Please excuse a stupid Detolf question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, I want a Detolf and I can get one for about $65, then the shipping is $349 on top of that. WHAT????

I can drive to Orlando and pick it up personally for far less than that. But is there away around these stupid shipping charges that everyone knows about but me? Three hundred and fifty is just ridiculous. For that money, I expect a fairy at each corner to convey it to my house on fluttering wings, and sprinkling fairy-dust while they are at it.

They can also grant me three wishes when they get here, but regardless. What is with these stupid charges?!

If I may ask my Friend Ramatulle how far are you from The Phantom Zone to Orlando? and second if you make that trip buy 2 or 3, it would be worth it, third have you tried Craigs List or some other sale paper?

IKEA shipping charges are insane, no way around it.

If you can make the trek, do it and like others mentioned buy as many as you can fit in your car or on top of it.

I'm assuming you live very far away from your nearest store?
$349 :horror

No, Orlando is a couple of hours from me, its not across the country or anything. Which is why the $349 has me scratching my head. Are they shipping straight from Sweden or something? Redonkulous. :cuckoo:

The idea about buying two or three in one trip is a good one, though. I might well do that.

If I may ask my Friend Ramatulle how far are you from The Phantom Zone to Orlando? and second if you make that trip buy 2 or 3, it would be worth it, third have you tried Craigs List or some other sale paper?
IKEA is notorious for their insane shipping charges, so she may not even be that far away. Personally, I'd take it as an opportunity to go to Orlando for the day and grab two or three, as Colossus advises. Even with three it's cheaper than most single release HT figures and then you've got room to spare for the collection as it grows.

Edit: Took too long to post. See the issue seems to be resolved, now! :lol

There are some companies that pick up items from IKEA and will deliver them to your house. I found one on Craigslist in Michigan. They charge a flat rate up to a certain amount and then a percentage for certain amounts above that.

What is with these stupid charges?!

Have you ever seen a Detolf in its package box? If not, its about 90lbs and 5feet long. Takes 2 people to safely lift up and move around.

No clue how they add up to over $300 shipped but I'm guessing it forces people to visit the store.

Remember there are no stupid questions. Only stupid people.

This is a Detolf clone for $157 + free shipping from Amazon. Save a few bucks:
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Contemporary-Cabinet-Cappuccino-Bottom/dp/B000IN9BRC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_1[/ame]

Last edited:
I'm sure it's based on weight and the fact that it's primarily glass they're shipping. Still, that's a large amount to pay for in country shipping.

I recently wanted to order a light for my display cabinet, and they wanted nearly $50 to ship it… within the city.

I think they want to get you in the store because they know you'll end up spending a lot more.

Back