<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <> Dark Knight Rises - Selina Kyle - OMG Photo Review - Part 1 <>

I first heard that term on America's Next Top Model. When I figured out what they were referring to I was disappointed.

Come to think of it I probably had a similar response. As to what we might have hoped it referred to Anne does indeed have nice bang(er)s.

Bangs is the normal term for it 'round these parts. I never even considered it a strange term. Now I'm going to be self-conscious every time I talk about feathering my bangs.

So many pictures and not one without the mask?

what is the mystery?

hbc5.jpg

Guess the mask is fragile...looks broken here...I think this will look better in hand.

Thanks OMG. Nice shots as always. Hope we get some pics of her on the Batpod in round 2 of your shots.

It looks like she has a prosthetic face. Was Catwoman attacked by a chimpanzee? Was this the eventual look Michael Jackson was going for?

7uet.jpg

Great shots as always, OMG.

Still a really bland and ugly figure.
Easy pass. Bring on Returns Catwoman!

No I agree with him. Probably doesn't look as bad in person but in pics its very noticeable up at that hairline.

I REALLY hope the likeness is better in hand. But based on the pics, I don't understand why this was delayed as long as it was. Usually, longer time makes the product BETTER and not worse. It kinda reminds me of the DC Direct 13" Wonder Woman. They kept saying they were delaying it to make it as perfect as possible - but the final product was mediocre at best. I think this figure is an example of what happens when Hot Toys gives up on something.

I am sure OMG is trying to make the pics look as good as he can, but I don't think its possible with this fugly sculpt. Black Widow turned out SOOOO much better in the end so its not like Hot Toys can't do it.

Delays have nothing to do with quality. Why people overprotect Hot Toys lack of time management?

Figure is good, close to prototype. Yet, not stunning. Let's wait for a second run of pics, maybe OMG will show it from a better side.

Delays have nothing to do with quality. Why people overprotect Hot Toys lack of time management?

Figure is good, close to prototype. Yet, not stunning. Let's wait for a second run of pics, maybe OMG will show it from a better side.

Actually, there have been several times when figures were delayed and the end result was far better than the initial sculpt. Chris Reeve Superman is one that comes to mind.

I don't agree that the final sculpt looks like the prototype. Stunning is one word that comes to mind, but not in a positive sort of way. I think they couldn't get it right and just walked away from it. Why even bother making the mask removable if the sculpt doesn't even look like her? AND the mask is very fragile and easily breakable to boot.

She looks good and I'm super excited to be getting her. Though, I do think Black Widow looks to be the better female figure from what I can see here and will probably remain that way once I get her in hand; that does nothing to dampen my anticipation of finally adding this figure to my Dark Knight collection.
I wonder if the likeness "issues" comes down to the hair style. With Widow, she had a specific hairstyle throughout the movie that they could easily replicate. With Selina, they had to slick the figure's hair back to accommodate the mask while trying to bring us a Anne Hathaway sculpt as well. I think that may be why the likeness looks somewhat off without the mask. If they had a separate masked head sculpt I think a lot of people's issues with the likeness may have been negated. Still really loving this figure, great photos OMG.

Really excited for her, wasn't planning on putting her on the bat pod, but I just might have to...

It looks like she has a prosthetic face. Was Catwoman attacked by a chimpanzee? Was this the eventual look Michael Jackson was going for?

I actually thought something similar waaaaay back when this was first in it's prototype stages.

Not a fan of the way they implemented the hair though. It looks awful, like the head is two separate pieces (which, well, it is). I mean the forehead hair sculpting then the rooted hair that's on the back section/separate part of the head? It looks awful, the neck is bad too.

Overall it reminds me of the problems Silk Spectre had, except that figure looked more like a trans gender.

Still, design flaws aside that's definitely Hathaway.

I bet I know what's under that faceplate.

fembot+ebay1159386424.jpg

Back