Palpatine 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was sold just on the premise of it being made, these new images just make me more and more happy with the result.

I was sold just on the premise of it being made, these new images just make me more and more happy with the result.

Yeah, you've been on this big time. Its taken me some time to get to where I know its something I do want.

I don't know what it is, because in essence his portrait is just a wrinkly old man, but I find the look so appealing, and the character is just very entertaining. Jedi will always tie with Sith as my favorie, and the Sidious look is embodied very well in both so this will be a piece that always takes me into my favorite movies.

Well, what I'd like to see done is a regular of this be ROTJ and the EX be ROTS. That would kick ass!

Here's the SSC homepage image with Josh's affiliate image blended in to try and get a better perspective.

palpbust1.jpg

His eye looks great there, this is going to be must have piece for me down the road sometime.

Well, what I'd like to see done is a regular of this be ROTJ and the EX be ROTS. That would kick ass!

Well, judging from images, I think the sculpt will be more true to the Jedi look. He was younger so his face doesn't look as full in Jedi as it did in ROTS, which in turn made him at times not look exactly the same as Jedi, and at 1:1 it should be all about true replication of the film it's based on. That is a cool idea, but I'm sure many like me prefer Jedi Sith clothes so not sure how well ROTS Ex would sell unless they did like Faux Bronze type ES of 100 or 50.

Well, judging from images, I think the sculpt will be more true to the Jedi look. He was younger so his face doesn't look as full in Jedi as it did in ROTS, which in turn made him at times not look exactly the same as Jedi, and at 1:1 it should be all about true replication of the film it's based on. That is a cool idea, but I'm sure many like me prefer Jedi Sith clothes so not sure how well ROTS Ex would sell unless they did like Faux Bronze type ES of 100 or 50.

That's true. Just kind of a fools hope type of thing I suppose. I hope they do a ROTS version someday.

That's true. Just kind of a fools hope type of thing I suppose. I hope they do a ROTS version someday.

Well, I think you'd agree with this too, a ROTS would look better with an even more evil face on it than this bust, this one captures about as aggressive as he got in Jedi, but nowhere near how evil his face got in ROTS.

Well, I think you'd agree with this too, a ROTS would look better with an even more evil face on it than this bust, this one captures about as aggressive as he got in Jedi, but nowhere near how evil his face got in ROTS.

I agree. The face wouldn't fit overall in the ROTJ mode but man they gotta make a ROTS one.

I was in awe the first time I found out Vader had a master back in 1980. Palpatine is the man! :emperor

MF, I actually think that the fact Ian McDiarmid was thinner in 1982 (when ROTJ was filmed) than in 2003 (when ROTS was filmed) works to the character's advantage.

Think about it. He had 20+ more years (of actual time, and reverse story-time) of being eaten from within by the Dark Side, slowly corrupted and emaciated.

(In other news, I can't wait for the newsletter...)

:emperor:emperor:emperor:emperor:emperor

The SW line is really a must-have for me; all but Bossk (or any other character that has about a two second growl time on film).

:drink

Back