Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official NECA The Terminator Thread

Found them all at my local comic shop today. T-800 and T-1000 are pretty cool. I think i prefer the T-2 Arnie headsculpt though.

The new Endoskeleton is nice, the silver paint seems a bit more shiny and looks closer to chrome than the previous versions. The new headsculpt looks nice, and the fully shut jaw looks good, but I'm gonna have to say I still prefer the original cult classics Endo's head.

Some areas on this new head just seem... i don't know, a little off to me, especially around the upper mouth/lip, nose and "cheekbone" areas. Also the one I got has ALOT of black paint on the head, and it looks weird with so much weathering on the head, and only a little weathering on the body. If you are a fan of the Endo it is definitely worth getting, but I still prefer the first release Endo's head.

can we please see some pics compering all 3 head sculpts of the neca endos:pray:

Video Reviews of the T-1000 Motorcycle cop and the new Endoskeleton:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNtYnAH4NHg"]YouTube - ‪Video Review of the NECA Terminator 2 Judgment Day; T-1000 (Motorcycle Cop)‬‏[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dutoqe6SdVw&feature=relmfu"]YouTube - ‪Video Review of the NECA Terminator; T-800 (Endoskeleton)‬‏[/ame]

i think the old china factory done these, a lot of paint flaws and slop on the one's i've seen so far.
i doubt i buy anymore of this line, unless qc improves.

Thanks for posting those Rider.

I think the reviewer is a little over-enthusiastic. A lot of NECA polesquatting there if I may borrow a phrase from Nam! :D I also wonder if he's heard of Hot Toys.

I'm definitely buying these, I want to complete the ol' 7" collection and these are as essential as any.

T-1000 looks good, the headsculpt has grown on me. I used to think it looked a bit wierd, too small or something. However it certainly looks like RP. The sculpting is very good over the whole figure. Predictably it seems the sword arm is warped in package. I'm not sure what purpose the bending knees are supposed to serve* considering theres no hip articulation but we'll take it I guess :dunno Lastly I was truly expecting his arms to break when the reviewer was demonstrating the articulation. My T2 series 3 T-1000s broke under far less stress than that!

I'm glad to hear about the improvements on the endoskeleton. I thought the paint looked better alright and sure enough the headsculpt is pretty good. I'm also glad they got rid of the needless opening jaw - just another area for NECAs QC to fail - and not a feature I ever used anyway. The hoses and connectors going into the head look a bit ridiculous in that vid though. Something will have to be done about those. All in all however I'm glad I ordered one of these.

edit - *hmm just thought of what the bending knees on the T-1000 might be for - a possible future frozen T-1000 variant?

Thanks for posting those Rider.

I think the reviewer is a little over-enthusiastic. A lot of NECA polesquatting there if I may borrow a phrase from Nam! :D I also wonder if he's heard of Hot Toys.

Reviewer himself has stated previously that he's heard of Hot Toys, but thinks that they're out of his price range. Hence, he's always thought of NECA as 'superior' and tries to ignore Hot Toys's figs in general.

Sounds more like he's just trying to justify not being able to get them, I suppose. :dunno

Reviewer himself has stated previously that he's heard of Hot Toys, but thinks that they're out of his price range. Hence, he's always thought of NECA as 'superior' and tries to ignore Hot Toys's figs in general.

Sounds more like he's just trying to justify not being able to get them, I suppose. :dunno

Some people still resist them because they can't help but think of them as 'dolls' what with the superarticulated bodies and the real clothes. To them they are not real Action Figures because their definition of action figure is limited to entirely sculpted figures. Much of the Spawn board holds this view. I used to be the same way back when the original Hot Toys T1 figures came out. I was aware of them but didn't consider them an option. Back then I hadn't started collecting anything in 1/6th I don't think, not even the likes of a McFarlane 12" figure. Plus the real clothes reminded me of Action Man which I was never into as a child, preferring instead the 3 3/4 GI-JOE, He-man, Turtles etc. Anywho glad I moved on from that view - though obviously not to the total exclusion of sculpted figures. I still love these things, I just wish the paint and QC was better.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/75327-t...-action-figures-t-800-police-station-assault/

What wierd way are NECA going to be releasing the latest Terminator figures? After Tech Noir T-800, biker cop T-1000 and Endoskeleton they're releasing Police station assault T-800? A one figure 'wave'? Its the only new listing Forbidden planet seem to have anyway.

