Picture of the exclusive mynock...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVILFACE said:
BUT the exclusive is only at Sideshow. You can get the regular version cheaper from other online toy shops, but you can't get the exclusive cheaper.

But me, I buy both from SS and make sure they get all my $$$$ so I can see more great stuff by them.

Vote with your pocketbook. That is a great approach... I wish I could afford it. :sick

Recently, a lot of my Sideshow product buying has been from close out sales. Getting as many Apes as I can and the Buffy back catalog (I recently got The Master for under $10 shipped) I need all the help I can get. :eek:

Last edited:
Yeah, it's going to be insane... I get off at 12:55 EST and live 15 minutes away from work so I am going to be hauling a$$ to get home!.... I am 3/4 on the SW exclusives and I don't want to miss another.

And although I missed Kit Fisto on account of my own indicision.... I wasn't sure, so I did not place the order... yeah... stupid... :banghead I am going to get this one no matter what!

I have DSL, thank God.... So I will be there with the rest of you... hopefully we beat the scalpers and come out with our Mynocks!! :joy

If we miss it, at least we know the waiting list is there for us...

I am really excited about getting the Mynock but now that everyone will be trying for one I wish the exclusive was a little less cool. Good luck to everyone and remember to get on that waitlist fast if you fail.

Wor-Gar said:
Guess what...

View attachment 544

Quote from Blog:

This is one of the rare instances where the exclusive version will cost more than the regular version, because of the sheer size (and magnetic power!) of the mynock.
There ya go. Get a little less, pay a little less.

I agree that all Freaks should have a 30 minute window for a pre-pre order!:naughty

Hopefully the higher price might defer some who really didn't want the Mynock (yeah right) but wanted a bounus FREE accessory. I don't mind paying more. I just want a "complete" figure. Are those ALL of Han's accesssories? If so, that seem really light compared to the rest. The mynock would have made up for them though.

I like the mynock but from what I can see he looks kind of....cheap.:confused:

Couldn't they have done the transparent wings with the veins in it?
Even Hasbro pulled that off on one a 3rd of the size.

Especially since we're having to pay extra for it.

Is this the first time SS has actually charged extra for the exclusive?

That's kind of worrisome don't you think?

Not much to this new podcast really. No news anyway. No coupons either.

Is the mynock worth $54.99 as opposed to $49.99? For the completist - YES.

Wor-Gar said:
Not much to this new podcast really. No news anyway. No coupons either.

Is the mynock worth $54.99 as opposed to $49.99? For the completist - YES.

But is that setting up a $10 price increase on say, Jango's helmet with Mace?

It's just a piece of unpainted rubber with a magnet. They can't cost that much...:rolleyes:

Poggle the Greater said:
But is that setting up a $10 price increase on say, Jango's helmet with Mace?

It's just a piece of unpainted rubber with a magnet. They can't cost that much...:rolleyes:

Then don't get it!

Buttmunch said:
Then don't get it!

Lighten up Francis!:D

Jeez, you guys are freaks.

Say one thing even remotely critical thing about SS and you get met with rudeness.:rolleyes:

I think I have a very valid point with my concerns and if you can't say anything constructive back then maybe you shouldn't say anything at all.

Voicing opinion creates change.

Than again, maybe you'd have been totally satisfied with a blue eyed Han....

If regular Han doesn't come with anything but the oxygen mask and blaster, then I think the price difference is OK. The other figures had a lot of additional accesories, and the exclusive was a smaller item. Han doesn't have much else, and those who miss out on the mynock will get a little bit of comfort in the form of a reduced price. Regular Han will be the least accessorized figure yet.

In the past it has been the norm rather than the exception for exclusives to cost more.

All opinions are welcome - but some are more welcome than others...

I've gotten spoiled by the last 4 with free exclusives. But Dave's right -- the other exclusives I've gotten in other lines have all cost a bit more. "Thunderball Bond" cost more and all it had was a little, tiny breather thing.

Maybe if they started charging for the exclusives it would free up the servers a little more on Fridays.

I have no problem what-so-ever paying a few bucks more. The mynock is a very cool exclusive. Considering how much I spend on collecting over-all, five to ten dollars is a drop in the bucket. But that's just me.

Darklord Dave said:
In the past it has been the norm rather than the exception for exclusives to cost more.

All opinions are welcome - but some are more welcome than others...

So are you saying that any opinion that negatively reflects SS is not as welcome here?

So are you saying that any opinion that negatively reflects SS is not as welcome here?

It was a joke, son...:peace

You have presented your negative opinions clearly and without over the top, illogical or emotional statements and that IS appreciated here. Any opinion is welcome, but if we think you're wrong we'll say so and you are welcome to do the same.

Back