Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last new game I'll get for the 360 is the new Batman game. Once, I'm done with it I'll trade it in towards something on the PS4. I'm gonna have enough games on this to keep me busy for a while. BF4, Ghosts, Killzone, AC4, and Lego Marvel. Plus I still have The Order coming when its ready. :lol

I hear you Josh. I think I have Battlefield, Killzone, Ghosts, and Knack pre-ordered.

I want Assassins Creed but I still haven't finished the last one with Ezio. I think it's still in the wrapper. :lol

I hear you Josh. I think I have Battlefield, Killzone, Ghosts, and Knack pre-ordered.

I want Assassins Creed but I still haven't finished the last one with Ezio. I think it's still in the wrapper. :lol

Nice! Well you should be able to jump into most of those with us then. I expect you to anyways.

I didn't even finish the last one set in the American Revolution. It just had too many side missions for me and I got bored.

Nice! Well you should be able to jump into most of those with us then. I expect you to anyways.

I didn't even finish the last one set in the American Revolution. It just had too many side missions for me and I got bored.

Is black flag an entirely new story?

Yeah I certainly will. Can't wait to play a little online. It's hard to find the time but I will make a point to try harder to get on with you guys.

Not getting a PS4 ATM, but I might pick up a controller for the ps3.

Cancelled my pre-order this past weekend. I can wait. But I probably should have kept it and flipped it. :cuckoo:

I was thinking about doing that with my 4 PO. But have you seen the ones that end in a high price? 0 feedback buyers. Definite risk. So I just ended up canceling mine.

the PS4 controller isn't designed to work with the PS3, only some things work, and only if you have it plugged in with the cable

Yup, knew that. I am usually plugged in as well. But these new gen ds3controllers are really cheaply made. At least the DS4 is better quality.

Is black flag an entirely new story?

Yeah I certainly will. Can't wait to play a little online. It's hard to find the time but I will make a point to try harder to get on with you guys.

I believe it is. Totally new characters from what I understand.

Cool! You got a family so when you got time is great. The more the better for us as a group.

If you want to play a PS3 game on the PS4.

That's one.

Atleast backwards compatibility.

I thought you were talking about consoles in general, which wouldn't make sense.

Possibly one reason they don't want backwards compatibility is that those old consoles are still selling, if the PS4 could play PS3 games probably a lot of people would sell their old PS3's which would make it lose value. I guess they figure that they can still sell enough PS4's and PS3's at the same time without having backwards compatibility.

Oh no, not like X-Box and Playstation console compatibility. :lol

But yeah, I agree that that is probably the reason. I had the original PS3 80GB when it first came out. I LOVED that it played PS2 and PS1, that way I could play my whole library of games along with the new PS3 titles. Then, like all consoles, it broke and my warranty called for a new one. By that time, the PS3 80GB was obsolete, and the "better" version didn't have backwards compatibility. To this day, I don't understand that reasoning. This PS4 is so big, they could literally put a PS1 inside of it and make it so you could play those older titles as well.

That's my biggest peeve with these things. Sony users with a library of decades old titles shouldn't have to rebuy games online or brand new consoles of an older version. It just doesn't make sense. True, you can just pull out the older system, but wear and tear happens and they don't last forever. Not to mention it's a pain to go in a cabinet or something and pull that sucker out, swap out cords and plug it in, just to play a single game.

Oh no, not like X-Box and Playstation console compatibility. :lol

But yeah, I agree that that is probably the reason. I had the original PS3 80GB when it first came out. I LOVED that it played PS2 and PS1, that way I could play my whole library of games along with the new PS3 titles. Then, like all consoles, it broke and my warranty called for a new one. By that time, the PS3 80GB was obsolete, and the "better" version didn't have backwards compatibility. To this day, I don't understand that reasoning. This PS4 is so big, they could literally put a PS1 inside of it and make it so you could play those older titles as well.

That's my biggest peeve with these things. Sony users with a library of decades old titles shouldn't have to rebuy games online or brand new consoles of an older version. It just doesn't make sense. True, you can just pull out the older system, but wear and tear happens and they don't last forever. Not to mention it's a pain to go in a cabinet or something and pull that sucker out, swap out cords and plug it in, just to play a single game.

The first PS3's actually had a PS2 chip inside it, so it made sense that they removed it to save money (didn't help consumers but whatever). But then on the 80GB release they had added emulation of the PS2 which is just a software change and not any addition hardware, something they could have easily added without any extra cost to all the rest of the PS3's. I never got why they removed it from later models.

I'm hoping at least we could get some PS3 games in the digital store, or maybe they could do like the Xbox 360 where it's got specific games that are supported.

i think it's a cool idea to make a degital "Classic Library" of games that's been successful on all PS platforms (PS1,PS2,PS3)

Back