Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next big reveal will be their virtual headset, Sony vs OR here we go.

That's what I'm most excited about at this point tbh. Sony has a serious challenge in front of them though. I don't know how they're going to get real VR on the PS4. It doesn't seem powerful enough to handle the bigger games. VR needs 60 fps, as high a res as possible and to do both in 3d. Pretty taxing stuff. They may find a way around that with games that simplify the experience or something. Less graphically demanding games. A ton of optimization might make it possible..not sure, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what they've come up with. Oculus has been making some great strides.

i finally got to play killzone because my friend got his ps4. im pretty undecided with the graphics. still dont care about next gen yet. waiting on metal gear and infamous i think.the lighting effects were pretty cool i guess. felt like the same game im playing on ps3 just the lighting and smoke was cooler. dunno, didnt really put me over the edge. call of duty ghosts looked like the ps3 too just smoother. dont see what the hype is all about, i can wait til april. dont care about xbox at all. voice commands are stupid, my other friend owns one and thinks its the best thing in the world. what an idiot. :dunno

When the PS3 got released it wasn't a Big leap from the PS2 in Graphical terms for the earlier released games, it Shined in later years

i guess it's the same case here, we gotta wait till the PS4 really shows what it can do

That's what I'm most excited about at this point tbh. Sony has a serious challenge in front of them though. I don't know how they're going to get real VR on the PS4. It doesn't seem powerful enough to handle the bigger games. VR needs 60 fps, as high a res as possible and to do both in 3d. Pretty taxing stuff. They may find a way around that with games that simplify the experience or something. Less graphically demanding games. A ton of optimization might make it possible..not sure, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what they've come up with. Oculus has been making some great strides.

While OR has decent amount of investment money behind it, SONY is a world stage kind of company, they probably see first being more important than best.

i finally got to play killzone because my friend got his ps4. im pretty undecided with the graphics. still dont care about next gen yet. waiting on metal gear and infamous i think.the lighting effects were pretty cool i guess. felt like the same game im playing on ps3 just the lighting and smoke was cooler. dunno, didnt really put me over the edge. call of duty ghosts looked like the ps3 too just smoother. dont see what the hype is all about, i can wait til april. dont care about xbox at all. voice commands are stupid, my other friend owns one and thinks its the best thing in the world. what an idiot. :dunno

Ha why does that make him an idiot? :lol

It's still only early days. Both consoles will get better & better in time. Things like playing BF4 with 64 players is a step in the right direction & the dedicated servers have made gaming online so much better. I do get were your coming from about the graphics but again that will change. Just watch the trailer for "the unit 1886"

When the PS3 got released it wasn't a Big leap from the PS2 in Graphical terms for the earlier released games, it Shined in later years

i guess it's the same case here, we gotta wait till the PS4 really shows what it can do

I personally felt the leap between the 2 and the 3 was pretty huge early on, but since the PS4 is easy to develop for, there won't be the same learning curve the PS2 and 3 had. We should see games taking full advantage right out the gate as long as they invest the development time.

While OR has decent amount of investment money behind it, SONY is a world stage kind of company, they probably see first being more important than best.

It depends on how much Sony decides to invest in it. Hopefully, they put all they've got into it. It wouldn't take much to botch a release and turn eevryone off to VR before it has a chance to get a foothold. Oculus has gotten a ton of backing recently (tens of millions) and their only goal is the make a vr headset, so they may yet be first to market. Oculus is trying to do it right though, so Sony may still beat them to retail. Whichever is first, I'll be there and I'll probably be there for second, third and fourth as well. I have a OR dev kit and if nothing else, it's proven to me that VR is legit and going to change things in ways most people can't imagine. VR is here to stay this time.

I agree, VR is the real deal this time, cumbersome head gear or not.

Its the natural progession for 3D.

But for gaming though, I don't see movies in a movie theater yet going this route, not one person will want to be visually closed off from the outside world or their kids with these helmets, including me.

I would definately do it at home though for games and movies, but again, the wife would have to be watching the kid for me to cut myself off from the world.

Imagine the college pranks with these. :lol

Yeah, I understand what you're saying about theaters. You'll be able to have very convincing theater experiences at home eventually and do it socially with other people sharing a virtual space in a simulated theater, but you'd definitely be closed off from the outside world.

