Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! It took me a couple of weeks to do. Most of the work went into the shirt. Sneakers were also a pain. Could have cheated a little on them, but I figured if I'm going to do it, might as well do it right or I'll always want to be fixing it. I took what the figure would give me for the most part. Sarah only has her shirt untucked near the end of the movie, so I took all the cues from that. I sculpted pushed up sleeves to match one particular scene. The hair also matches that scene, her post-shower look. Wasn't quite so poufy or wavy at that point. This is the figure I started with. Would have been nice if the vest had just come off. No such luck. It was a lot of grinding followed by a lot of sanding and then epoxy, followed by more grinding and sanding.
alice.jpg

Attachments

• alice.jpg
    alice.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 167
NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS · 10h10 hours ago

NECA Retweeted

Thanks and hoping so

NECA added,

@NECA_TOYS Could we someday get a Q scale T2 Arnold with a minigun. The Q scale line is epic!

Cool stuff. If you'd be willing to repeat them I'd be interested in all of those except the skull base.
Thanks pal actually I'm working in makin good quality plastic reproductions, will contac you when I finish the test phase.

I have the cult classics base and I'm happy with it. Now that you guys mention it I can see that the skulls are actually a bit too big but I went all this time without noticing it myself so....

now that you know, will not let you sleep at night :D

rjszar your figure is super bad ass!!! hope to be as good as you some day. :)

in the meantime, in figure fire axe test:
20160820_104219-1.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys. I had actually never done a custom action figure (ie smaller than 1/6) before. Most of my skills come from building models. I want to apologize to those diehard Terminator fans (you know who you are) who are let's say "frustrated" because of some of the pieces in my collection. I really do feel for you. There was a point when I considered making some casts to sell, but eventually it got too late in the game, and I'm sure I would have gotten into all kinds of trouble anyway.

I tend to be a completest, so it's difficult for me not to have something in my collection. If I can do something about it, I try. I think it's almost criminal when a company leaves you one short of having a complete set of something. Yeah, Sarah would probably be a peg warmer, but how's about taking one for the consumer once in awhile. I guess if I had somewhere decent to start, I might try young John Connor next, but I shouldn't have to. These figures can be made. There's enough collector interest to make it worthwhile. Even if you make half the number you normally would and charge twice as much, collectors would pay to complete their collections. Neca may not want to deal with having to ship online orders for individual figures on a regular basis, but come on, you can't do a website exclusive of 500 once every year or so.

Thanks pal actually I'm working in makin good quality plastic reproductions, will contac you when I finish the test phase.

now that you know, will not let you sleep at night :D

rjszar your figure is super bad ass!!! hope to be as good as you some day. :)

in the meantime, in figure fire axe test:

Thanks Stefan. The axe is looking good. I'd like to think if NECA were to come here and see these custom figures, little add-ons and changes, newly created accessories and so on they might think ''hmm, we should do that''...

Thanks for the compliments guys. I had actually never done a custom action figure (ie smaller than 1/6) before. Most of my skills come from building models. I want to apologize to those diehard Terminator fans (you know who you are) who are let's say "frustrated" because of some of the pieces in my collection. I really do feel for you. There was a point when I considered making some casts to sell, but eventually it got too late in the game, and I'm sure I would have gotten into all kinds of trouble anyway.

I tend to be a completest, so it's difficult for me not to have something in my collection. If I can do something about it, I try. I think it's almost criminal when a company leaves you one short of having a complete set of something. Yeah, Sarah would probably be a peg warmer, but how's about taking one for the consumer once in awhile. I guess if I had somewhere decent to start, I might try young John Connor next, but I shouldn't have to. These figures can be made. There's enough collector interest to make it worthwhile. Even if you make half the number you normally would and charge twice as much, collectors would pay to complete their collections. Neca may not want to deal with having to ship online orders for individual figures on a regular basis, but come on, you can't do a website exclusive of 500 once every year or so.

