Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【NECA T2 2nd wave in store pics】

I've heard about 12" BD T-800 from a local seller here in Thailand, who is also a NECA-McFarlane collector, that NECA is having problem with T2 license. I'm not sure if the license has run out of time or been bought by other company, but he said it might turn out like NECA 300 which they had once shown the prototype of Xerxes and Persian army figure set and it was never launched due to license problem. I've never seen the mentioned prototype so I'm not sure if he said true story or not.

license problem ?
hope not
plz say something ,tankman !!

I've heard about 12" BD T-800 from a local seller here in Thailand, who is also a NECA-McFarlane collector, that NECA is having problem with T2 license. I'm not sure if the license has run out of time or been bought by other company, but he said it might turn out like NECA 300 which they had once shown the prototype of Xerxes and Persian army figure set and it was never launched due to license problem. I've never seen the mentioned prototype so I'm not sure if he said true story or not.

That guy told you BS man.

if Tankman is who he says he is...i'd believe him and disregard the rumors.

The boss man wanted to wait on the next 12 inch figure. The 7 inch Terminators have sold very well but the 12 incher isn't what he wanted sells wise. I'm not sure when the next one will be coming out but I think it's the figure fans want more than the one we have out now. I for one want this guy to come out 18inchs. I do have 2 test shots of the next 12 inch figure and it's really nice. The 7 inch line has done very very well and we might have more fun Terminator stuff coming soon. Wait and see.

can we see the test shots ? so the battle damaged one is not coming out this December ?

Rob

Hey Kyle now that Randy confirmed we would be seeing more Terminator figures from NECA at Toyfair can you give any insight as to what it may be? This time last year we knew you were sculpting Arnold, any hints?

Hey Kyle now that Randy confirmed we would be seeing more Terminator figures from NECA at Toyfair can you give any insight as to what it may be? This time last year we knew you were sculpting Arnold, any hints?

Just wait and see. I think you'll be happy. The big Q is what other cool things do we have? It's a very enjoyable time to be a NECA.

The boss man wanted to wait on the next 12 inch figure. The 7 inch Terminators have sold very well but the 12 incher isn't what he wanted sells wise. I'm not sure when the next one will be coming out but I think it's the figure fans want more than the one we have out now. I for one want this guy to come out 18inchs. I do have 2 test shots of the next 12 inch figure and it's really nice. The 7 inch line has done very very well and we might have more fun Terminator stuff coming soon. Wait and see.

Have you been sculpting anything smaller than 7"? Maybe 1.5"?

Just fishing...

Find it mad that the 12" didn't sell as much as people at neca had hoped. It's a brilliant figure and neca should be proud of it, imo!

Good to know that with the release of the 2nd line the terminator figures aren't dead. Look forward to seeing what Neca comes up with! Hard to see what other arnold figures from T2 they could do, so i'm guessing it will be a couple of T100's or some T1 figures.

Still at a loss as to whether the 12" battle damage is coming out at all? Tankman?

I hope the next 12" figure is the cyberdine assault mini-gun version, or something entirely new.

Got my Internet back! No more awkward phonebrowsing! So without further adieu:

Sounds like promising news on the NECA Terminator front. Glad to hear the 7" line has done well if not the 12". I presume the T-1000 is a definite and the most obvious one to come next. I hope there'll be multiple versions like with the T-800 but I guess I understand that he might not be as good a seller as an Arnie figure. I won't type out my entire T-1000 wishlist again but the most important to me would be a non-battledamaged Robert Patrick.

The fact that he could 'heal' any 'wounds' and revert to a pristine state is what really set him apart visually from Arnie's T-800 and this undamaged state is how he appeared in the majority of the film. Plus we got two versions of battledamage from McFarlane already. So I really want a straight-up 'human' Robert Patrick here. It'd be the most useful to me.

Hopefully he'll have interchangeable parts and have a decent neutral (but could be about to move) leg pose and have similar articulation overall to the T-800s. Seriously looking forward to him because I did buy multiple Arnies in anticipation of setting up different 'dioramas' with the T-1000.

Now for the parts where I'm probably being over-optimistic! I'd love if the line would also include Sarah and John connor, I'd buy multiples of those for my set-ups. I'm probably an exception rather than a typical buyer there. Also my future war dioramas have loads of endoskeletons but no Resistance Soldiers to fight against so one or two of those would be cool. NECA will probably prefer to stick with main characters though, its not the Hasbro Star Wars line here where they've even just made the legendary Ice Cream Maker guy.

My other hopes would be box sets, vehicles and dioramas but I'm not sure if theres a recent history for this kind of thing from NECA -

T-800 on Harley
T-1000 in biker gear with police motorbike
frozen T-1000 and T-800 for the Hasta la Vista scene
T-800 with arm stuck in giant gears etc.

As to the 'other cool things' Tankman hinted at, hopefully I've already mentioned one or 2 of them, but T1 figures would be the 'coolest' thing I could conceive of. I have no doubt I'll be happy whatever we end up getting, even if my insane wishlists are not realised. Good times indeed.

T-800 on Harley
T-1000 in biker gear with police motorbike
frozen T-1000 and T-800 for the Hasta la Vista scene
T-800 with arm stuck in giant gears etc.

Every one of those would be ace! Really would be a dream come true to have Arnie on the Harley fatboy.

They should do a Arnold and T-1000 box set of Arnold on the hood of the truck shooting at the T-100 driving.

They should do a Arnold and T-1000 box set of Arnold on the hood of the truck shooting at the T-100 driving.

That would also be a cool scene to represent. Although even a small portion of the tanker truck would probably be a big ask.

Back