PF Frodo Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well....he's finally here. This is my very first PF so it was quite an adventure for me. (I HAD Lurtz, but because of space issues, I gave him up...only opened him to make sure of no damage and closed it right up...didn't want to be tempted to keep.)

Anyway.....the clothes are wonderful! the faux suede is extremely pliable, as with all the materials used. Only "stiffness" was the cape, but it needs ome way to maintain its shape so choice of material was good. Can't get over the teeny-tiny buttons and buttonholes, etc. Such care! Again, care was taken in sewing....no odd threads hanging or obvious crooked seam work. Also can't get over the fact that they faced the surcoat and (at least the front) of the waistcoat...what marvelous detail! The RING on its teeny-tiny chain is alo a great thing. Sting and scabbard are well done -- LOVE the backpack. The base is a heavy sucker and I had some difficulty getting Frodo footholes to line up with the pegs, but with careful "oooching", managed it.

I've always maintained that the only thing "off" about Frodo's face was the lips....I've never doubted that the sculpt under the paint was solid. It just so happens that the person who painted my Frodo didn't keep the "Betty Boop" lips of the other examples I had seen. He/she went ahead and painted the upper lip as it should be and minimized the cupid bow; also, the lipline on the lower lip was not as full ....much more masculine. Overall.... I've NO regrets keeping my faith with Sideshow...again, they've stepped up to my expectations.

wOOt!!! :frodo

I have to say ditto on what Rumi said. Mine came out really well. I don't even see the lip issue that Rumi says but the inner part of the mouth is the part that bothers me.

I got #57.

Here's my shot. Despite the fact the lighting in the house isn't great the shot came out pretty well. This camera is earning its money for me. :lol

Edit: Deleted for the better pic below.

Last edited:
No offense. But, going on that picture, yours looks to be the worst one yet Josh. Some have looked real good, others, Ok. Some, nice.

Not one lazy eye. But two.

:slap

I hope mine doesn't look like that when it arrives tomorow.

Agent23 said:
No offense. But, going on that picture, yours looks to be the worst one yet Josh. Some have looked real good, others, Ok. Some, nice.

He just needs to turn that flash off too. :wave

Agent23 said:

Not one lazy eye. But two.

:slap

I hope mine doesn't look like that when it arrives tomorow.
Frodo got whacked on the head. No he can't see straight.

customizerwannabe said:
REPAINT.........

Not me. It looks fine when not blown up like that.

The camera took a great clear and well defind pic but being late the flash kind of played more of a roll than I wanted.

Messed with the lighting the room. Flash is still a little strong so to get a good non-flash gonna have to wait till tomorrow.

for some reason that little 1:9 scale (is it really? wouldn't 6 inch golum and frodo just be 1:6 since they're hobbits?) new line with frodo seems to have a better likeness but this one aint bad. the eyes look pretty good, the mouth area could've been a littl e less vague..

My Frodo:

Frodo001.jpg

endo1's:

frodopf9.JPG

LOTRFan's:

PremiumFormatFrodoBaggins044.jpg

tomandshell's:

frodo02wg4.jpg

I love this guy! I feel like only a few of us really know how great this statue is. Pure class and a wonderful LOTR collectible!

Looks great! Kev's picture look the best to me.
you guys better be right about this because I just won one on ebay. :D
Hopefully mine looks better than Josh's.. :lol jk

Back