PC Gaming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a really good desk chair since I use it a lot. I have a "good one" but was looking at the more expensive ones.

I don't mind spending the money if it'll last for 3-4 years but has anyone used the Dx Racer chairs or the similar ones?

Have you tried exercise balls? They suck a first, but once your back (core) gets used to it if feels great. Been using the same one for 4 years and I would never go back to a regular chair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really need to decide if you want an IPS panel monitor or a TN panel monitor.

IPS have slower response time (not a big deal though, literally measure in milliseconds) but have way better color accuracy and picture quality. You can game on them just fine. Though due to the more expensive panel, they are usually more expensive than a TN panel.

TN panel monitors are usually what "hardcore" gamers go for. That have very fast response times and high refresh rates. The trade off is that their colors are very noticeably worse than an IPS when side by side. However, you can easily enjoy videos or movies on them. Just don't expect super deep blacks or amazing theater quality picture. Picture/video editing is not recommended on these due to color accuracy being off. TN panels TEND to be cheaper than IPS...unless you're going after one of the newer ones with G-sync or Free Sync in them. But since you said you're casually game you don't need to worry about that.

There are monitors that fit your budget just fine though.

IPS - Acer 25in 1440p @ $259.99 Acer G257HU smidpx 25" 4ms HDMI Ultra Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor IPS 350 cd/m2 ACM 100,000,000:1 (1000:1) Built-in Speakers - Newegg.com

IPS - LG 29in Widescreen 1080p @299.99 LG 29UB55-B Black 29" 5ms HDMI UltraWide LED Backlight LCD Monitor IPS panel 250 cd/m2 DCR 5,000,000:1 (1000:1) built-in speakers - Newegg.com

TN - BenQ 27in 1080p @189.99 BenQ GL2760H Black 27" 2ms HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor TN Panel 300 cd/m2 DCR 12,000,000:1 (1000:1) - Newegg.com

TN - Acer 24in 1080p @169.99 Acer S241HLbmid Black 24" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 ACM 100,000,000:1 (1,000:1) Built-in Speakers - Newegg.com

I included the slightly more expensive IPS monitors just because of how much more you're getting with a max extra $50. Hope this helps. Searching for the perfect monitor is always fun and its awesome when you find your match! If you have any other questions, plz feel free to ask! If you find any other monitors other than the ones I've listed and want me to check them out feel free to post the links here!

Guess I'm behind on the response, but I've finally got a parts list put together except for the monitor and forgot I had this here. Movies and streaming videos will be my main focus, so it sounds like IPS should be my focus. Thanks for the info and links!

haha good ol chaturbate

On a side note, I'm trying to build a mini itx rig and was looking for a low profile cd/dvd write. This is my first time building one of these and I was wondering if I needed a special case to house those. Also how does this build look with movies / video streaming being my priority (case included)

https://pcpartpicker.com/p/rKHWpg

there is a Halloween Steam Sale,, some Good Prices on lots of Great Games ! picked up Dead Rising 3 "even though i heard it isn't a good PC port"

Hey I have a Radeon 5700 series with a 350 watt power supply. Is there a good upgraded graphic card I can replace this without changing my power supply??

Could a beginner computer user put in a new power supply and video card easily? I have put in DDR Memory but never a power supply , I would gather you just remove and reattach the same stuff to the new supply?

Yeah, it's just a matter of reattaching the cables of the new PSU to the same components. It's rather easy. Just go slowly, route your wires neatly so it's not a jumbled mess in your case, and make sure to connect everything that was previously powered by your old PSU. Also, make sure that a new PSU can actually fit inside your case (some might be too wide or too long), and if whether your case requires top or bottom mounting.

On another note, I'd recommend you follow this tierd list religiously when choosing a PSU. Most power supplies are garbage, and can actually damage your PC from unstable current draw.

PSU tier list 2.0 - Power Supplies - Components

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time choosing a monitor :\ My budget has since changed since my last post (I'm willing to go up to $400ish). As far as IPS panels, the three I'm really considering are (feel free to add your own suggestions):

-Dell UltraSharp U2515H 25
-ASUS PB258Q 25
-Acer G257HU

My main priority is great color quality and a comfortable viewing experience.The only problem I learned about the IPS panels is the light bleeding and the blacks are lacking which is a bummer as that's kind of important for me. I've never seen an IPS in person, so it might not be as bad to me as it is to others, especially considering I've been using an old viewsonic from ~2007 lol. I just recently read about VA panels being the next step up from IPS but I know little to nothing about those. Also, before I build a new rig, I decided to start with a monitor first and just build around that.

Dudes, I've been wondering, what kind of PC soundcards do you use? I bought a Soundblaster Creative Z over the weekend, but it's a bit too bass heavy for my liking. I guess being a gaming card, it's configured that way. I listen to a lot of lossless music, and do a bit of gaming, too. But, I'd much rather have a soundcard that can emulate natural sounds than something that relies on artificial enhancements, just to make "splosions" in FPS games sound more lively (I don't really care for that).

I use the M. Bay-Tron X

giphy.gif

Dudes, I've been wondering, what kind of PC soundcards do you use? I bought a Soundblaster Creative Z over the weekend, but it's a bit too bass heavy for my liking. I guess being a gaming card, it's configured that way. I listen to a lot of lossless music, and do a bit of gaming, too. But, I'd much rather have a soundcard that can emulate natural sounds than something that relies on artificial enhancements, just to make "splosions" in FPS games sound more lively (I don't really care for that).

Bass heavy? I don't have one, it's like one of them no-need kind of things? I have no idea.

But I've noticed my sub hasn't been working and it pisses me off. Maybe a sound card might remedy that.

Did you download the software with it? you can adjust the sound settings pretty good. I had to adjust them on it to get more bass. I use an audio receiver though also.

Bass heavy? I don't have one, it's like one of them no-need kind of things? I have no idea.

But I've noticed my sub hasn't been working and it pisses me off. Maybe a sound card might remedy that.

Did it worked with anything else? Try hooking it up with another player, or swap the cables, that could help.

Did it worked with anything else? Try hooking it up with another player, or swap the cables, that could help.

It used to work, when you unplug and plug it back up, a driver gets screwed up somehow, somewhere. It just sucks. I can't say or not if it is or is not working to be honest, cause some videos, or music files will actually get sub working.

Back