Official TONY SOPRANO- James Gandolfini by z3101172 thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE:

Just spoke to Edojoe, he tells me hes having some computer problems and will be offline for a few weeks. He wanted me to let you all know he's going to drop in to get in contact with all of us soon. As i said he shooted for a November/December date for the Tony clothes due to back up with hos other projects and I'm nt sure how far down the head from Z is either, Z knows we've reached the min number he's not ready to take deposits yet he needs to figure out when the logical time to fit him is though. He did tell me he's specifically interested in this one so i have no doubt he'll put all his heart into it!

Hey guys,

So to get the ball rolling I did an intitail build of Tony’s outfit. It will be used to help Edojoe measure off of. Currently he uses a Gofather fat sut but I think he still might be a bit too skinny so I just ordered another fat suit off of war toys to see if that works better.

If edojoe does pad our shirts than he can pad them to be as big as he thinks appropriate, if not then the soldiure story fatsuit from war toys will be recommended to fit under the shirt, or ths godfather suit that can be self stuffed a bit more if need be.

The pants are Saturday Toys. They barely do up and as you can see cut off a bit of the illusion of his weight. I’m sending these to edojoe too and he will base his pants off these but the belt and waistline will actually fit the waist.

These shoes will defintley go for something less cheap going but it looked better to shoot him with these as opposed to bare feet.

The shirt from the Toys 2 gray pinstripe suit set, I feel is very “Tony” but it really doesn’t have more room for any more girth though so my back up shirt will have to go, im sure edojoe will give us something much better anyway.

Finally I scroeed this awesome jacket off of P Jam Only on ebay for 10 bucks. I think it came from some sideshow figure but it is IMO by far the closest thing to a tony leather jacket out there. Of course it came brown so I sprayed a vynil dye on it to turn it black. It worked out great but it was so shiny it looked like some cheap PVC strippers coat he stole off some gal at the ‘Bing. So I took a light wash of flat acrylic black over it and the result is a very realistic looking leather it ae it a bit stiffer than I’d like so to ensure it sits naturally I took a hair dryer when putting it on but im sure this jacket will make it to the final tony build.

tony1a.jpg

tony2z.jpg

Oh, guys I had a thought.

Since tony is a big guy, his hands are fatter than truetype etc. hands.

He also has a ring on his right pinkie, and a wedding band on his left hand.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to get Z (or if he can't someone else) to do the hands for us too?

Hey guys, quick update on the head, I spoke to Z, here's the scoop.

He's on vacation, he'll be out of town for two weeks. when he gets back Tony is on the top of the list and he'll begin sculpting/taking deposits!! Fantastic news!!

To those who still want the outfit, please confirm with edojoe49 if you don't he may not buy enough fabric and you might not get it!

Thanks,

i am sorry to have to tell you all this ...but ..i woun't be dooing this build due to some health issues i am facing now ..please forgive me ..please ...sorry........all builds are canceled ....

No offence but did you guys not read right above your posts?

The clothes won't be happening anymore as edojoe49 is having health issues.

Not sure, we'll have to see what happens with the head, I think it was up next on z's list, but the clothes seem to definately not be happening at this point.

4552605350_3fe1571fb9_o.jpg

Sorry guys, for the long delay on this project,
but I just finished sculpting Tony on the weekend,
more pics are on my website now

https://web.mac.com/mic_luv

I have no idea who still wants it, but if anyone does put your name down, if none I am happy to keep this for myself :)
Cheers~

Back