting to see if the EX will be a color change or the bomber jacket. A pallet swap is a pretty lame EX if you ask me since it is basically an inaccurate version of the character. Bomber jacket is the way to go.

I don't like the face. Everything else looks good. That thread in the StatForum is filled with flippers.

At first I didnt like the face but now I do. With that being said I think it is inaccurate to his portrayal in SF3. I wish PCS didnt follow Udon art. Udon cant even do Oro right. These should be based off of official game art imo. Alex PF looks outstanding at side views for sure.

Personally I think he looks too old/somewhat barbaric. Narrowing the facial features would help. He is supposed to represent the "New Generation" of gaming, fighters, etc... but he looks too old here. He should come across as youthful, thus often smiling in official art, yelling or shouting, wearing wild hair, displaying a bandana like Ryu, and ripping his shirt off. He is also arogant and boastful but determined and willing to learn from his mistakes. He is a young guy in all ways, but that is not captured here. Instead he looks like some middle aged army soldier.

Last edited:
I am going to try for both and if I get an EX i will cancel the reg. I like the EX more.

Im going for the Regular but may also get the EX

Im sure I got one ;)

I sent the email one second after 3. Hopefully I got at least one of them! I am curious which one got more emails in. I wouldn't be surprised if the regular was in more demand than the exclusive!

Back