Ozark on netflix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So did the bar owner Rachel just take what the bar is worth at the end or did she take more? Wonder why Marty left it at an unsecured location instead of burying it in woods.

It's back tonight. Anyone watch this anymore...?

Having finally reached the end of Justified yesterday, I started on the latest Ozark today.

I watch so many series that it takes a while to remember who's who and what's what when a new season starts. The pretty dramatic opening to the fourth season threw me, then I realised it was a flash forward.

Midway through the premiere and I renew my desire to see Darlene Snell die horribly.

The whole series is amazing but she is absolutely despicable.

Midway through the premiere and I renew my desire to see Darlene Snell die horribly.

The whole series is amazing but she is absolutely despicable.

Wouldn't that be a thing to see? :monkey3

The Wyatt/Darlene relationship turns my stomach.

Damn good series!
I'm at episode 3, and the quality never drops.

I watched the first seven over a couple of days, and now waiting for the next seven to drop sometime this year. :impatient:

There are three series that I think of in the same breath, because they feel similar: Longmire, Justified and Yellowstone. Ozark should be added to that list to.

The acting from Bateman and Linney is great. They really sell the idea that they're in a never-ending hole they keep digging. :rip
If there's a weakness in the show over the seasons it's that it's become less about a couple/family desperately trying to extricate itself from a cartel's grip and more about a rising "crime family" that is not only increasingly comfortable with criminal behavior, but realizing they are actually good at it, perhaps becoming as good as the people they were originally trying to escape.

Maybe not a weakness, because in some ways the show has become something different and equally if not more entertaining, but it's almost like the premise of the show has changed without the creators necessarily being aware of it.

Yeah ironically the first season reviews were positive but said Ozark played too much as a Breaking bad clone (plus several other shows) and it's taken that same trajectory.

A lot of the Netflix shows are all about Season one, then there's a bit of slide down for me over later seasons. House of Cards and Stranger Things to me had superb first seasons, followed by decent second seasons, then pretty steep downhill from there.

Ozark has been a bit more consistent, but the later seasons have been more ways outlandish - when Wendy decides she wants to swing big in season 3 it just felt almost silly, but it's so well crafted and written, you sort of go with it.

Yeah.

I do think Breaking Bad just kept getting better. But like anything, it can start to feel repetitive over time. Breaking Bad and Ozark really do a good job of keeping you interested over and over and over.

I keep hearing good things about Saul. But I never really cared for that character too much and I can't imagine spending a lot of time with him through 4 seasons. I watched the first two episodes of the new season but it all seemed like mostly callbacks to a better show.

Yeah ironically the first season reviews were positive but said Ozark played too much as a Breaking bad clone (plus several other shows) and it's taken that same trajectory.

A lot of the Netflix shows are all about Season one, then there's a bit of slide down for me over later seasons. House of Cards and Stranger Things to me had superb first seasons, followed by decent second seasons, then pretty steep downhill from there.

Ozark has been a bit more consistent, but the later seasons have been more ways outlandish - when Wendy decides she wants to swing big in season 3 it just felt almost silly, but it's so well crafted and written, you sort of go with it.
Yep, Wendy does swing too big by that point however as you said, it's so well executed that you just go with it.

I hope it finishes strong.

Back