Official Petition for Hot Toys Aliens Predators Robots, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you like Hot to create more aliens or robots from your favorite movie?

• Yes, I love their work and want more, more, more!

Votes: 54 76.1%
  • No thanks.

Votes: 17 23.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree HT is one of the best companies for 1/6 figures. No doubt about it. I'm simply saying we don't need yet another thread whose sole purpose is simply to give HT the message that we'll take whatever they give us no matter whether or not they truly did the best they could do on it. Criticism = good. Ever wonder why in school, they say telling another student their work is "fine" or "good" is useless to them? Not saying to bash it, but don't hesitate to point out what could be better.

I completely agree HT is one of the best companies for 1/6 figures. No doubt about it. I'm simply saying we don't need yet another thread whose sole purpose is simply to give HT the message that we'll take whatever they give us no matter whether or not they truly did the best they could do on it. Criticism = good. Ever wonder why in school, they say telling another student their work is "fine" or "good" is useless to them? Not saying to bash it, but don't hesitate to point out what could be better.

Duly noted, Blade3327. I have edited the opening post to be less ambiguous.

Well, glad to see that the week I've been away has had zero impact on the creation of silly threads.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Hot Toys aren't even one of the best 1/6 producing companies, they are the best, period. Their closest rival is Enterbay but their licences are too obscure for most of us here, their output is too slow and small, their base body isn't as good as the Truetype etc etc.

However the point remains, they aren't perfect all the time and in the past we have benefitted in saying so. However give them credit where its due of course, I believe most of us do.

So Blade has become one of those morons now? Damn...I liked that kid. He turned to the douchy side. Maybe he can come back....

So Blade has become one of those morons now? Damn...I liked that kid. He turned to the douchy side. Maybe he can come back....

So you're telling me there's nothing you'd change about any of HT's figures? I'm not against HT. I'm for them. Just saying they could use a push everyonce in a while, rather than being convinced that whatever they do will fly because of threads like this. I'd love plenty more HT figs, especially from movies like The Matrix. My only hope is that they're done well for the pricepoint. That's all I'd ask of any company. It's the product that matters, not the brand.

The only figure they've made that flat out sucked was their Alien.

95% of everything else they made is ____ing beautiful. Only little whiny nit pickers get their panties in a wad when ever something is "slightly off".

Yeah, beautiful. There's no doubt it looks great. But it's inaccurate. Their Big Chap is pretty cool. So's their Dog Alien. The figures themselves are great, though you'd expect better since they do such a good job in their other lines. Look at their latest Predators. Gorgeous paint apps and body sculpts. The heads? Not so much. It's not nitpicking if it's a $200 piece that you'd expect more out of.

In the end, it's up to the buyer. I'm just putting my two cents in, as you've done with many threads (including the NECA 1/4 Predator thread). How'd that go for you? I mean, I agree with you that 3 heads would be nice, but I'm not getting my panties in a bunch over that.

@Sabres: LOL! Guess it's a sign someone needs to rethink his argument.

CelticP, nothing against you at all. You're pretty funny and we've had some good times on the board. Just asking you to pump your brakes, because everyone has their own stuff they'd like perfect. No reason to be irrational and go off on them when they have their motives, same as you have your own.

The only figure they've made that flat out sucked was their Alien.

95% of everything else they made is ____ing beautiful. Only little whiny nit pickers get their panties in a wad when ever something is "slightly off".

Its not just about things being 'off' and accuracy nitpicking, its also about things like when they weren't going to provide a Ripley figure with the power loader, like the DX batman issue and their treatment of it and also such a thing as the Berserkers height reduction - which isn't something we've imagined - it actually happened and HT made a statement about it. They effectively shrugged it off and expect everyone to suck it up (which we will but lets not otherwise encourage this to happen, yeah?)

Also for some people the innaccuracies of say, the Berserker are as much an annoyance to them as the Big Chaps innaccuracies were to you, me and some others - you make it sound like its only a problem if you think its a problem. Not so.

These are the kinds of things Blade is referring to I'm sure and he's right.

