Palisades done?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHAT A SHAME...YEARS AGO,PALISADES WERE AT THE TOP...

Hope its not true but if it is at least they got all the Muppets out before it happened.

I was kind of looking forward to their 4" Planet of the Apes offerings. I MUCH prefer the 12" scale but who knows when and if Sideshow will thraw out THAT line, not with the success they have been having with Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.

I know my son, who has Super Grover, was hoping to see Palisades' Sesame Street grow but it looks like we will be lucky to have the Second Wave see the light of day. We may even have to hunt down the first wave as the production numbers might be lower than normal.

So, this means no JARETH 12'' FROM LABYRINTH...

What I hear isn't so much that they're just going to disappear but be restructured with Diamond calling the shots, and Palisades just supplying designs. So some stuff should still make it out.

Frag the Muppets!!!
I was hoping that they would release the Apes figures in such a way to show that they could be successful and thus encourage Sideshow to release at least a couple more. :banghead

I never liked how they handled the Alien and Predator lines. First, they release a mini bust, and later on, they release an inferior-looking micro bust. Just do the first and leave it at that.

This is a shame. At least they went out on a higher note with Alien with their sig. series queen and their dog alien mini-bust.

Unfortunately I've never found anything more from them then a few Army of Darkness and Muppet figures in stores. I think it's the disappearance of the specialty market retailers and a few mistakes they made at a critical time that killed their company. It's a shame. :(

Darth Waller said:
I never liked how they handled the Alien and Predator lines. First, they release a mini bust, and later on, they release an inferior-looking micro bust. Just do the first and leave it at that.

It's in the tradition of mini-sabers. A way to re-use a mold, so to speak, to make more profit. Although in the case of MR it made more sense ($370 saber vs. $35 saber).

Looks like its official... kind of a bummer.

"I regret to inform you that after more than 11 successful years, Palisades Entertainment, LLC has discontinued its business of manufacturing and selling licensed and proprietary action figures, collectibles, toys and other goods. This development parallels a general trend within the toy industry, including the bankruptcy of one of Palisades’ largest customers.

Palisades has sold a substantial portion of its assets to another industry player, an affiliate of C.A.S. Iberia, Inc. named Limited by CAS, Inc. That company will continue the sale of certain of the brands that Palisades developed, including the Factory X line.

The sale transaction did not include employment for me or my wife Kate, who many of you know. Consequently, neither Kate nor I will be reachable at the buyer’s offices, nor will we have any ongoing relationship with the buyer.

I don’t have any plans for the immediate future beyond enjoying life with Kate and our children, until I figure out our next chapter.

I’d like to take this time to thank all of my friends and colleagues, and in particular, the team that helped me build and nurture Palisades for so many years."

Well that sucks. I'm sad for the people that lost their jobs. I'm also sad for the people anticipating the Slayer Scythe like myself. It sounds like there still may be some hope for it but I fear it's only a fools hope. Oh well, I always have the Sideshow 12" Faith version to ogle.

Love the Sig Fritz!

Actually I've heard Limited by Cas (sister to Cas Iberia) has acquired, so we'll see which route they go with the licenses.

That's too bad, they were a great company with a real connection to their fans. I absolutely loved the Muppet line, but it had to hurt for the incredibly detailed and obviously expensive to develop Pigs in Space playset to be going for $5 at EB Games.

It sounds like Iberia will be releasing the product that has already been produced, but doesn't sound like they'll be doing anything new with the licenses.

Well in addition to the Slayer Scythe, I sure hope we still get Selene's Throwing Stars originally from Factory X.

what a shame. I have their Alien queen figure and it my first ever statue.
Good luck to all those involved with Palisades.

Back