Haha, well don't let us stop you posting this stuff. Yeah we're jealous but it's all in a good spirit :lol And as I've just said above, if NECA sees stuff like your T1 Sarah, you never know, maybe...

Newt has been the great hope for T2 John and even T1 Sarah. They went the limited exclusive route (turns out only the accessories are limited) and then they went the 2 pack route. I can't believe this couldn't work for John and Sarah.

Randy has repeatedly said zero chance for anything from MGS. Konami have known to be extremely hard to work with even back when the Castlevania line released a few years ago.

Contra took two years to get going then a further 4 months in limbo waiting for approval. It's one of the reasons why that VGA Simon Belmont figure NECA showed off last year has been cancelled. Too much BS to go through.

Darn it. Thanks for the info man!

I think your work is very good, and really enjoy seeing the work of people as good as you at this, keep posting pal.

Meanwile we wait for JC, some pics of the skullbase finished.
endo 1.jpg
endo 2.jpg
endo 3.jpg
endo 4.jpg
endo 5.jpg
endo 6b.jpg

Nicely done. And that's a modded endo for sure, new paint and some rejigging to achieve that pose. I don't think the stock figure can even come close can it?

Not even close, you say it :lol

The list of mods is this:
New chrome paint job for endo (still some details in the head to do)
New Paint job for plasma Rifle
Adjust the barrels of the plasma rifle for same lenght
Adjust the pistons in legs and arms to achive the pose
Adjust the cables in the neck
New skullbase.
:)

Adjust the cables in the neck
left a rep for movie posing, but those cables in the neck looks strange. they go into his back, like he is alien 1, while they are meant to imitate these (#12/14):

sheya1.jpg
terminator35.jpg

Last edited:
WOW. I don't collect much Terminator stuff, but I do have an Endo.....I had no idea it could look so good. The new paint and stand look superb.

Thanks a lot for all your comments pals.

left a rep for movie posing, but those cables in the neck looks strange. they go into his back, like he is alien 1, while they are meant to imitate these (#12/14):

You´re right, the issue that I note is that the side cables in the movie looks very thin and near the neck, and in the neca figure looks thick, Will search another way to make them more movie accurate thanks 4 the observation.

The neca endo is te best 7" endo IMO but still have some issues:
NECA Terminator Collection serie 1 T-800 Endoskeleton.JPGendos.jpg

^^^ Excellent pic as always Scarrviper. What do you use to create the backgrounds, photoshop...?

Thanks. These recent terminator pics were shot in front of my imac monitor with a background image displayed on it fullscreen. Think rear projection rather than green screen.

Usually my pics are done outside or indoors with an actual built diorama. I've only recently been experimenting with the old monitor trick.

Thanks. These recent terminator pics were shot in front of my imac monitor with a background image displayed on it fullscreen. Think rear projection rather than green screen.

Usually my pics are done outside or indoors with an actual built diorama. I've only recently been experimenting with the old monitor trick.

Cool idea to use the monitor image as the background. May have to try that.

You´re right, the issue that I note is that the side cables in the movie looks very thin and near the neck, and in the neca figure looks thick, Will search another way to make them more movie accurate thanks 4 the observation.
I ordered my first NECA endo last month. The cables were very close to the neck on the one I received, so it looked more film accurate than most of them do. Unfortunately, it still had a few problems: Someone at the factory used the smaller elbow pin on the shoulder joint, causing the left arm to be extremely loose. There was also a big ugly blob of black paint on his chest plate, which I was able to fix with a quick touch-up.

I ordered another one, but was annoyed to see the weathering on it was far more extreme than the first figure. The silver paint was used so sparingly that the hands and feet were almost entirely black. I ended up prying the shoulder pin off of the new figure and using it to repair the first one I received. Total pain to deal with (especially since neither figure should have passed a QA check), but at least I have a decent looking endo in my collection now.

Back