Operation Barc Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shocktrooper_au

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys I thought i'd show you the beginnings of my Barc trooper 1/6 project, I'm rather new to the custom game (infact apart from doing some dry brushing and some deletion of paint I've done none) though I have sculpted a few heads before for my amusement.
Well here it is so far I have created the gloves & started on the helmet each taking me a couple of hrs to do. The helmet as you can see is far off complete & I hope to eventually cast resin pieces and attach to a spare body.......TIPS PLEASE! NOOB!!!!
If anyones got some tips or advise, please comment. esp Uniforms and where to buy

Looks like you're off to a good start. Hurricane would be the best guy to ask since he is the armor king.

Looks good, but I think your hands might be a smidge on the small side; or the helmet is too large.

One thing is that for the gloves it might be easier to find an existing pair (from HT, BBi or Dragon) and add sculpted details to make it more specific. Magic Sculpt is a product (similar to Sculpy) that air dries which makes it easier if you are modifing a pre-existing sculpt.

Thanks for your advise GB....
At this stage I'm generally happy with the scaling, the gloves are similar in scale to a Marmit figure and the Helmet is slightly larger then the hasbro Biker Scout. It's a big noggin alright but hopefully will look right with body armor.

Cool... sometimes photos can be misleading. Either way, I can't imagine trying to sculpt hands or something as precise as a helmet. Can't wait to see the final product :rock

Here's an update with a couple of details added.
Just getting to the stage where I can start to sharpen the edges & increase detail
Does anyone have any casting suggestions, I have brush-on silicone rubber for molding

Last edited:
Hi thought I'd post some more updates...
I've added more detail & tried & failed to make the visor a couple of times now, also other armour & pouches have started to be created.
I found an old hasbro Clone the other day that I'd already stripped, so some of those armour pieces will be very helpful as a base to model from.
Also found was a pair of German WW2 pants that may suit as a temporary pair , these don't have the camo, but they do have the inner thigh reinforcement area that the Barcs have.
I hope you are enjoying this project
regards....

here's the pics

Back