Point Break (2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was 24 they didn't make too many (if any) remakes of films only that old. Now it seems standard Hollywood green-lighting.

Of course the idea of branding was just taking shape.

I really don't hate or have a problem with reboots or remakes. I don't get why people get so upset? To me, no film is off limits, because I'll always have the original, so if the new version is bad, I don't have to watch it and it will be forgotten, but if it's good and entertaining, then that's just another film I can watch and enjoy. It's a win- win situation.

I think it depends on when you were raised. I came of age during the 80's when there seemed to be an explosion of creative juices flowing. Not all of it was good, but at least a lot of it was original. To the point where they are still copying it today.

I think with remakes, you already know the story. I do hunger for new stuff, stuff that will blow me away or surprise me, storywise, not just in a "oh who's playing such-and-such this time". Especially when they start to reboot something that was just rebooted within a generation.

If you're young, this will make no sense... but give it time.

I think it depends on when you were raised. I came of age during the 80's when there seemed to be an explosion of creative juices flowing. Not all of it was good, but at least a lot of it was original. To the point where they are still copying it today.

I think with remakes, you already know the story. I do hunger for new stuff, stuff that will blow me away or surprise me, storywise, not just in a "oh who's playing such-and-such this time". Especially when they start to reboot something that was just rebooted within a generation.

If you're young, this will make no sense... but give it time.

Don't forget how in the 80's there were a lot of sequels and copycats too. I grew up around the same time, 80's and early 90's, so I kind of understand what you mean. I guess it just doesn't bother me. Although, the Ghostbusters reboot does bother me because I hate the all female cast idea and Melysa McCarthy, but I still have Ghostbusters, the original, so the reboot doesn't matter. However, if tomorrow they announce a new film based on The Real Ghostbusters cartoon, with actors who look and dress like in the animated show, I would be first in line to watch that film.

However, if tomorrow they announce a new film based on The Real Ghostbusters cartoon, with actors who look and dress like the animated show, I would be first in line to watch that film.

OK, now imagine they announce they are doing that movie but with actors you can't stand AND with Melissa McCarthy. Now how do you feel about it?

OK, now imagine they announce they are doing that movie but with actors you can't stand AND with Melissa McCarthy. Now how do you feel about it?

Well, then I wouldn't watch it. It's already happening with the Ghostbusters reboot, and I'm not watching it. It doesn't chance anything, I still have the real ghostbuters cartoons, and the original film. Reboots don't matter that much. A bad sequel can be more harmful than a remake or a reboot if it changes the story of the original film or how you view the first film. Look at Ghostbusters 2 :lol And even that I can probably ignore, since you can choose what to like. It's like Spiderman 3, in my mind it doesn't exist, and Uncle Ben was still killed by the same guy from the first film, not some sand guy. And Parker and MJ, are still together just like at the end of Spiderman 2. Ghostbusters 2 never happened, Peter Venkman and Dana never got divorced.

I was hoping in secret this would get a sequel with new copy cat president bank robbing surfer's and give credit to Patrick and Keanu & gang and embracing thier crazy life style ,but no they went full reboot. This look's good but will never replace original. One other movie i'd love a reboot or sequel to is DROPZONE one can hope ha ha...

Would have been funny to see them robbing banks wearing Obama, GW, John McCain, Sarah Palin and Hilary Clinton masks.

This would be Epic but hollywood has no fn brains in heart when come's to us fans. I can see the scene perfectly in my mind ha ha of GW n gang robbing all in good fun. The little hand says it's time to rock ' n roll!:rock

Don't even have the words to describe how they just ruined one of my fav childhood movies. The action looks decent and I'll def redbox it but who are these actors? Come on man. Gerard Butler would have been a great Bodie. How could they not pull a top notch hollywood actor for this role? How???

WEl4Cqe.gif

frustrated.gif

frustrated.gif

looks good i just dont understand why they want to call it point break, it could go by a different name quite easily cause it looks nothing like the original.

call it edge of adrenaline or flying dangerously or some bs but dont call it point break

Unfortunately it looks a lot more like the Fast and the Furious than Point Break.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As in way over the top action sequences that are in no way believable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^indeed, typical modern action movie. Stunts that exceed the breaking point in one's ability to suspend disbelief if you will. A ''why am I even watching this?'' scenario where characters implausibly survive ever more ridiculous carnage to a degree where all sense of danger is null and void. No stakes, no tension, no point.

Back