Premium Format Poison Ivy PF v3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on these two pics, Ivy appears more ripped than Wonder Woman, which is a definite head-scratcher.

Exactly. I wouldn't have mind if SSC made Ivy's back toned ...but yikes! They made her even more ripped than WW. Nuts!

I was just going to post this! Maybe they were fed up of all the annoying whiners saying they covered up her back lol also I don't mind the direction of this Ivy, looks very realistic anatomy-wise and different from their other Ivy statues which were more comic/stylised. If you don't like it then don't buy it guys

Agreed. Still need to see the full reveal to decide, tho. At the very least, see a pic of her front view.

OK, so now we get super shredded, cross fit, weight lifting Ivy. Someone really needs to check what's in the water over there at sideshow (or whatever they are smoking).

Well dang. I was looking forward to the pose from the art. Was hoping for something different for the $600 this will probably cost, but, oh well. Will still get her.

If this was She-Hulk I'd say I'm looking for full reveal, but this..... NOPE. Not digging it at all. 2018 is truly one of my least expensive years for buying Sideshow product. Disappointment after disappointment. My only preorders are Iron Studios and Prime 1. Swamp Thing is the only piece I was anticipating, and that piece is tainted and I have to wait till I can hold it in my hand before buying.
And what's with her poorly covered up butt?

Ok you all convince me I’m
Out. Money saved. Thanks! Not feeling this with the view angle. I love muscle fit woman after I’ve seen them at the gym. But that’s another story lol.

How has the reception been on other social media?

As we know it can sometimes be the complete opposite of what is here.

I bet on the ss home site everyone will say it’s amazing! They delete away all the bad comments there.

I think at some point Sideshow either 1) should try to start getting other licenses so they can vary their product offerings more, 2) start focusing a bit more on the “B” list DC/Marvel characters so they don’t have to constantly think of fresh designs for the big name characters, or 3) some combination of those.

I get what they’re trying to do....I understand that they can’t ALWAYS make comic book consistent designs. They’d get stale quick. But surely they have to understand that the bulk of the people willing to spend this kind of money on a comic book statue are people who won’t always exactly embrace the creative freedoms they sometimes choose to take.

But at the same time when they release this many big characters so close to each other (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Joker, Harley, Ivy, Cap, Widow, Wolverine, Iron Man) I think people need to acknowledge/understand that they’re not ALL going to be worth buying. And it’s probably for the best that they’re not lol. I mean I’m getting 4 (maybe 5) of those 10, and when they were all announced I thought I’d be getting at least 8 of 10. I’m shedding no tears at all that I don’t like all of them.

I think at some point Sideshow either 1) should try to start getting other licenses so they can vary their product offerings more, 2) start focusing a bit more on the “B” list DC/Marvel characters so they don’t have to constantly think of fresh designs for the big name characters, or 3) some combination of those.

I get what they’re trying to do....I understand that they can’t ALWAYS make comic book consistent designs. They’d get stale quick. But surely they have to understand that the bulk of the people willing to spend this kind of money on a comic book statue are people who won’t always exactly embrace the creative freedoms they sometimes choose to take.

But at the same time when they release this many big characters so close to each other (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Joker, Harley, Ivy, Cap, Widow, Wolverine, Iron Man) I think people need to acknowledge/understand that they’re not ALL going to be worth buying. And it’s probably for the best that they’re not lol. I mean I’m getting 4 (maybe 5) of those 10, and when they were all announced I thought I’d be getting at least 8 of 10. I’m shedding no tears at all that I don’t like all of them.

Out of those you've listed I only liked the Wonder Woman and Wolverine.

Yes I agree it’s not bad, but it’s not great as of what we seen so far. If they can shock us with a good ex who knows. But I figure these new pf prices will probably make me pass on it at around 600.00-700.00 for this possibly. For the new higher prices these needs to have much better art direction.

Back