Official PREDATOR thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look on the HT Pred. Elder thread p!tu.

I've compared the two, they don't seem all that different from one another.
The trophy skulls appear different, but that may be due to the one SSC showed off in San Diego being an early prototype.
We won't know for sure until Hot Toys puts up product pages.

Last edited:
Oh I totally agree. I think that it's just a bid for the display myself, but when Les gets it he'll clear it up for us :rock

Either way, i'm waiting for a Sideshow pre-order.

If I can afford it I might get into the Pred line with the P2 Predator, that thing looks freaking sweet!!!

Two heads and a severed arm as extra is a very nice addition. I guess they'l include an open mouthed headsculpt with the P1 Predator too :rock

If I can afford it I might get into the Pred line with the P2 Predator, that thing looks freaking sweet!!!

Two heads and a severed arm as extra is a very nice addition. I guess they'l include an open mouthed headsculpt with the P1 Predator too :rock

You really should get into the line, the Preds are friggin amazing. HT makes the best Predator **** out there, period! the open mouth sculpt looks sweet as hell, glad I ordered one! :rock :rock :rock

You really should get into the line, the Preds are friggin amazing. HT makes the best Predator **** out there, period! the open mouth sculpt looks sweet as hell, glad I ordered one! :rock :rock :rock

although i don't have any of the AVP predators, i agree, Hot Toys are bad ass!! i'm getting the Predator 2 Elder, Predator 2, and holding my breath for a Predator 1!!!

Where is Customizerwannbe's Artic Predator custom?
Anybody seen it? :D
THAT is a cool Pred figure!

Oh, and yeah...THERE WILL BE A P1 dude! ABSOLUTELY! And soon!

There will be a P1, oh yes there will be a P1 :lol :rock

I hope so aswell!

P1 Predator is my favorite Pred design(Especially the mask!), though HTs really needs to beef up the Pred bodies(Ive compared HTs Pred body masses to the Preds body masses in the movies, and HTs' fell just a bit short of the movie Preds) before they continue. Infact, that may be a contributing factor to some of their Predators 'Big Head Syndrome', though for some reason, the upcoming P2 Elder Pred looks to have a pretty good body mass.

But yeah, GIVE US A P1 PREDATOR, HOT TOYS!
Predator102.jpg

:rock :rock :rock :rock

I know there has been talk about rather or not the HT muscle body would be tall anuff for a Arnold, but if it were any taller it'd be to tall, he looks short next to the predator!

I know there has been talk about rather or not the HT muscle body would be tall anuff for a Arnold, but if it were any taller it'd be to tall, he looks short next to the predator!

I'm not talking about height(Preds are around 7' in the movies, so 14" is about accurate), just body mass.;) The HT Predator body is too skinny around the torso area, when comparing it to the Preds in the movies.

I'm not talking about height(Preds are around 7' in the movies, so 14" is about accurate), just body mass.;) The HT Predator body is too skinny around the torso area, when comparing it to the Preds in the movies.

thats what i dont get then why is it that the CM Pred a 1/3 scale is 3 feet tall??? that would make him 9 feet tall??

thats what i dont get then why is it that the CM Pred a 1/3 scale is 3 feet tall??? that would make him 9 feet tall??

Pretty much, though we're talking about different standards and scales here, you can't expect everyone to follow SS' standard scales.;)

IMHO, the Exclusive Sideshow Pred is better. Atleast it comes with the option of the masked head(If I had one, I'd probably the sell the unmasked head), the CM one doesn't even come with that(Not that I know of, anyway).

well after the chopper pred i went and brought another pred,finding it hard to keep the balance with the arm with the alien head though,do any other predator fans have trouble keeping the figures on there stands?

well after the chopper pred i went and brought another pred,finding it hard to keep the balance with the arm with the alien head though,do any other predator fans have trouble keeping the figures on there stands?

Not at all! ive had mi figures without stands since i got them and nobody has taken a dive. I only have the SSC ones with stands cause they suck at standing

Yeah I do. It's the metal harp and upright that are the problems, it's too short to go around their waists, too tight if you do get it around the waist, and too centrally located to go around a leg. I really hope they fix this issue for the Pred 2 figures. All they have to do is make the uprights taller and harps a bit wider.
A solution might be in another type of stand. I like the Action Mount stands, but the way they're made might not work well with heavier figures, and only a black painted version would fit with the Preds. It might be best to take their design and simply make a larger base.

Back