Statue PCS: Halloween - Michael Myers 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got an email from sideshow. He will be arriving in the warehouse in about 5 days and we will be billed on Friday Feb 26.

I feel like if they were proud of the way this turned out they wouldn't show a reveal with a bag on his head. Anyone see how he really turned out? I hope it looks great and am hoping this is a home run... PCS doesn't usually drop the ball and the 1/3 is great so am hoping this is similar.

There have apparently been in-hand photos of this since Feb 3rd at Tang brothers Market Collectibles on Facebook. Looks like bad lighting and weird lens distortion to me so pictures are not great but the first pics of a new release never are.

Screenshot (686).jpg

I feel like if they were proud of the way this turned out they wouldn't show a reveal with a bag on his head. Anyone see how he really turned out? I hope it looks great and am hoping this is a home run... PCS doesn't usually drop the ball and the 1/3 is great so am hoping this is similar.

Will be my first PCS piece so I hope I'm not disappointed. It's a fairly basic statue that should be reasonably simple to have match the prototype.

There have apparently been in-hand photos of this since Feb 3rd at Tang brothers Market Collectibles on Facebook. Looks like bad lighting and weird lens distortion to me so pictures are not great but the first pics of a new release never are.

View attachment 506798

Man, w/o the EX pieces, this statue is boring AF. They didn't get a EX? There's a couple thousand of them sooo.....

And is there some unwritten collecting rule that I haven't been clued in on that the first pics out of a piece have the be the crappiest possible? They didn't even fix the hair for god sakes.

View attachment 506798

Thanks for posting these. Those photos are making me a little nervous but you're right, bad lighting and angles can make any statue look not so great. I guess I'll wait to see Sideshow's updated pics and hopefully this will be a home run. The base pics are still a distraction imo

View attachment 506798

If it turned out this way, this is going right back to side show! I have the 1/3rd and it is perfect, this looks far from that so far. WTF is all I have to say!!!!!

IMG_4089.jpg
IMG_4090.jpg

Omg this is like night and day to the PCS 1/3rd! This does not look good and I am so stoked I have the 1/3rd now. Even the pics of the base look terrible. I can post those too if you like. But it looks bad.

FMRB4595.jpg

Wow we have a big problem. If anyone thinks this is acceptable then, they need help. If this is what I get its going right back. The face is to lean, the hair looks black. The eyes look off. Wow, Im seeing that they dropped the ball. God I hope this is a side show joke. But why should I be surprised. All those waiting for the definitive myers piece, your **** out of luck. Which makes the 1/3rd more desirable or sought after.

View attachment 506915

Wow we have a big problem. If anyone thinks this is acceptable then, they need help. If this is what I get its going right back. The face is to lean, the hair looks black. The eyes look off. Wow, Im seeing that they dropped the ball. God I hope this is a side show joke. But why should I be surprised. All those waiting for the definitive myers piece, your **** out of luck. Which makes the 1/3rd more desirable or sought after.

I agree. If that's what we're getting, it's a pass. And the new PCS team was like "We strive to make our in-hand product as good or better than Prototype." LMAO. I'll wait to see in hand Sideshow pics, but hey, I save $575 USD plus shipping if this is what they're releasing, so no biggie. We have to speak with our wallets for companies to learn that they can't get away with bait and switch. What happened to his hair? Did they chop it all off? Also, the pics on the base are painted extremely poorly compared to proto. And the arrogance of them to make 4000 of these. Why not just make 1000 or 1500 as good as the proto and satisfy your customer base? Oh well, I saved money on not buying this so far...

I can understand differences in paint app from proto to production, but... this looks like a different sculpt!

I agree. If that's what we're getting, it's a pass. And the new PCS team was like "We strive to make our in-hand product as good or better than Prototype." LMAO. I'll wait to see in hand Sideshow pics, but hey, I save $575 USD plus shipping if this is what they're releasing, so no biggie. We have to speak with our wallets for companies to learn that they can't get away with bait and switch. What happened to his hair? Did they chop it all off? Also, the pics on the base are painted extremely poorly compared to proto. And the arrogance of them to make 4000 of these. Why not just make 1000 or 1500 as good as the proto and satisfy your customer base? Oh well, I saved money on not buying this so far...

Ya I didn't even show the horrible base sculpts. I was to busy on the statue. Because I can careless about that. What matters to me is the statue itself and by God this looks like complete and utter ****!!! Your right we save money. Because no way in hell is this acceptable. NO WAY!!

145743048_1805190156304363_3193305987593920714_o.jpg

146097694_1805190106304368_3006521266024152522_o.jpg

Some more pics from Tang brothers Market Collectibles Facebook page...sculpt looks closer to the proto. The hair still needs to be worked on.

Back