Playing Tomb Raider and know and feeling and seeing 1080P and 60 fps, to me is a pretty damn good leap over the PS3. It's like the smears on my glasses were cleaned. A year ago on my PC I wasn't even getting that kind of framerate with all the bells and whistles on. So I'm impressed with what the PS4 did with the game, this early on.
And it's still early. Again, give it time. They will push more power later on.

Playing Tomb Raider and know and feeling and seeing 1080P and 60 fps, to me is a pretty damn good leap over the PS3. It's like the smears on my glasses were cleaned. A year ago on my PC I wasn't even getting that kind of framerate with all the bells and whistles on. So I'm impressed with what the PS4 did with the game, this early on.
And it's still early. Again, give it time. They will push more power later on.
Repurchased Tomb Raider for PS4 last week when Amazon had it on sale for $39.99, and I too have been really impressed with the visual improvements over last-generation (in my case xbox 360). The crisp 1080p resolution and higher-quality textures, along with added environmental effects, make a big difference if you're not sitting too far away from your HDTV to appreciate them. Barbed wire and ropes actually look like barbed wire and ropes now, instead of jaggy messes of pixels.

As for 60fps, thats not something I expect is going to last. These last-gen ports run at 1080p/60fps, but as the visuals start to become real next-generation material I'm sure we'll see that drop to 30fps (i.e. The Order:1886, Watch Dogs). This to me is the reason it's all the more important that the PS4 has the extra horsepower over the xbox one; when the next-gen graphics really start to push these systems, xbox One's going to be struggling just to do 720p/30fps while PS4 should be humming along at 1080p still.

@ ragingbull: hahahaha cause who the hell wants an xbox to say "hi Jason!!!" or saying "xbox on" makes you look like a commander of none. just a gimmik thats just plain unnecessary. i like grabbing my controller, hitting the ps button, and everything turns on and goes to the right input. that was an awesome feature. hdmi control is where its at, not shouting commands at your tv like an "idiot". :rotfl i hate talking to people as it is, why do i want to talk to something that has minimal commands?

Playing STRIDER now on PS4. AWESOME little game. Classic arcade/nes platform action, bosses, collectibles, etc. Awesome game, for 15 bucks.

And also got RAYMAN LEGENDS as well.

I'm having a blast with my PS4. I love popping in and out of the game instantly to send a message, voice chat with a buddy, send a screenshot, helping each other in the games etc.
Really enjoying the experience so far.

Playing STRIDER now on PS4. AWESOME little game. Classic arcade/nes platform action, bosses, collectibles, etc. Awesome game, for 15 bucks.

And also got RAYMAN LEGENDS as well.

I'm having a blast with my PS4. I love popping in and out of the game instantly to send a message, voice chat with a buddy, send a screenshot, helping each other in the games etc.
Really enjoying the experience so far.

Rayman Legends rocks!

What a great platform game. :rock

I finally scored a ps4 got up at 7 am checked now in stock .com to see if any websites had it and Iwas able to get one from target with the extra controller and just got the emeail it has shipped also preored infamous second son today too march is going to be busy as hell I also got titan fall for xbox one coming now ps4 with infamous second son. Im def getting metal gear for ps4 if games are going to run in 1080p on ps4 if there multiplay i will buy on ps4 instead of xbox one . Its great to have both systems for both of there exclusives.

I finally scored a ps4 got up at 7 am checked now in stock .com to see if any websites had it and Iwas able to get one from target with the extra controller and just got the emeail it has shipped also preored infamous second son today too march is going to be busy as hell I also got titan fall for xbox one coming now ps4 with infamous second son. Im def getting metal gear for ps4 if games are going to run in 1080p on ps4 if there multiplay i will buy on ps4 instead of xbox one . Its great to have both systems for both of there exclusives.

Exactly why I bought both :duff

I'm definitely buying MGS for the Ps4. Basically which ever consoles offers me the best incentive to the game I want then I go with that one. I bought COD & BF for the Xbox because of they get early DLC. MGS because of the same reason as you. I like to play FPS on the Xbox because of the controller but picking up Destiny for the Ps4 because Sony managed to secure the beta as an exclusive & that's a game I can't wait to play.

Back