poison ivy repainted

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow USED TO have way better paint apps guys, are you joking or have you forgotten? Uni Monsters PFs, all the women of Marvel, She Hulk PF, Lara Croft snow day, Black Cat pf etc etc... they need to get that quality back. Gentle Giant is doing stunning work and 1/4 scale. GG Black Widow 1/4 looks incredible. Hopefully they start cranking more out because I don't mind paying $50 more for paint that is ten times better than Sideshow right now. Don't get me wrong, Sideshow did good work with Baroness PF, Vampi, and Scarlet Witch but they need to tighten QC on bigger ES pieces or I'm sticking with GG just imo. And there is no excuse on what happened with both Supes and Batman busts for $700. Sideshow has to get it together. I didn't buy Supes bust cuz of all the issues.

Sideshow USED TO have way better paint apps guys, are you joking or have you forgotten? Uni Monsters PFs, all the women of Marvel, She Hulk PF, Lara Croft snow day, Black Cat pf etc etc... they need to get that quality back. Gentle Giant is doing stunning work and 1/4 scale. GG Black Widow 1/4 looks incredible. Hopefully they start cranking more out because I don't mind paying $50 more for paint that is ten times better than Sideshow right now. Don't get me wrong, Sideshow did good work with Baroness PF, Vampi, and Scarlet Witch but they need to tighten QC on bigger ES pieces or I'm sticking with GG just imo. And there is no excuse on what happened with both Supes and Batman busts for $700. Sideshow has to get it together. I didn't buy Supes bust cuz of all the issues.

You're looking at a prototype paint app.

Lmao, this guy just 1Up'ed all Ivy owners out there! I love it. Factory Vs Allred or not, congratulations on an incredible repaint, dude. Glad I don't own this, cuz if I did, I wouldn't be able to look at my SS version the same any more. A revamp like this just motivates me even more to seek out and hire pro painters to repaint any statue I buy from SS, because let's face it, their paint-ups leave a ton to be desired....nowadays anyway.

Yea, the re-paint on this Ivy is incredible, probably equal to the paint master sideshow has. But there is no way to expect Sideshow to put out 1000s of these at that level of quality - if we were actually expecting that, the edition size would probably barely be in triple digits.

And if you are willing to pay 1000 to SS for this, then just get it repainted, there are many amazing painters out there, but it would not be available for 350.

I think high ES dosnt means bad quality,ss can made good jobs,only if they wants...

these pics are from my collection,buddie,this face sculpt and paint job is just perfect for me but poison ivy is just a disaster,

johnnykristensen had to repaint the piece and it's really a shame that we have to repaint the figures in order to have something like the prototype but with these pictures that I put PROVED that sideshow knows how to do things right,

resizeddscf1233raf.jpg

026-1.jpg

IMG_5976.jpg

8138256025_81f56d1f9e_b.jpg

5049122468_2619cbbc5e_o.jpg

Gentle Giant does 18", not 1/4 scale

I think high ES dosnt means bad quality,ss can made good jobs,only if they wants...

these pics are from my collection,buddie,this face sculpt and paint job is just perfect for me but poison ivy is just a disaster,

johnnykristensen had to repaint the piece and it's really a shame that we have to repaint the figures in order to have something like the prototype but with these pictures that I put PROVED that sideshow knows how to do things right,

resizeddscf1233raf.jpg

026-1.jpg

IMG_5976.jpg

8138256025_81f56d1f9e_b.jpg

5049122468_2619cbbc5e_o.jpg

Almost all of SSC's major paint problems are with female characters. Rogue, Spiderwoman, Psylocke, and Ivy to name a few. I don't know why that is but it's obvious that that's their biggest problem. It just seems like SSC thinks that T&A sells no matter what the paint job looks like. Out of all the male character statues that I own, only the Hulk Coms paint job looks poor to me. Not because of googly eyes or paints going out of the lines but because of little shading and I don't like the colors used. It's mainly the female statues that need tighter QC.

John Allred just got back to me and said that three is the max he will do for this Poison Ivy repaint. Line is closed!

So you where the last?

It was too late for me. :gah: I do feel a bit down from it, but at the same time feel better that I don't need to spend money. I have decided to keep my Poison Ivy after getting a long look at her. I don't have the googley eyes at all so I can live with this paint job. At least I now have a painter I can go to when I get a new PF with a bad paint job. John will be the first person I will think of right away when an Emma Frost PF comes out in the future though. I simply don't have much faith in Sideshow lately.

Yea didnt know she would get so much attention alot have asked me about her and many wanted john, he told me to make mine speciel only two others and a special paint on this, i told him to just make alot of money on her.
But no.

I wish technology was up to the point where machines could paint statues, with the accuracy of what we see from a prototype (or a re-paint)... I guess it's just a matter of time...

I believe SS problems are mostly on females because male sculptures (and monsters) tend to have a lot of detail intrinsic to the sculpt. Male physique and facial structure is very detailed and obvious, which would make it much easier to paint and shade. Female sculpts tend to be more subtle, which would require a much more skilled painter to bring out the beauty.

I believe SS problems are mostly on females because male sculptures (and monsters) tend to have a lot of detail intrinsic to the sculpt. Male physique and facial structure is very detailed and obvious, which would make it much easier to paint and shade. Female sculpts tend to be more subtle, which would require a much more skilled painter to bring out the beauty.

Sideshow is perfectly capable of painting their female PFs beautifully. Look at any archival piece from Bride of Frankenstein all the way to Baroness and Vampirella. They need to use THOSE factories that used to paint all the female PFs of years past and take their time rather than rush things and risk a hit or miss PF like Ivy, Rogue, Psylocke, Cobra Commander, Spider Woman, Supes Bust, Bataman Bust etc. I expect Wonder Woman and Catwoman to look as good in paint as She Hulk and Ms Marvel or they're getting sent back for a refund. Only fools would accept shoddy paint work at these prices. Barbie gets flawless paint for ten buck, so let's get that straight. I don't expect perfection at all with hand painted pieces, but I DO expect extreme high quality and a painter taking pride in his work and doing a great job. If not, hire another painter. :peace:wave

Sideshow is perfectly capable of painting their female PFs beautifully. Look at any archival piece from Bride of Frankenstein all the way to Baroness and Vampirella. They need to use THOSE factories that used to paint all the female PFs of years past and take their time rather than rush things and risk a hit or miss PF like Ivy, Rogue, Psylocke, Cobra Commander, Spider Woman, Supes Bust, Bataman Bust etc. I expect Wonder Woman and Catwoman to look as good in paint as She Hulk and Ms Marvel or they're getting sent back for a refund. Only fools would accept shoddy paint work at these prices. Barbie gets flawless paint for ten buck, so let's get that straight. I don't expect perfection at all with hand painted pieces, but I DO expect extreme high quality and a painter taking pride in his work and doing a great job. If not, hire another painter. :peace:wave

Really....Barbie?

81547.gif

lol just saying, if they can get Barbie's eyes in the right place lolol. Anyhoo, like I said I do not expect perfection but I do expect Sideshow to take pride in their paint quality like they used to. These are high end collectibles. It's sad that I'm looking forward to Gentle Giant 18 inch statues when I never used to give them a second thought. Sideshow CAN get it back with quality, they just need to be more strict. A lot of Ivy's turned out beautiful but it is unacceptable that they let the short bus ones slip through the cracks and shipped them out.

Exquisite! Spectacular repaint johnnykristensen. I was in total awe looking at those beautiful pics

Back