PADME Snowbunny on the way...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bcm77 said:
There's no way I'll be getting this figure. IMO Padme was the worst performed main character of the entire saga and I wouldn't buy a figure of her if it was the last Star Wars figure ever made.

You obviously haven't heard of a character called Jar Jar Binks.

While I do look forward to the EU line starting, this would've finished last in my vote. Mara, Asajj, Thrawn, Vos would have all made much better additions for I'm sure we'll be getting at least 2 more Padmes/Queen.

Darth Loki said:
You obviously haven't heard of a character called Jar Jar Binks.

Yeah I have but as he was meant to be a comedy character I never really found him that irritating. Padme on the other hand was the lead female of the PT and was performed so badly that it's made big chunks of the PT unwatchable for me. I know people say that the performer can only work with the script they are given but any decent actor should be able to make even the weakest dialogue sound at least reasonably convincing. Natalie Portman never sounded like she was intrested in what she was doing and compared with Carrie Fisher's spirited performances as Princess Leia in the OT she was pathetic and I don't want a chunk of plastic sitting on my shelf reminding me of one of the major factors of why the PT mostly sucked.

I voted for Padme, and I'll buy it if it looks good to me. I'm glad to hear that it'll be based on Natalie Portman's likeness instead of the cartoon. The figure will fit into my display much better that way.

I voted for Mara. I think in one of the Podcasts they said something like: "If you're a fan of any of the characters on the poll, chances are you'll be pretty happy in the next few years."

I'm paraphrasing big time, but the point was they might be making some of the other characters on the poll eventually.

I hope so. There are a lot of EU characters that I'd love to have so I hope it doesn't get forgotten.

The only problem I have with Natalie Portman's performance is the dialog. In EP.3, there are some pretty brutal moments where I don't know what the hell GL was thinking. "Hold me. Like you did on Naboo, when there was only our love". Nobody can pull that line off.

Darth Loki said:
The only problem I have with Natalie Portman's performance is the dialog. In EP.3, there are some pretty brutal moments where I don't know what the hell GL was thinking. "Hold me. Like you did on Naboo, when there was only our love". Nobody can pull that line off.

LMAO!

Most of the dialog is jacked-up in the entire saga. :lol :rotfl :lol

The musical score more than makes up for it, though. :D

Even George Lucas says he considers them to be like the old silent movies.

Yeah, I really didn't have a problem with NP in the PT. Like Booyah just said the lines in the whole Saga are kind of goofy for the most part. Howeve, that's part of what I love about SW.

Fisher had some very horrible lines to rattle off as well.

But I'll take Portman anyday over her :D :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

padme.jpg

Yeah, the only time Leia was hot to me was in her slave out fit. Padme was pretty much hot in all her outfits. :monkey5

I also thought Natalie Portman did a horrible acting job. She was so Mono-Tone with her lines, no emotion. Also surprised she won the contest, but I'll still buy her.

I dont think you should watch Star wars for the acting....hehehe

nash said:
I dont think you should watch Star wars for the acting....hehehe

They day Arnold Schwarzenegger wins a oscar for best actor is the day I start caring about acting.

Though he should get a Oscar for best Action Star, hands down!

spider1135 said:
so the Padme Snowbunny is the next 12" line or PF line:confused:

Padme will be a 12" figure, but she will be the next one we order. They are just now starting development on the figure. There is no sculpt yet, no clothes, no accessories, no packaging. It will take some time for all of this work to be done, and I am sure that we will see several other 12" figures go up before she does, depending on how many they have been working on behind the scenes. We usually don't find out about a figure until the work is underway and we have some prototype pictures--there will be nothing like this available for Padme for quite some time. However, it will be fun to see the progress in the blog over the coming months.

I just looked at the blog - I'm surprised that one has commented on all the pics they posted.

Seems like they're trying to tell us that she will be sculpted with the hood up and the other pics are hints at what accessories she will have. At least this will make her significantly different than Arena Padme...

NASEDO said:
I also thought Natalie Portman did a horrible acting job. She was so Mono-Tone with her lines, no emotion. Also surprised she won the contest, but I'll still buy her.

I thought she had poor perforances in it. But she can act - even when she was a kid. I just saw V yesterday and she was pretty good. Geez even when she was a kid she managed to do better than her effort in the prequels (i.e. Matilda in The Professional). Guess it shows that Lucas should not write dialogue.

Natalie is a good actress, but one can only be as good as one's lines. They never really gave her much to work with. So leave my future wife alone :monkey5 .

Back