PCS Battletoads 1/6 diorama in the works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am simultaneously overjoyed and terrified that these are being made.

I'm completely over the moon that one of my favorite games is getting a collectible (and a diorama at that), but nervous that rather than the NES/Genesis/SNES box art toads we will see heavily textured toads (ala Rash from Killer Instinct).

yCWzy3k.jpg

PCS displayed the above concept sketch nearly a year ago (along with other more recent WIPs) so I remain as excited as I can be that someone (other than PremiumDNA 😐) is giving the toads a chance.

I'll probably echo this in other forums, but I gotta' agree with Rabbit's monosyllabic response above. I love the Battletoads incredibly, but PCS went with a hybrid of the Genesis cover art and the sinewy arcade game art style (rather than the cartoonish look of the original NES game). I can imagine why, but sadly I'm not diggin' the look.

So not only am I crestfallen that we got a combination of a Michael Bay turtle and an Inhumanoid, but also bummed that the line will most likely be completed with more of the same.

This set has been cancelled. Ant stated that they may be revisited in 1/10 scale.
Hi Goat! I'm new to the forum, looking for info on these bad boys. Who is Ant and where did they state this? I was hyper excited for the B-toads, want to make sure my financial plans are in place in case they'll still be released in some way. Thanks so much!

Hi Goat! I'm new to the forum, looking for info on these bad boys. Who is Ant and where did they state this? I was hyper excited for the B-toads, want to make sure my financial plans are in place in case they'll still be released in some way. Thanks so much!

Sure thing. Welcome to the forum.

Anthony “Ant” Adams is a co-owner of PCS Collectibles, a collectible statue company that was acquired from another owner several years ago. A series of 1/4 scale polystone statues of the Battletoads was planned for release (the three toads were to unite into a collective diorama).

However, pre-orders were light so the line was cancelled. Ant is very transparent with PCS customers (via their PCS Collectors Facebook group) and mentioned that the toads might return someday in a smaller scale.

I have my suspicions as to why the line didn’t sell well, but the toads are atop my statue bucket list. I can only hope that they return in a form that is faithful to the source material.

Back