Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is :D

2ytarage.jpg

I've got no games for it though :(

If you have Plus, you've got a few games. Take Resogun for a spin. It's fantastic.

Essentially, Sony is telling me--along with an unknown number of other PSN users--that something fishy has happened with my account.

Sure enough, I tried to login to my PSN account this morning and was told to reset my password. I'm pretty sure I know exactly what this is now...

Last weekend, I got a message in my Inbox from 'PLAYSTATI0NAWARD' telling me that because I was such a loyal PSN user, they were giving me a $20 credit to the PSN but I had to go to a specific address to collect it.
Now, I've received PSN credit before, usually during "spend $50, get $10 back" sales but the message came from 'PSN' and included a 12-character redemption code. Having to go to a different web address altogether is a huge red flag.
For %$#@s and giggles, I put the address into my iPad to see what came up and the home screen was an amazing copy of the Sony Entertainment Network login screen.

I deleted the message (on both the PS3 and PS4) and thought nothing more of it until this morning when my password was no longer valid and saw the posts here.
I'm sure, however, there were tons of people who easily got fooled by this because, as George Carlin once said, "take a moment to consider how dumb the average person is and then realize that half the population is dumber than that".

This wasn't about any "hack"; this was about "phishing".
I wouldn't be surprised if Sony went through their logs and proactively locked down the accounts of anyone who'd gotten that message.

noobie question

can i get a PS PLUS subscribtion from PSN itself if i have credit in my PSN account?

If you have Plus, you've got a few games. Take Resogun for a spin. It's fantastic.

I'm going to sort out my Plus membership tomorrow. I just scanned Ghosts on the Game app & there giving £35 store credit for it & I've currently got £20 credit so I'm going to buy Killzone & get my Plus subscription. I don't want to put my card details on to the PS network.

You were right about COD though. I couldn't be bothered with it in the end :lol

Hopefully Treyarch will do a better job next time

I thought the COD single player was fun but that's it. I haven't like the MP in a while. Got it when Target had buy 2 get 1 free deal now I am going to trade it in and it will have cost me pretty much nothing

I thought the COD single player was fun but that's it. I haven't like the MP in a while. Got it when Target had buy 2 get 1 free deal now I am going to trade it in and it will have cost me pretty much nothing

Yeah it sucks unfortunately. I tried so hard to like it but mp is poor unfortunately & that's coming from someone who has loved every COD since MW1 & bought all the DLC since MW1. Oh well, I tried

I should of listened to snappahead but I was in-denial :lol

How come were not getting any buy 2 get 1 free deals here in the UK :dunno

I've not really done much with my Ps4 gaming wise but I really like the new duel shock controller. It was the 1st time I held one today & it's so much better than the PS3 controller. There's a big improvement on the triggers & the analog sticks feel great. I just need a game to play now :lol

I've not really done much with my Ps4 gaming wise but I really like the new duel shock controller. It was the 1st time I held one today & it's so much better than the PS3 controller. There's a big improvement on the triggers & the analog sticks feel great. I just need a game to play now :lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

So no one else is bothered by the lack of 3D blu, CD or even 3D games on the PS4? I guess it could be all fixed with updates, but it feels strange to have a shiny new machine that can do less than my old shiny new machine. Graphics are nice obviously, love the controller, couldn't give a rats arse about the social media aspect.

The most impressive thing I've seen so far is my young son destroying our living room trying to hit those damn stupid robots.

So no one else is bothered by the lack of 3D blu, CD or even 3D games on the PS4? I guess it could be all fixed with updates, but it feels strange to have a shiny new machine that can do less than my old shiny new machine. Graphics are nice obviously, love the controller, couldn't give a rats arse about the social media aspect.

The most impressive thing I've seen so far is my young son destroying our living room trying to hit those damn stupid robots.

Me? no it doesnt bother me. I use my PS3 for all of the things you mentioned at the moment. Updates will eventually come and Ill transition over. 3D is neat but I dont use it really much at all,waiting for Autoscopic 3D to take over tho! Years away,I know:(. Main thing I have beef with is the lack of games at this point. but next year has some goodies in store for us so in the mean time Im cleaning up my PS3 backlog.

Yeah the 3d doesnt make sense since it worked on the PS3 but not on the newer system.

CDs?

3d games were crappy IMO. They actually made it harder to play

Yeah the 3d doesnt make sense since it worked on the PS3 but not on the newer system.

CDs?

3d games were crappy IMO. They actually made it harder to play

I remember playing COD in 3D. I think it was Black Ops & my 1st impressions were wow, it looked great but then I started to run around & I felt like I was going to puke & so I never did that again :lol

People still watch things in 3D?
Damn! That lasted longer than I thought.

Yeah I still watch movies in 3D. I don't do it often though, just a movie I think would look cool in that format. Avengers was the last movie I watched in 3D :)

People still watch things in 3D?
Damn! That lasted longer than I thought.

I actually love 3D. Unfortunately there's not enough -decent- content.

Avatar, Prometheus, Avengers and 3d animated flicks look gorgeous in 3d. Aswell as some games like wipeout.

How long before ps4 gets more functionality, who knows?

They're still making a crap tone of 3d movies though, unfortunately there not done that well or don't have the visuals to truly benefit from 3d

Back