originals vs remakes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remakes or originals

• originals

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • remakes

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
I prefer Jackson's King Kong to the other two. I love the original 1933 film and the 1976 one is okay, but Jackson's is so full of adventure, beauty, and is quite raw emotionally. I love it.

The Fly and The Thing are two others that are better than the originals.

I prefer Jackson's King Kong to the other two. I love the original 1933 film and the 1976 one is okay, but Jackson's is so full of adventure, beauty, and is quite raw emotionally. I love it.

The Fly and The Thing are two others that are better than the originals.

ive never had the patience to watch the whole PJ's king kong :lol bored me to tears. gotta love the original though ;)

Almost always prefer the original... but there are those rare exceptions (like the Fly or the Thing) that really add something new and even surpass the original.

Kind of like cover songs... most times its just a cash grab and annoying; but once in awhile you get a truly inspired vision of a classic.

I never really understood the hatred for the Dawn of the Dead remake, I definitely think it can stand on it's own without having to be constantly compared to the original. It just had too many instantly classic moments to me. I thought it was a fun movie.

As for King Kong, I really liked the ending of that movie, I thought it was awesome but the rest of the movie was pretty much so-so. The movie was too long & some of the CG stuff was just too silly (like when they are all running and it looks like they are on a treadmill in front of a green screen). Jack Black's cardio must be sooooooo much better than I expected.

The Hulk remake was better than the Ang Lee version for sure.

I don't know, really.

I think the originals are usually better, but sometimes the remake is just as good... though rarely ever better.

I suppose if I had to say one or the other, I would go with original. Like a lot of people, I'm getting sick of the seemingly unnecessary remakes these days.

Depends on the movie,
I loved King Kong, Nosferatu, War of the Worlds, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Ben Hur, for example...

But most of them suck, like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Halloween, Amityville Horror, The Italian Job, House on Haunted hill, Wicker Man,Planet of the Apes, Red Dragon etc.

Last edited:
Back