PC Gaming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It used to work, when you unplug and plug it back up, a driver gets screwed up somehow, somewhere. It just sucks. I can't say or not if it is or is not working to be honest, cause some videos, or music files will actually get sub working.

Hmm, if you're certain that the sub itself is working fine independently then it could be your audio driver OR the codec of whatever media player you're using. On rare occasions they do get messed up.

If neither of those fixes work then you could try cleaning the jack if it's a 3.5 mm jack. Good luck!

Has anyone tried playing Ark? my 980ti can't get anymore than 25fps on High settings. I don't even try the Epic settings in fear of burning the house down. :(

Got Ark a few weeks back and I use Epic textures I think it is called but turned down sky and other things and some things to medium to get around 45-60 fps. You have to play with the settings....game is not optimized at all. Wish it had an sli profile.

Got Ark a few weeks back and I use Epic textures I think it is called but turned down sky and other things and some things to medium to get around 45-60 fps. You have to play with the settings....game is not optimized at all. Wish it had an sli profile.

I didnt really mess with it, i just went with default settings. I gaved it a try and was able to get 40-50fps but I need to tweak with it more. Thanks for the tip!

Did you download the software with it? you can adjust the sound settings pretty good. I had to adjust them on it to get more bass. I use an audio receiver though also.

Oh, are you using the Sound Blaster Z, too? Yeah, I downloaded the software and the updated drivers. The Equalizer is flat, but I find that the bass is still a bit too much even with all of the SBS enhancements turned off.

In any case, I'm returning this and picking up the ZXR instead. It's $200, but since it's "audiophile grade", it should be better... :monkey1. I'm also doing some recordings with my guitar, too, so I'm in need of a good amp.

I was using the Z and switched to the Omni 5.1 because the Z was giving me some issues and I put in 3 gpu's at that time and didn't like the slot the sound card was in and the omni is a usb connected sound device.

that ZXR looks sweet (overkill for my needs), let us know how you like it.

Hmm, if you're certain that the sub itself is working fine independently then it could be your audio driver OR the codec of whatever media player you're using. On rare occasions they do get messed up.

If neither of those fixes work then you could try cleaning the jack if it's a 3.5 mm jack. Good luck!

Clean it? I'm not sure. It's the on board jack. I guess I'm alright. It's the sub. Only.

I was using the Z and switched to the Omni 5.1 because the Z was giving me some issues and I put in 3 gpu's at that time and didn't like the slot the sound card was in and the omni is a usb connected sound device.

that ZXR looks sweet (overkill for my needs), let us know how you like it.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the slots. The ZXR has two parts: a main board and a daughter board that doesn't require a PCI slot, just a bracket. Thankfully, my R4 case comes with a vertical bracket next to the horizontal motherboard slots. I can easily put it in there, and place the main board above my highest graphics card. I just hope it doesn't restrict my airflow :lol.

Another thing I didn't like about the Z was that bright, red LED. I also forgot to mention, the soundstage is virtually non-existent for gaming. I used SBS surround with my Sennheiser HD 598, and there was absolutely no depth in the sounds, whatsoever when I tested it out on Witcher 3. I'm hoping I have a better experience with the ZXR....

I should post an updated pic of my set-up.

Hey, folks!
I'm in need for a gamepad to properly play damn fighting games on PC. What's the best quality/price option in your opinion?

No fightsticks. :lol

What's your price range? Nothing beats the DS4. It's very responsive, ergonomic, and you can pair it with a bluetooth adapter (or just connect it to your PC via the USB cable). I've heard the Xbox 360 controller is easier to work with Windows, but I've never used one. In any case, I've got the DS4 drivers if you can't find them online.

This is kinda off-topic, but something weird has happened: I downloaded Arkham Knight again to play Season of Infamy and I found Arkham City, Arkham Asylum and Arkham Origins: Blackgate in my account. The dates say: Bought on 20/10/15... What the heck is that? I have Asylum and City, but in 360 and Ps3. And I bought Knight on the 20/10/15 and Origins (just Origins, not Blackgate) on 30/10/15... Does anyone have any sort of explaination? I also found stuff like the Noel Skin, the 2008 Bale suit and others installed as well, while I only bought the SoI pack yesterday. Is that some sort of promotion or something? Any kind of help would be appreciated!

PS: I posted here because it's moe of a Steam issue and not an Arkham Knight one. Hope that's okay...

yeah could be on Christmas day where Steam got hacked and the Steam Store was in different languages, people were seeing themselves as other people accounts and a bunch of other stuff. Someone could have bought it that day and it went to your account or some other Steam issue.

yeah could be on Christmas day where Steam got hacked and the Steam Store was in different languages, people were seeing themselves as other people accounts and a bunch of other stuff. Someone could have bought it that day and it went to your account or some other Steam issue.

Well damn, that's a shame for that other person. Should I contact Steam or anything like that?

Well damn, that's a shame for that other person. Should I contact Steam or anything like that?

They weren't hacked, there was a DDOS attack (a lot of traffic targeted at the service) and during their efforts to keep things running well their caching system gave the wrong information to users. It only affects you if you were logged in and using Steam at the time.

I know I logged in at some point to add a few steam gift cards to my account. But I seem to remember not being able to log in early on so I went back to it later and all was fine.

This is kinda off-topic, but something weird has happened: I downloaded Arkham Knight again to play Season of Infamy and I found Arkham City, Arkham Asylum and Arkham Origins: Blackgate in my account. The dates say: Bought on 20/10/15... What the heck is that? I have Asylum and City, but in 360 and Ps3. And I bought Knight on the 20/10/15 and Origins (just Origins, not Blackgate) on 30/10/15... Does anyone have any sort of explaination? I also found stuff like the Noel Skin, the 2008 Bale suit and others installed as well, while I only bought the SoI pack yesterday. Is that some sort of promotion or something? Any kind of help would be appreciated!

PS: I posted here because it's moe of a Steam issue and not an Arkham Knight one. Hope that's okay...

I believe that anyone who purchased AK before a certain date was to be "gifted" the other Arkham games due to the messed up release. Saw this mentioned in the Steam discussion forum for the game. Already had them all so I did not see anything different.

I believe that anyone who purchased AK before a certain date was to be "gifted" the other Arkham games due to the messed up release. Saw this mentioned in the Steam discussion forum for the game. Already had them all so I did not see anything different.

Huh, that might've been the case.

Back