But that's beside the point. I'll argue getting ripped off...that's logical...but this accuracy thing is insane. Nothing is perfect. Not even 3 $80 giant huge Predators :lol. They wont be perfect. Ever. I just wish people would get that, and going off on a company because their figure is "off". It irks me. Irks me so much! :gah

I know but we all have our passions. Whats the difference between us getting all indignant over the crappy HT Big Chap Alien, and I was right there with you, and some other guy getting indignant over the shortcomings of the berserker.

Last edited:
Well, one your siggy is too big....but that's for the board...

and two, i'm getting pissed because I want a Predator, but they be deprivin me of what I wants! :lol

But that's beside the point. I'll argue getting ripped off...that's logical...but this accuracy thing is insane. Nothing is perfect. Not even 3 $80 giant huge Predators :lol. They wont be perfect. Ever. I just wish people would get that, and going off on a company because their figure is "off". It irks me. Irks me so much! :gah

Its not just about things being 'off' and accuracy nitpicking, its also about things like when they weren't going to provide a Ripley figure with the power loader, like the DX batman issue and their treatment of it and also such a thing as the Berserkers height reduction - which isn't something we've imagined - it actually happened and HT made a statement about it. They effectively shrugged it off and expect everyone to suck it up (which we will but lets not otherwise encourage this to happen, yeah?)

Also for some people the innaccuracies of say, the Berserker are as much an annoyance to them as the Big Chaps innaccuracies were to you, me and some others - you make it sound like its only a problem if you think its a problem. Not so.

These are the kinds of things Blade is referring to I'm sure and he's right.

Well, you do know that the original height they put for Mr. Black was innaccurate right? The height difference between them was not that great. When they fought, Black was just a foot or so taller. The figure we have now is accurate.

And if he's talking about issues like the DX Bats, and things like that, i'm all good with that. Those are issues that need adressing. But it's that whole "OMG ITS OFF! I'm posting 10000 pictures to show how off it is!" stuff that's really annoying, and causing more problems then anything.

IMOIMOIMOIMO.

...But that's beside the point. I'll argue getting ripped off...that's logical...but this accuracy thing is insane. Nothing is perfect. Not even 3 $80 giant huge Predators :lol. They wont be perfect. Ever. I just wish people would get that, and going off on a company because their figure is "off". It irks me. Irks me so much! :gah

I agree with you on that.

But, when we know that a company COULD do better (such as the Giger Alien, and Hot Toys themselves says it is THE MOST accurate Alien ever)...then yeah...I'm all for posting pics and arguing to the contrary.

Well, there are things that are indeed so flat out terrible that those steps should be taken....the Hot Toys Alien is the worst thing they've ever put out. It looks like no Alien ever put on film.

Where is the Predator DOES look like the Predator. Is it perfect? Nah. :D But you know who it is.

Well, there are things that are indeed so flat out terrible that those steps should be taken....the Hot Toys Alien is the worst thing they've ever put out. It looks like no Alien ever put on film.

Where is the Predator DOES look like the Predator. Is it perfect? Nah. :D But you know who it is.

Agreed. :hi5:

When I look at a great statue like the Friday Part 3 one, and people sit there and point out the inaccuracies....I just go...:slap:

I can't argue those...don't know enough about them.

I concentrate soley on Alien/Predator...so I consider myself a bit of an expert on those 2 franchises.

yes, i would love to own some more accurate hot toys aliens, predators, and terminators :lecture

Well, you do know that the original height they put for Mr. Black was innaccurate right? The height difference between them was not that great. When they fought, Black was just a foot or so taller. The figure we have now is accurate.

Well lets not get into that here aswell but all I'll say is that the proto image was more misleading than we typically expect of proto images, particularly where the whole point of the picture in question was to demonstrate size and encourage orders for it with that as a selling point. Furthermore that the shrunken berserker is only more accurately scaled now due to the coincidence that the P1 predator figure was itself underscaled. If P1 had been the size he should have been in the first place this argument wouldn't hold water. I'm saying no more because its been debated to death already. I just think it was important that we raised a fuss over that whole thing that HT may be more careful in future. All that annoying beating of a deadhorse in our threads and on facebook will have been noticed by HT.

Absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back