Palantir of Orthanc

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job John :clap, have you worked out a price yet? :peace

Thanks bill59, the stand was always going to be an optional extra as many collectors would like to select their own way of displaying the phial, which is the main item. I have a small variety of the Crystal bases because of their ability to transmit light and imagined that the Elves might have chosen something such as this to empower and maintain the clarity of the light. There are many choices for stands/bases so I am going to offer the phial as a stand alone item (complete with special liquid, of course). There will be no wooden box or plastic stand.

I still have some trials to complete so might be able to offer them later in the month if everything is satisfactory. Uncertain as to the price yet but hopefully somewhere between £85 and £105. One of the principle components is ridiculously expensive.

I should have pointed out that the bottom of the bottle/phial is round....in case that wasn't obvious, so it needs something to stand it IN for support.

round.jpg

The stand can be almost anything so long as it has a hole large enough to hold the phial...here's another idea I had.

amethyst base.jpg

Looks amazing John! Count me in for one!

Thanks. Your name is on the list, but you have to wait a while. Now comes the tricky bit of chemical experiments....'Boldly glowing where no man has glowed before..'

I don't have a big issue with this and I am sure it will work but I have to test things out..y'know. New territory...new science..potential problems etc.
I have called upon some seriously qualified scientists to help me but nobody has done what I am attempting to do so it's a case of being a pioneer....again.

This is really cool. I'm glad the palantir has finally been made. I will definitely be purchasing one very soon. Just out of curiousity, would you ever make one with the eye of Sauron inside of it? Either way, they're amazing. Do you have a reproduction of the arkenstone too?

Back