Please check your Ironman 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far so good. #74/150 seems to not be cracking. I'm going to leave him out on display, even thought this isn't where I wanted to display him ( I know I need to dust) , just to see if the "elements" (out of sunlight and in a home environment" negatively impact his paint adhesion super powers. This really is ridiculous that I/we should have to worry about this sort of thing. I checked the areas of concern from previous photos. I wonder if it was just some fat Chinese slob eating Slim Jims on the job while painting (and touching) these busts.

sabretooth.jpg

It really is a shame these expensive and gorgeous works of art are screwed over by piss poor quality control.

I would have loved nothing more than to keep my 1:1 Angel of Death bust forever, but I just couldn't watch that 500 dollars peel and crack off onto the floor anymore. Unacceptible.

It really is a shame these expensive and gorgeous works of art are screwed over by piss poor quality control.

I would have loved nothing more than to keep my 1:1 Angel of Death bust forever, but I just couldn't watch that 500 dollars peel and crack off onto the floor anymore. Unacceptible.

did they replace it or did you get a refund?

Its unsettling to say the least. Its obvious the primer is the issue...these paint issues have been going on for a while now. But SS remains silent about the problem leaving collectors/customers in the dark as to what lines and what products this primer was used on. I for one am becoming very reluctant to place orders for big ticket items that may carry these same issues. I live in Canada so the refund policy doesnt add much reassurance that I will get ALL my money back. When I had my 1:1 IM bust refunded l lost $125 because the Canadian doller dropped in value at the time of refund. Can you imagine what I would lose if the same scenario repeated with a 1:2 IM:google If these problems persist I will have to put off collecting SS products for a while. It just isnt worth the headache or $$$.

Chris

did they replace it or did you get a refund?

I didn't purchase it through Sideshow. Got mine through BBTS, and they sent UPS to come pick it up and I'm due a full refund once they get it back at their warehouse. Turkey day kind of screwed up the mail flow, as last I checked it still wasn't delievered back to them yet, so as of this writing I'm still out the money and the bust.

I'm sure they'll take care of me though, just worry when the $$$ is this high.

I had a nightmare that this happened:

Cracking Paint

Oh wait, that wasn't a dream and just happened moments ago.

:horror So, has a thread been started someone else in the forum to alert others of this issue who may not frequent the Marvel section? If it hasn't, it's time that there be an official paint flaking/cracking/bubbling thread not specific to one section or particular piece.

:horror So, has a thread been started someone else in the forum to alert others of this issue who may not frequent the Marvel section? If it hasn't, it's time that there be an official paint flaking/cracking/bubbling thread not specific to one section or particular piece.

As much as I thought I'd never see the day, I think this is a very good idea. I definitely like the idea of a single thread documenting this issue for us collectors to visit if and when necessary.

I am the latest victim. I read about all these problems so on Christmas day I happened to look at mine and noticed cracks on the side of the head and paint peeling all over.

I cant believe it! Such an expensive piece with such poor craftsmanship. Is there anything we can do as collectors if its been almost a year of ownership?

When it happens on this large a scale it is def a problem

I am the latest victim. I read about all these problems so on Christmas day I happened to look at mine and noticed cracks on the side of the head and paint peeling all over.

I cant believe it! Such an expensive piece with such poor craftsmanship. Is there anything we can do as collectors if its been almost a year of ownership?

pics please

Call SS and tell them you want your money back....and another $700 just for the headache.

Chris

As of right now sideshow really needs to make an announcement to let us as collectors know that we are safe in our purchases.

Mine isnt as bad as some others pics I have seen on here but the main spot is in the black part of the side of the face. I thought it was hair at first and rubbed my finger along it to brush it off just to discover it was a crack.

Have any of you returned yours or gotten a refund? I wonder if they would just trade it out for a battle damaged-that way problems like this wouldnt be as noticeable...lol

Hi everyone, I'm also an owner of this bust and at first I thought that mine was in great condition. Only lately I happen to notice the paint on the base is starting to crack and I also noticed certain red areas on the armor have a different sort of rough finish rather then the smoother areas. Now I know how everyone feels about this bust and how much money they have spent for such a poor piece but I was wondering. Instead of sending it back or such is there anyway that we can might repair it somehow? I intend to do so since It's my favorite piece even though it's full of defects so am not sending it nor selling it.

Hi everyone, I'm also an owner of this bust and at first I thought that mine was in great condition. Only lately I happen to notice the paint on the base is starting to crack and I also noticed certain red areas on the armor have a different sort of rough finish rather then the smoother areas. Now I know how everyone feels about this bust and how much money they have spent for such a poor piece but I was wondering. Instead of sending it back or such is there anyway that we can might repair it somehow? I intend to do so since It's my favorite piece even though it's full of defects so am not sending it nor selling it.

It will cost you $600-$800 to get it repainted properly. Your better off just sending it back for a refund its not worth what you paid for it. I think asking $200 for that bust is pushing it. This bust is SS's all time failure, it will not appreciate in value over time ether. You will be able to pick up another one in the future for MUCH less $$$ im sure of it...then you can repaint that one.

Thats what I did.....

Chris

Back