THERE will be battle damaged t-800 tech noir, police station assault t-800 and doughut head t-1000. in the next series.

I know what the next figures are but seeing Forbidden Planet only listing one of the them caused me to wonder how they are going to be released.

I imagine series 3 will be 1984 Reese, Battle Damaged T-800 (after getting run over by the truck), and Frozen T-1000 with some sort of ice base to position the partial figure on.

I picked up an Endo, Tech Noir and T-1000 today. I nearly passed on the T-1000 the (helmet) paint was so bad. Imo the Endo finally looks pretty good.

Well that Forbidden planet link says October. Thats the one I'm mainly looking forward to now. The fact that HT had already done the biker cop T-1000 and the Tech Noir T-800 sorta cut down on my excitement levels for NECAs versions of those.

Well that Forbidden planet link says October. Thats the one I'm mainly looking forward to now. The fact that HT had already done the biker cop T-1000 and the Tech Noir T-800 sorta cut down on my excitement levels for NECAs versions of those.

Interestingly enough, I have the exact opposite feeling for my excitement levels. I actually anticipate the NECA versions a lot more than the Hot Toys counterpart. I've had my "The Terminator" T-800 sitting on my desk for the better part of 6 months without hardly giving him a touch, mostly in fear of accidentally breaking a $200 figure. On the other hand, I've been thoroughly enjoying the NECA Tech Noir T-800 for the past week tinkering with various poses and display options. The same holds true for the T-1000. I have been anxiously awaiting the Biker Cop version since it was debuted at Toy Fair, and this may be viewed as blasphemy to some, but I personally felt the NECA sculpt was able to capture Robert Patrick's likeness better than the Hot Toys attempt. Obvisiouly, I'm not taking anything way from Hot Toy's unmatched polish and finish on their product especially since I do own several Hot Toys figures. However as far as my personal enjoyment levels are concerned, NECA will always give me so much more fullfillment.

I do have a little fear of breaking my HT figures. It happens. However in my experience its far more common with NECA. I literally cannot touch my series 3 T-1000s without a part breaking, just normal gentle attempts to move the arms. I bought loads of them and its fair to say MOST, not merely one or two, broke. I think thats ridiculous no matter how cheap they are. And if these are toys intended to be played with...good luck with that. Well theres that rant again.

With likeness, I think both HT and NECA managed to pull it off pretty well. While I think NECAs standard T-1000 is a bit too longfaced, I like the shadows created by the cheekbones and that clenched jaw. And in the biker helmet as I said that one has grown on me, I wasn't fond of it at first, but I now think its a pretty good likeness.
I think the HT T-1000 looks dead-on in the biker helmet and sunglasses and close to perfect without. I couldn't really tell you what I think keeps it short of absolute perfection because I don't know whereas I know where the T-800 sculpt falls 'short' - pun intended. :wink1:

I still enjoy the NECA figures - all sculpted figures continue to have a charm for me - I can't wait to be able to display them properly - mine are in total disarray right now.

The new T-800 endoskeleton looks very good, the headsculpt looks WAY better. Im not really impressed with the T-1000 though.

The new T-800 endoskeleton looks very good, the headsculpt looks WAY better. Im not really impressed with the T-1000 though.

i'm not impressed with these at all, the t-1000 has a cut mold line going from his chin across to his helmet on the left side of his face looks like a deep scar, and a very sloopy paint job on his helmet, the t1 arnie, has a deep indented mold line on his neck like a knife cut it, that's not suppose to be there, and sloppy paint around his hair.
i'm through with neca terminators line, the t2 line had better paint and quailty then these.and some of them were pretty sloppy.
if these were done at the new factory, they suck in molding and painting 7 inch figures.

Last edited:
Back