Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
went into best buy and my heart dropped when i saw 4 of them sitting there...they were all empty boxes for display though, lol

what a mean trick

I got to play a ps4 today!(I'm in the uk)

I've gotta say the controller fits perfectly into your hand! Wow

Unfortunately I had no time and got to play knack for a minute. It was quite underwhelming gameplay wise and graphically, but I only got to play for 5min

Is anyone else getting an agonizingly slow download speed? Ive been trying to dl Resogun for a couple days not and the etas ive been given are a joke.

SONY RESPONDS TO PS4 HARDWARE ISSUES

“There have been various issues reported to date, but the overall number of returns is extremely small.”

BY: ANDREW GOLDFARB
NOVEMBER 19, 2013

Sony has responded to reports of various issues with PlayStation 4 hardware. Speaking to IGN, a Sony representative provided the following statement:

“There have been several issues reported, which leads us to believe there isn’t a singular problem that could impact a broader percentage of PS4 units. We also understand that some units were reportedly damaged during shipping. The number of affected PS4 systems is less than 1%, which represents a very small percentage of total units shipped to date and is within the expected range for a new product introduction. We understand the frustration of consumers that have had a problem and are working with them and our retail partners to help troubleshoot issues and ensure affected units are exchanged.”

In addition, Sony put to rest the idea that hardware troubles are becoming widespread. Despite some complaints in Amazon customer reviews, Sony tells us that “there have been various issues reported to date, but the overall number of returns is extremely small.”
Sony also responded to “rumors online stating that PlayStation customer service is informing people that it will take 6 weeks to get a replacement unit,” explaining to IGN that, “Those rumors are false. Our customer support team is exchanging units with new replacements immediately and with expedited shipping.”

Our customer support team is exchanging units with new replacements immediately and with expedited shipping.

There have been at least one million PlayStation 4s sold in North America to date, meaning up to 10,000 units could be affected by hardware issues, or more if Sony's sales have continued to climb since launch. PlayStation 4 won't launch in Europe or Australia until later this month, and will launch in Japan in February 2014.

Reports of problems with PlayStation 4 hardware began to emerge just prior to launch, the most notable being a “blinking blue light” issue that seems to be tied to faulty HDMI ports. Other issues include a blinking red power light related to overheating.

On Sunday, Sony posted a troubleshooting guide for users suffering from the blinking blue light issue, advising that customers post in its support forums for help, or call customer service at 1-800-345-SONY (1-800-345-7669).

Are you having any problems with your PlayStation 4? Let us know in the comments, or contact us directly. For a list of known issues so far -- plus some potential solutions -- check out our PlayStation 4 wiki.

Is anyone else getting an agonizingly slow download speed? Ive been trying to dl Resogun for a couple days not and the etas ive been given are a joke.

I've not. I have seen a huge improvement over the PS3 in this area. Downloaded Resogun all my game updates and Contrast. :rock

So how much of a game needs to be downloaded before you can start playing.
That's the coolest feature of next gen for me

So how much of a game needs to be downloaded before you can start playing.
That's the coolest feature of next gen for me

It's not much. Although some of the features won't be available until they are fully downloaded on some games.

For example I put in NBA2k14. While it was downloading there was no commentary and I could only pick one game mode (quick match). While I was playing the game it just played music instead of having announcers call the game.

SONY RESPONDS TO PS4 HARDWARE ISSUES

...Despite some complaints in Amazon customer reviews...

I find it interesting that out of the current 3083 ratings (3.9 avg), 753 or almost 25% of them were one star. I also find it interesting that amazon lets you rate a product without an account or having actually bought the item. :lol

I find it interesting that out of the current 3083 ratings (3.9 avg), 753 or almost 25% of them were one star. I also find it interesting that amazon lets you rate a product without an account or having actually bought the item. :lol

I actually find reviews on places like Amazon as good as useless. You'll get one reviewer saying it's the most amazing thing ever & then the next reviewer saying it's the ****tiest thing there ever bought. There always one extreme to the other.

When you buy a Ps4 you shouldn't need to look at reviews to know what your getting.

these are making for some great reading.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Edition/product-reviews/B00BGA9WK2/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending[/ame]

Back