PF Frodo Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlcmsu said:
Choopie is female actually.

I'm guessing she means by costume that deserves to be done in PF or other characters outside the Fellowship. Which either way doesn't make sense since despite being simple in some ways the Fellowship had cool costumes and they where also a tad bit important to the story.

It makes perfect sense IMO. It's all based on taste so to some the Fellowship's costumes may be cool an dynamic, but to others a little plain when compared to the Orcs.

KitFisto said:
It makes perfect sense IMO. It's all based on taste so to some the Fellowship's costumes may be cool an dynamic, but to others a little plain when compared to the Orcs.

Of course taste is involved. They're maybe a little plainer than the Orcs, Uruks, etc. but no less worthy of being made. Then again I go to how important to the story.

jlcmsu said:
Of course taste is involved. They're maybe a little plainer than the Orcs, Uruks, etc. but no less worthy of being made. Then again I go to how important to the story.

If you're judging by story I agree. I just think the poster who said he wanted something more worthy of PF treatment was talking about looks and costume design rather than the story.

Frodo should arrive by Wednesday, but the pics that have started to show up look great. I think that this is the nicest Frodo likenesses yet, and while the hair could be a little bushier, and the mouth interior could have used a little definition, the pictures so far have me really stoked. After selling all of my SSW collection, I am looking forward to rebuilding the Fellowship!

KitFisto said:
If you're judging by story I agree. I just think the poster who said he wanted something more worthy of PF treatment was talking about looks and costume design rather than the story.

Could be. Either way I was just bringing it up for discussion. That's all. :)

I think that the pose for Frodo is quite appropriate. Frodo was a young hobbit who was burdened with an impossible task, and faced several trials beyond his size. I like that Sideshow chose a pose for this PF that reflects the mix of bravery and apprehension that all of the hobbits seemed to share. I think it reflects well on the personality of the character, much in the way the SSW pieces did, with Sam looking a little more introspective and wistful with Bill, Merry looking cheeky with stolen crops, and okay, well my argument runs out of steam with the Pippen statue.
Frodo has his sword out, ready to fight, but he is certainly afraid of what he has to face, and this is perfect for me (especially since he'll be next to Lurtz for a while, he should look scared!) Aragorn can have a brave, fighting man PF, but this pose works well for Frodo IMO.

Nothing against the character or it's importance, it is just of my opinion that there are plenty of other characters in the LOTR universe that are more suited for the PF treatment than Frodo. I'd like to see Sideshow explore those rather than rehashing characters that we already have and will most likely see in other lines as well.

choopie said:
Nothing against the character or it's importance, it is just of my opinion that there are plenty of other characters in the LOTR universe that are more suited for the PF treatment than Frodo. I'd like to see Sideshow explore those rather than rehashing characters that we already have and will most likely see in other lines as well.

Alright, I get that but no LOTR line makes any sense without the Fellowship. They're kind of the point honestly and we've had tons of orcs, urks, and trolls done in the SSW line. It all balances out basically.

IMO this is a great piece. I take back everything nasty I have ever said about. I wish I got it! :monkey2

jlcmsu said:
Alright, I get that but no LOTR line makes any sense without the Fellowship. They're kind of the point honestly and we've had tons of orcs, urks, and trolls done in the SSW line. It all balances out basically.

There are plenty of characters in LOTR that one could argue are important enough to the story (books or movies) to be represented as a collectible. And Frodo certainly is at the top of the list of importance. But I'm not going by character, I'm thinking in terms of utilizing the mixed media format to the fullest extent that this line is intended to bring in any collectible line, including the LOTR universe. Frodo is just on the bottom of my list when it comes to exploring the full potential of PF.

choopie said:
There are plenty of characters in LOTR that one could argue are important enough to the story (books or movies) to be represented as a collectible. And Frodo certainly is at the top of the list of importance. But I'm not going by character, I'm thinking in terms of utilizing the mixed media format to the fullest extent that this line is intended to bring in any collectible line, including the LOTR universe. Frodo is just on the bottom of my list when it comes to exploring the full potential of PF.

Well, I agree there are costumes that will show off more what you can do than say Frodo. That's very true which is why I want to see Eomer next in the PF Line if not GTG (another simple costume I know). Still seeing the Fellowship done like this is equally as cool despite somewhat simple costumes and for me they are must do's none the less.

Eomer's costume in 1/4 scale would be astounding. I actually have high hopes for him. After Faramir being so sadly neglected in the SIdeshow/Weta lineup, they satisfied the demand by including him early in the 12" line. With Eomer, you have a character that didn't receive the treatment that he deserved (and that the fans requested) before the end of the SSW polystone line. Producing him as a PF would fill that void, but it would also give us an amazing costume. It would look so impressive as an armored figure that many people would buy it for the quality of the costume, even if Eomer might not be their favorite figure.

tomandshell said:
Eomer's costume in 1/4 scale would be astounding. I actually have high hopes for him. After Faramir being so sadly neglected in the SIdeshow/Weta lineup, they satisfied the demand by including him early in the 12" line. With Eomer, you have a character that didn't receive the treatment that he deserved (and that the fans requested) before the end of the SSW polystone line. Producing him as a PF would fill that void, but it would also give us an amazing costume. It would look so impressive as an armored figure that many people would buy it for the quality of the costume, even if Eomer might not be their favorite figure.

I agree. The costume alone would be worth getting him for. Though, I do like the character quite a lot.

The Fellowship is important, but I think we'd all be disappointed if the next 3 PFs were Sam, Merry and Pippin.

jlcmsu said:
Well said. Ironically, I have lately been thinking about selling my Lurtz PF, for that exact reason. As magnificent as the crafting is of the piece, his significance to the story is so small (to me) that I am not sure I can justify the amount of display space he takes up. I'd rather devote the space to the rest of the Fellowship, assuming they are ever made.

Darklord Dave said:
The Fellowship is important, but I think we'd all be disappointed if the next 3 PFs were Sam, Merry and Pippin.

With over a year between announcements, the next character better be a perfect sculpt and have some killer armor. I'd be pissed if it were a hobbit or a wizard. I'm hoping for Gimli or Boromir.

tomandshell said:
I'm sure having a hard time getting good pictures of this guy. The flash just kills it, but without the flash the pictures aren't in focus. Grrrr.....

frodo01zd4.jpg

frodo02wg4.jpg
frodo03eq8.jpg

I think these are the best pictures I have seen yet.

Back