<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <> DX07 Luke Skywalker - OMG Photo Review - P1~2 <>

Thanks OMG for your answers. I think I am starting to see why I am on the fence. Sparrow and 89 Joker have a character presence and "Awe" to them due to their costumes.

Luke is more of a representation of a movie we all love. Nothing exciting about his clothing but it is "Luke" from ESB.

Now does that justify the $300 price tag??

Ahem...:lol

Both the Jack and 89 Joker are two of the best HT have done so far. And they have the "awe" about them becuase of the costumes they wear. They definitely have more of a shelf pressence imo.

I dont think the same "awe" will come from Lukes costume, since I feel its more plain, but instead its the character and film it represents that makes it a draw for me. That and I think the head sculpt is one of their best so far too.

And $300 for TWO Hot Toys Luke Skywalkers and a weathervane. I think its more than worth it!

You mean the enormous weathervane that lights up and hangs from the ceiling or wall PLUS the fact that you are getting TWO figures isn't justification for spending $300?!:cuckoo:

I am the first to argue over how much these little bastards cost and how much it is rising..but this one I have no qualms over..two figures..two sets of outfits and weapons..and a weathervain that SSC would have no problem charging $150 for alone....exhibit A https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=100054&ref=companion_cross_1000301

I rest my case

Now does that justify the $300 price tag??

You seem to share similar problems as me. For me the figure is worth $300 but it's not worth me paying $300 for it if you know what I mean. The two figure point is not really a deal, if your not that fond of 1 then 2 won't make it any better. Kind of like eating 2 cheeseburgers when you could have a quarter pounder. :lol

Simply being "Luke Skywalker" is not enough for me really and it doesn't have the presence of some of my other pieces when I look at it. I'll still give it a look in the shop though.

It's a really tough call but I decided quite quickly that this hobby is just too expensive for me to be buying everything in sight so I'm trying to keep my display in lower numbers and higher quality/presence and Luke just misses out. :dunno

Ahem...:lol

And $300 for TWO Hot Toys Luke Skywalkers and a weathervane. I think its more than worth it!

Yep 2 dolls + 1 environment = pound for pound cheapest HT in years as well as being supremely awesome.

Yep 2 dolls + 1 environment = pound for pound cheapest HT in years as well as being supremely awesome.

Lest not forget the awesome exclusive head that will net you about $50 if sold on ebay.

Yeah, I mean, I know we're still talking about $300, but compare it to anything else HT is putting out. If they dropped the second figure and the environment and the Vader head I would still expect this guy to cost $250!

Allow me to be the 76,988th person to say: awesome pics again, OMG!:clap

Holy Spicoli, this piece turned out mighty tasty! :yess:

The PERS looks really good on him . . . like Lee and Sparrow good.

I thought I checked every page, but couldn't find any pics of the Bespin base. Did I just miss 'em? :dunno

This figure looks phenomenal. It's a no brainer IMHO. You could part out one of the figures and sell the weathervane and exclusive head and probably pay for the whole set whilst keeping one figure intact.

BUT REALLY, WHY DO THAT?!? It's an awesome figure set! I'm keeping everything!

Yeah, I mean, I know we're still talking about $300, but compare it to anything else HT is putting out. If they dropped the second figure and the environment and the Vader head I would still expect this guy to cost $250!

HT Indy - one fig with one PERS head, one outfit (but with extra headscarf, coat and accessory,) environment piece - $250.

HT luke - two complete stand alone figs with two PERS heads, environment piece - $300

Lest not forget the awesome exclusive head that will net you about $50 if sold on ebay.

That all, for an exclusive head? Damn, better rethink my price on the Barney Ross head I was gonna sell.

If they charged us $100 for each figure, $100 for the environment, and $50 for the Vader head, $300 would be a good deal. But that's assuming HT figures only cost $100!!!!! :O

You seem to share similar problems as me. For me the figure is worth $300 but it's not worth me paying $300 for it if you know what I mean. The two figure point is not really a deal, if your not that fond of 1 then 2 won't make it any better. Kind of like eating 2 cheeseburgers when you could have a quarter pounder. :lol

Simply being "Luke Skywalker" is not enough for me really and it doesn't have the presence of some of my other pieces when I look at it. I'll still give it a look in the shop though.

It's a really tough call but I decided quite quickly that this hobby is just too expensive for me to be buying everything in sight so I'm trying to keep my display in lower numbers and higher quality/presence and Luke just misses out. :dunno

You and I are on the same page...I agree with what you have said.
I am in no way a Luke Skywalker Hater. I am a Luke Skywalker justifier!!

I know what "value" I get for $300. But do I want to pay $300 for that value.

I like to keep a one figure per shelf displayed in my Detolf. I helps with the figure presence. And I don't think the weather vane will fit to add to the environmental presence.....

I think a part of me wants to see ESB/ROTJ Vader. If it looks good then luke might be forgotten as the SW presence in my case......

I like to keep a one figure per shelf displayed in my Detolf. I helps with the figure presence. And I don't think the weather vane will fit to add to the environmental presence.....

I think a part of me wants to see ESB/ROTJ Vader. If it looks good then luke might be forgotten as the SW presence in my case......

Pretty much exactly the same. One kick ass figure per shelf which like you say means weather vein - out (confirmed too big), EX head - out, clean outfit - out.

What I can already see me doing is selling half the extra's, displaying the single figure then like you say Vader comes along and out goes my single Luke. If he's not a shoe in keeper now, he won't be a keeper down the line.

I totally get why people love him though. I just see the cheap looking body joints, thin material and "decent" sculpt and think he's just not going to wow me like some of the others. There are other SW's characters I think would be a grail piece for me, I just have to wait :)

Make no mistake though, if you have a large display area and a SW scene going on this thing will look mint in among it. The BD hanging from the weather vein on a roof would look awesome.

Pretty much exactly the same. One kick ass figure per shelf which like you say means weather vein - out (confirmed too big), EX head - out, clean outfit - out.

What I can already see me doing is selling half the extra's, displaying the single figure then like you say Vader comes along and out goes my single Luke. If he's not a shoe in keeper now, he won't be a keeper down the line.

I totally get why people love him though. I just see the cheap looking body joints, thin material and "decent" sculpt and think he's just not going to wow me like some of the others. There are other SW's characters I think would be a grail piece for me, I just have to wait :)

You crazy! :panic: :dunno :cuckoo:

SkyWalkerHD716_zpsa0055fd3.jpg

SkyWalkerHD717_zps1beaad2d.jpg

SkyWalkerHD719_zps47a657a9.jpg

SkyWalkerHD713_zps5c3dbd3a.jpg

SkyWalkerHD714_zps3e81a81f.jpg

SkyWalkerHD715_zps8ea6cd4d.jpg

SkyWalkerHD711_zps4725ff84.jpg

SkyWalkerHD712_zps66098386.jpg

Re: <> DX07 Luke Skywalker - OMG Photo Review - P1~2 / comparison pics - P24 <>

Awesome pics OMG. I had no idea Boba was so short. :panic: