Media Pokémon GO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's best not to think of it as competition, because there is no possible way you can compete with that, unless his account gets closed or he gets bored and quits.

Popped out for an hour or so today and had best run in a while.

Caught another couple of Dratini so evolved into a Dragonair, caught another higher CP Electabuzz, evolved my Oddish into a Bloom, evolved an Eevee into Jolteon, (just Flareon to go now), caught my final needed Ponyta so evolved into a Rapidash, caught another Pikachu to help on my way to Raichu, (my preferred look), and finally snagged an Onix.

Phew! :)

Not particularly strong but here's my current top deck:

ebc3a7398c6c967b4f6296da7e8ced3b_zpsuyo6i5gt.jpg

I meant roids. Damn auto correct :lol

It's best not to think of it as competition, because there is no possible way you can compete with that, unless his account gets closed or he gets bored and quits.

Thing is the whole Pokemon game is a competition isn't it? Unless you have no interest to partake the gym part and just wanna collect and complete the pokedex.

That list is looking quite nice, Tim. What level are you on? Taking a screen grab of mine in a bit.

Good stuff Madden.

I'm less than 5 candies away from being able to evolve Gyarados. But am thinking I should hold on and try to find the strongest possible Magikarp first, or at least leveling up what I have to the max first. The strongest I've seen has a CP of 140ish. I'm in the same boat with Slowpoke, though I have a reasonably strong one at around 600 CP.

Popped out for an hour or so today and had best run in a while.

Caught another couple of Dratini so evolved into a Dragonair, caught another higher CP Electabuzz, evolved my Oddish into a Bloom, evolved an Eevee into Jolteon, (just Flareon to go now), caught my final needed Ponyta so evolved into a Rapidash, caught another Pikachu to help on my way to Raichu, (my preferred look), and finally snagged an Onix.

Phew! :)

Not particularly strong but here's my current top deck:

ebc3a7398c6c967b4f6296da7e8ced3b_zpsuyo6i5gt.jpg
Nice. When I was at vacation, there were plenty of Ponyta and Sandshrew's available, so I got less than 3 candies away from evolving each. Since returning back home, nada. So they remain in their base states. I actually caught a Dragonair in the wild. Which is good, because the chance I'll be able to fully evolve him was low enough with getting that assistance.

Thing is the whole Pokemon game is a competition isn't it? Unless you have no interest to partake the gym part and just wanna collect and complete the pokedex.
Yeah, my motivation is primarily to get all of the Pokemon, but you could focus more on the battles if you want to. But there, as we've discussed, if someone is cheating there isn't much you can do, apart from following suit.

Here are my heaviest hitters at the moment.

74595e77ce25b42e0968756f3ce3fba0.jpg

Last edited:
Have you guys heard of the Pokemon IV calculator? You input the info for each one and it gives you a top percentile rating on how good it is to evolve. Sometimes the highest CP isn't the best one.

The whole IV thing is pretty redundant in Go. In the main games it matters, but in tappy-tappy-CPU-fight Pokemon you don't need to look much beyond CP and typing.

Have you guys heard of the Pokemon IV calculator? You input the info for each one and it gives you a top percentile rating on how good it is to evolve. Sometimes the highest CP isn't the best one.

IVs dictate my entire team. I'm not going to invest stardust into one that can't reach 'max' potential - and when you come the numbers and see the differences for yourself, they'll add up. There's a lot of factors that go into a battle, just as Cult pointed out, however. And in many ways, IV shouldn't be a top priority, but in my eyes, it should up there if you're playing competitively. IVs are determined by 3 factors: CP, HP, and Stardust requirements per power up - throw that into a large spreadsheet that a group of people spent hours upon hours to making equations for and *BAM* there's your IV calculator.

It works.

For me, it's just a matter of building a strong foundation. I'm not going to invest 400 candies and days into gathering enough for a Gyarados only to find out that his IV is 50%. It's a waste of 'what could have been.' But like I said (and something Cult eluded to), you could do all of the that and when it evolves, obtain a perfect Gyarados with a subpar move set. (Move sets are randomly determined - according to current theory.) Move sets are another huge factor that you have to keep mind, much like type, STAB, etc.

I used to think it was overrated, and then started noting subtle differences in battle when fighting gyms and comparing among friends, and eventually, I couldn't ignore it.

Been playing alot less the past week, however I caught this guy today, first time I've seen one.
738e711df73146557e2bcf84f1973587.jpg

Looks like you're doing really well to me, Mike. Particularly given the lack of Pokestops around you! Funny how you have a mix of English named characters and Japanese named ones.

I like the variety you guys have... Meanwhile I'm slowly accepting my faith as a water type gym leader xD

df163698f03326d7a82f06c408c4b792.jpg

Good stuff Madden.

I'm less than 5 candies away from being able to evolve Gyarados. But am thinking I should hold on and try to find the strongest possible Magikarp first, or at least leveling up what I have to the max first. The strongest I've seen has a CP of 140ish. I'm in the same boat with Slowpoke, though I have a reasonably strong one at around 600 CP.

Nice. When I was at vacation, there were plenty of Ponyta and Sandshrew's available, so I got less than 3 candies away from evolving each. Since returning back home, nada. So they remain in their base states. I actually caught a Dragonair in the wild. Which is good, because the chance I'll be able to fully evolve him was low enough with getting that assistance.

Yeah, my motivation is primarily to get all of the Pokemon, but you could focus more on the battles if you want to. But there, as we've discussed, if someone is cheating there isn't much you can do, apart from following suit.

Here are my heaviest hitters at the moment.

74595e77ce25b42e0968756f3ce3fba0.jpg

Good stuff. :duff

Loving that Wigglytuff and Snorlax, still need both of those.

NICE! Love the nickname for Vaporeon. :lol

Looks like you're doing really well to me, Mike. Particularly given the lack of Pokestops around you! Funny how you have a mix of English named characters and Japanese named ones.

Thanks, I invested in a few egg hatches last week, got a few of the rare ones. Lol, I renamed some of the pokemons.
Good stuff. :duff

Loving that Wigglytuff and Snorlax, still need both of those.

NICE! Love the nickname for Vaporeon. :lol

Yeah, I tried to have all the Eevee Evolution to all have a "E" initial. :Lol

Nice. Luckily I got a coupe but not even close to evolving him yet. Its funny where we go there are a lot of people spread out so when something rare pops up somebody screams the name out and everyone starts running. Happened last night with a Charmander.

Back