Statue PCS Rambo license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at screen grabs again, the Rambo portrait leans a bit more to a caricature than dead-on photorealistic. Conan is as good as you will get on polystone.

I know what you mean, like the Lipton ads. I think snoop is right that the raw sculpt looks better.
2.jpg

It's probably the photography also that gives it a bit of a cartoon look as the colours really pop. Nathan's paint jobs are some of the best in the business.

Regardless, it does look a little off, but it still looks like Sly and it's still a really nice statue, and I'll be happy to own it.

I've preordered so not hating on the product, but let's not try to all tell ourselves that it must be the lighting, or the photography, or the paint or anything else that makes it a little cartoony :D

I think its the paint that's making the headsculpt appear off, the unpainted head looked spot-on.

Hard to say, we only got a few angles on the raw sculpt, never with the finished hair, first version or updated version, and only a portion of the body.

I think the exaggerated area around his lips that looks a bit too puffy for Rambo 2 Sly and more like Rambo 4 Sly is definitely a factor in the cartoony quality.

I don't think paint or photography are an issue. When I look at the statue, not trying to judge the Stallone likeness, I see a realistic looking human, the cartoony factor sets in when you start to judge the Stallone likeness and the overall proportions of the body. It feels like an exaggeration of Stallone, and I don't think any photo or paint would make it more lifelike looking.

Hard to say, we only got a few angles on the raw sculpt, never with the finished hair, first version or updated version, and only a portion of the body.

I think the exaggerated area around his lips that looks a bit too puffy for Rambo 2 Sly and more like Rambo 4 Sly is definitely a factor in the cartoony quality.

I don't think paint or photography are an issue. When I look at the statue, not trying to judge the Stallone likeness, I see a realistic looking human, the cartoony factor sets in when you start to judge the Stallone likeness and the overall proportions of the body. It feels like an exaggeration of Stallone, and I don't think any photo or paint would make it more lifelike looking.

Exactly, but since they have less than 30 left for PO a lot of collectors don't care and are purchasing an exaggerated Stallone/Rambo with totally wrong physique proportions, in the end, to each his own. I think the reason this is selling so well is the chances that you're going to get another Rambo 1/3 statue or anything Rambo made at this level is zero, so it's you get this or wait for something better that may never happen.

I decided not to po because I just don't like paying and waiting 2+ years, since this is going to sell out, whats anyone's guess on the prices sellers will be asking on the secondary market when it's in stock on ebay?

Here's my take on the success of this piece.

- It looks lifelike.
- It's a good pose to represent the character in an artful way, fitting for the size.
- It's massive.
- Rambo collectibles are few and far between and not up to this quality.
- This is the best, non-articulated Rambo collectible you could get for realism and likeness.

I may find aspects of the Sideshow PF better than this statue, but overall, it's definitely the best Rambo statue to date. I think a lot of high end collectors were turned away from the EB figure because it is a figure, and you lose some anatomical qualities because of articulation points, and I get that. I personally like variety, so the flexibility to change poses with a figure is more appealing than a pre-posed statue that all I can really do is maybe change the viewing angle on.

If Enterbay had been a statue instead, with the same accuracy to Stallone, I bet a lot of people scooping up the PCS would own it and question if they need the PCS in their collection.

I bet a lot of people buying this saw the HCG pieces and were let down, saw the Sideshow PF and were let down, and now see this piece and probably feel some sense of, what are the chances of anything better ever even being made since companies rarely make Rambo at all.

Yeah I just feel like when I look at picures of the raw sculpt, it genuinely looks more like Stallone than the painted version. This is one of the statues that will have such a precense in person that a lot of the flaws will be easily overlooked or barely noticeable.

Of course, like I've said before, half the time I forget just how big this piece is because photos don't really sell the size and I'm so used to 1/4 scale that I just think of it as 1/4 scale, I need to pull my Legendary bust out of storage and remind myself how big 1/3 is.

What's it doing in storage? I always thought that piece had a pretty good Stallone likeness, even if a bit "sad" looking.

What's it doing in storage? I always thought that piece had a pretty good Stallone likeness, even if a bit "sad" looking.

Limited space, until I get a house with a dedicated place for all my collectibles, I have to put things on a rotation basis. Right now the only Rambo pieces I have out are my 1/6 HCG statue and my 1/4 Enterbay figure, my PF and HCG 1/4 are also in storage at the moment. My collection is a bit skewed in scales, it's mainly 7" scale figures from NECA or 1/4 scale pieces from other companies, Hulk is 1/6 from Hot Toys but the size of 1/4 scale figures :lol

Oh okay. Yeah my collection is all over the place too. I've got mostly 1/6 figures, a few 1/4, a couple 1/2 pieces, and a quite a few NECA figures. Adding this piece is going to add to the chaos.

In the past 12 months, I added Enterbay T-800 and HT Hulk to my collection, money and size those were a big deal. At a lower price and time to save, I'd have probably jumped at this piece, but I'm in the middle of a divorce and trying to get a new apartment and $900 could go a long way elsewhere. Maybe if this is around in the future and I have the ability to get it I will.

Sorry to hear that bro. This is still a long ways out, I'm sure there will be other opportunities to pick this up. Two years is along time to wait so I'm isure there will be cancellations and what not.

Thanks, and yeah, I'm not thinking I could never have this at the moment, just can't even try right now.

Thankfully my new girlfriend supports my hobby so I'm slowly filling in gaps from my collection or replacing things I may have had to sell of in the past that I really didn't want to.

Thanks, and yeah, I'm not thinking I could never have this at the moment, just can't even try right now.

Thankfully my new girlfriend supports my hobby so I'm slowly filling in gaps from my collection or replacing things I may have had to sell of in the past that I really didn't want to.

Well it's nice to hear you've acquired better female collectibles at least :)

I did the payment plan. Since everything is through PayPal, I was wondering does PCS email you when the next payment is due?

Cancelled and deposit refunded. (For Conan as well)
I just looked at myself and realized I was paying over A$3000 for two polystone statues. WTF is wrong with me ? :horror :D
Affordability for me is not an issue, relative worth is though.

When I got into this a 1/4 statue was $250 and $50 shipping.
I remember when the SS Arnie Conan was a controversy at $325....and a few years later the REH Conan Rage caused people to lose it at $460.
I just received ARH's Tarzan and love it .... but I think that might be my last statue.

I think I'm done with this hobby.

Back