originals vs remakes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remakes or originals

• originals

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • remakes

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

-Super Hans-

Super Freak
Reaction score
watched the omen remake earlier and got me thinking (i dont do it much) which ones were better and i always came up with the originals as being better. so are remakes just done for money or to try and add more to the movie ???

which do you prefer (in general) :cool:

a few examples

omen
godzilla
king kong
texas chain saw massacre
planet of the apes
italian job
dawn of the dead

and countless others

watched the omen remake earlier and got me thinking (i dont do it much) which ones were better and i always came up with the originals as being better. so are remakes just done for money or to try and add more to the movie ???

which do you prefer (in general) :cool:

a few examples

omen
godzilla
king kong
texas chain saw massacre
planet of the apes
italian job
dawn of the dead

and countless others

omen -o.g
godzilla - o.g
king kong -big gorilla's suck ass period!
texas chain saw massacre -o.g
planet of the apes - new
italian job -new
dawn of the dead - new

omen -o.g
godzilla - o.g - godzillas gay
king kong -big gorilla's suck ass period! - you know you like the new one
texas chain saw massacre -o.g
planet of the apes - new - your crazy
italian job -new - your on crack
dawn of the dead - new - ....what ?

:cool::cool::cool::rotfl
:peace

how can you not like the original one better that movie rocked. remake was o.k

I havent seen the Argento(sp?) cut...but the one I watched was beyond slow. Theres slow, then theres SLLLLOOOOOOWWW....but I heard the other cut was better. So i'll have a look at that.

99.9% originals are better, there a few though where the remake is better, or at least just as goos as the original:

Cape Fear
Scarface
The Thing
The Fly

I try to look at remakes as totally different movies.

One remake I thought was stupid was Psycho. Same everything except actors and that it's in color. Why bother?

I feel better about the Robocop one cause Danny Aronfoskwhatever is directing...dude did the Fountian!

remakes always suck. It usually the studios way of trying to make some money by putting a brand name on it. Just with sucky actors and Directors. Enough already.

Remakes can be good if the add something new to the story. The Fly and the Thing are great examples of movies that took the basic themes but added a modern spin.

Both the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers and the 70's remake are great. The updating works in these examples because they added their own ideas and only used the familiar material as a jumping off point.

Back