Play Arts Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker action figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gosh I might have a bootleg AC Cloud. The figure looks great but his stand was wonky, I mean the part that goes around his waist didn't conform to his body like the rest of them do. I thought that odd but I don't use their stands so I didn't care much. Oh well. Like I said the figure still looks good. And his sword is not "rubbery."

I thought it might be hard to bootleg these guys because of the detail but then I guess bootleggers just improve their manufacturing to keep up with the submarket.

Gosh I might have a bootleg AC Cloud. The figure looks great but his stand was wonky, I mean the part that goes around his waist didn't conform to his body like the rest of them do. I thought that odd but I don't use their stands so I didn't care much. Oh well. Like I said the figure still looks good. And his sword is not "rubbery."

I thought it might be hard to bootleg these guys because of the detail but then I guess bootleggers just improve their manufacturing to keep up with the submarket.

For us to say that bootleggers are "good" at what they do is a severe understatement. They're near-perfect, so much so, that most of the time, you won't be able to tell a fake from a legit item :( :slap. I guess that the bootleggers probably have some guys on the inside, working for Square-Enix, who leak schematics out to the submarket when they become available.

Never bought dupicates of figures for a while, but just picked up a 2nd Snake locally. Wanted to keep 1 MISB, he just looks too baddass. Will probably do the same with the DMC figures.

Everyone, just a heads up. Be very careful with your Snake fig, I was re-posing him today and his elbow "pad" just came off. I was able to get it situated in the groove again, but it will never be perfect again. BE CAREFUL!

Hey, thanks for the heads up, bro! I will be extra careful when I unbox mine, but mine won't arrive until October 2010! :slap
By the way, did you have to glue it or it locked in place?

Still hunting for a Zero version - a not-so-highly-priced one. Maybe one in the US$80 range would do. :gah:

Everyone, just a heads up. Be very careful with your Snake fig, I was re-posing him today and his elbow "pad" just came off. I was able to get it situated in the groove again, but it will never be perfect again. BE CAREFUL!

Got mine! This is so much better than my Medi Old Snake.
DSC02246.jpg

DSC02254.jpg

DSC02260.jpg

DSC02264.jpg

I've decided to sell my Play Arts Kai Sneaking Suit Snake - it's mint loose complete - I'm asking $32 dlvd in the USA.

PM me if interested!

I just did a search on Sideshow, and found that they have the MGS Play Arts figures available for pre-order!! Strange, since I never knew that Sideshow carried products from Square Enix. Maybe Sideshow saw this thread!

It sold for US$450, but I wouldn't buy from a seller with a feedback rating of only 2. :dunno Still an amazing price for this signed Zero Edition.. Crazy!!!

I dunno. Thinking back, something about that auction just seems suspicious, as I've never seen a signed Version Zero figure pass the $200 mark. Maybe the seller was shill bidding...

Last edited:
got this guy yesterday (thanks CH!)...1st impression...pretty much one of the greatest action figures ever. he is a lot heavier and more solid than i was expecting. the poseability is just crazy. awesome, awesome figure. don't regret selling my medicom snakes at all. i'll definitely be getting the fatigues version as well. i can't wait for the halo reach figures.

Congrats, angry orc.. I can't wait to get mine, missed the 1st pre-order batch so mine won't arrive 'til next month. Grrr! :gah:

Back