PF Collectors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuitedJacks

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Does anyone have any of the palisades PF's/Statues?

I got the Cobra Commader yesterday off ebay. Looking forward to the SS lineup.

they were just statues, not mixed media like a pf. the same as a comiquette.

i have the palisades 1:1 snake eyes bust. I love that thing. I paid something like $65 shipped for it back in the day..one of the best purchases i made. I wonder what they sell for now.

The bust i have is life size.. Here is a link to one. I wish they made Storm Shadow, Destro and the rest. I would have bought them all. This was before GI Joe went on a rebirth with the 25th anniversary. Before that, there weren't many people still buying joe items. I army build so i feel like i never stop buying lol.

https://cgi.ebay.com/G-I-JOE-LIFE-S...-TOYS-NEW-/170473594022?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

I have Andy's AP Palisades Cobra Commander statue...he even signed the bottom of it.

I have Andy's AP Palisades Cobra Commander statue...he even signed the bottom of it.

nice. I loved Palisades products. I was bummed when they stopped producing. Muppets, Transformers, GI joe. They had a nice run.

That is pretty awesome!

yea i am so happy i bought that back then. There was a time a few years ago where you could pretty much get it for pennies on the dollar. I doubt its worth $300 but its gotta be worth more than $65 lol. In person it is a darker blue, it always reminded me of the comic snake eyes. If they made more i would have them all. I was very impressed when i opened the box. Its well made for sure.

Like i said earlier, b4 the 25th anniversary Gi joe items were so plentiful and cheap. I picked up a small tupperware of RAH Bats on ebay in about 03/04 for $40. Had to be 100 complete Bats. Try that now and you would be broke. I did make good money though when i sold off my RAH armies in 08. But the amount of bandwagon jumping that started really made me hate the 25th lol.

EDIT: for full disclosure, i really love the 25th anniversary line. I have 45 Para Vipers in my pile of loot thanks to the huge discount on BBTS.

I have The Snake Eyes bust and all the regular Cobras except for Serpentor. They drowned them in variants though, although Quarrel/Undercover Scarlett and Ninja Viper were cool. Each one is really well done as you'd expect from Palisades and a few of the busts and statues are actually sculpted by Andy Bergholtz so you know they're quality.

The mini-busts are quite nice. I've got a few of them, and need to get some more at some point.

I was never very impressed with the full body statues they produced, though. The Crimson Guard looked pretty good. Zartan looked pitiful.

Mini busts were awesome, THe Cobra Commander full size was great, I went through 3 of them to find a decent decal, but even now it is starting to peel :(

Hawk was pretty good, but he kinda looks like a generic military statue.

THe mini statues were good, but never liked the scale. They were in works for a Iron Grenadier Destro, which never happened, but I almost bought one of 4 prototypes but the seller was asking a couple hundred more than I was willing, wouldn't drop it.

I bet the seller was Corndog's Collectibles. He never seems to negotiate on prices for fixed auction listings. But every once in awhile he lists scores of stuff as low, no reserve auctions.

yep it was him, I think he was the president, such a good company too, lots of licenses I liked from them and quality stuff.

Back