OK, so no 1/6 Vader for SDCC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are also a helluva lot more interesting choices than Plo Koon, Bubo, Asajj Ventress(especially for non-EU fans) and a group of 3 random Endor Troops. Also, things like Ilum Padme and Holo Sidious are just very strange choices that aren't going to interest a lot of people. The list of character possibilities is endless with Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers, Snowtroopers, Clones, Royal Guards, Bounty Hunters, Palpatine, Sidious, Boba, Jango, Tusken Raiders, Dooku, Grievous and of course Vader. The bottom line is: WHERE THE HELL ARE THE VILLAINS IN THE STAR WARS LINE, SIDESHOW?

SW fans make no sense 2 me and I am one. So they're not interesting 2 you and some other fans but I've seen many that go hey these are pretty cool. They have to market this thing to more than just the part of you that can't go beyond just a small group. It doesn't make sense. These other guys are coming but damn if they do all of them right now then where are we? Have you thought of that? Probably not. :rolleyes:

I'm not really so much disappoined as just shocked. How can we be this far along in a Star Wars line without Vader? They act like they're trying to figure out how to build a time machine or something. Leather jumpsuit, shoulder pads, cape... hop to it.

Without a doubt one of the funniest things I have read here!

:rotfl:lol:rotfl

There are also a helluva lot more interesting choices than Plo Koon, Bubo, Asajj Ventress(especially for non-EU fans) and a group of 3 random Endor Troops. Also, things like Ilum Padme and Holo Sidious are just very strange choices that aren't going to interest a lot of people. The list of character possibilities is endless with Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers, Snowtroopers, Clones, Royal Guards, Bounty Hunters, Palpatine, Sidious, Boba, Jango, Tusken Raiders, Dooku, Grievous and of course Vader. The bottom line is: WHERE THE HELL ARE THE VILLAINS IN THE STAR WARS LINE, SIDESHOW?

Ditto that.

I really want my SS Vader. I'm with Josh though, they have released items we haven't seen and aren't likely to see from any other company and I salute them for that. I will complain until I get my Vader...and some Stormies....but I won't complain about what they have already released.....well unless the next release is a Luke then I might. :)

Though I want a Vader sooner rather than later, I am pretty happy with the way the SW line is going.

The mystery table will be for the two-pack.

I hope that the 2 pack is something worthwhile and not the Neimoidians. Actually I'd be really please if it wasn't PT at all, although they already said it was. I just want more OT figures...Non-Jabba related OT characters!

So the two-pack is PT? Hmmm....Maybe AOTC Anakin and Obi?

That's what I was really hoping for, although it's been argued that we won't get so many Obis so soon :confused:. But if not him then maybe Anakin and Padme, or Dooku! Heck I'd even by a Gunray/Dooku set.

Looking at Smudger's list I was surprised by how much I haven't been interested in.

Plo Koon - Reg.
Endor Troops - Bought rifleman
Asajj Ventress - Ex.
Chess table - PASS
Bubo - PASS
Princess Leia - Reg.
Old Ben - Ex.
Yavin Luke - Ex.
Holo Sidious - PASS
Bespin Luke - Will buy Ex.
Ilum Padme - PASS

Last year I considered my self a comlpetist but its easy to see this year I have scaled back on things not just passing on exclusives but passing on items all together.

Very surprising. Hmmmmm

Plo Koon - Exc.
Endor Troops - Reg
Asajj Ventress - Ex.
Chess table - Ex.
Bubo - Ex.
Princess Leia - Ex..
Old Ben - Ex.
Yavin Luke - Yes
Holo Sidious - Yes
Bespin Luke - Will buy Ex.
Ilum Padme - Will buy

Looks good... Like others (and more) but otherwise this completist is :D

what's interesting to me in term of the villain character choices is that SS has not choose to do some of the simpler ones such as grand moff, deathstar personel, or empire officers. They are simpler dressed compare to most of the figures produced so far, and shouldn't really need any extra accesories. Perhaps these guys didn't play that much of a role in the trilogy, but they were very visible in EP4. In fact, vader was more under the command of grand moff tolkin. I am surprised he has not been made yet.

So if we don't get Vader annouced at SDCC and got a Chewbacca, or Emperor or really cool Lando would you guys still be upset?

I'm thinking the Tupac will be ESB Chewie and Lando or Han Hoth and Tauntaun!

Me too. Peter Cushing would be a STUNNING sculpt and an easy costume.

Definitely! There's couple easy Imp Officers they could do. Off hand I'd like to see Piett, Ozzell, and Veers, along with the guy Vader chokes in the conference room (don't know names). Heck any of the long sideburns Officers from ANH would be neat. Also a Jeremy Bulloch as Imperial Lieutenant would be cool!

Although with the Indy liscense in tow I think we'll see a Veers figure or least a good head for one with the Last Crusade figures! :rock

Back