Official NECA Gremlins thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scaling always has been a bit odd when it comes to Gremlins. I have the TOTS life size Gremlin and Stripe and they seem large to me. I'm 5' 11" and the top of the Gremlin's head is just level with the top of my kneecap. Phoebe Cates is a lot shorter and the Gremlin in that pic looks smaller to me. That said though, from what I can recall of the Kaiydoo life size Mohwak, I'd say he was around the same size as the TOTS, but, I'd always thought that the New Batch Gremlins were larger anyway.

I'd always thought the NECA Gremlins were close to 1/6.

I?ve been trying to figure out for years what the hell scale the NECA gremlins are relative to 1/6.

I was excited to see a to scale gizmo in the Santa set and while it?s exciting he?s close to 1/6 he seems way out of scale with the actual gremlin he comes with which seems like a massive fail when you go through the effort to actually make a new scale one.

View attachment 500313

Gizmo scale is a little random, however it is faithful to the source material it is based on. A bunch of the random exclusives are based off of poster art.

88BE0DEC-D754-429D-9EBF-B4BD1A65A80A.jpeg

A question to those more experienced than myself. I preordered the Neca Flasher and Brown Gremlin stunt puppets from BBTS and noticed EE had them up as well. But I saw a post were it was said they were already discontinued? I'm just trying to figure out if I should keep the pre-order and hope for the best or hit eBay?

A question to those more experienced than myself. I preordered the Neca Flasher and Brown Gremlin stunt puppets from BBTS and noticed EE had them up as well. But I saw a post were it was said they were already discontinued? I'm just trying to figure out if I should keep the pre-order and hope for the best or hit eBay?

These have gone in and out of stock for a while. NECA seems to regularly produce these, so if the preorder it up, I would imagine you are good. They have done similarly with the ET Stunt puppet.

These have gone in and out of stock for a while. NECA seems to regularly produce these, so if the preorder it up, I would imagine you are good. They have done similarly with the ET Stunt puppet.

Much appreciated. I recently rediscovered my love for all things Gremlin and was sorry to see I had missed out on so much, I didn't want to miss even more! :)

I decided to do a comparison of the first spider gremlin release and the later one since I couldn’t find anything online about it. The one with the clear rod is the later release the black rod the first one from what I can tell. The bases also vary. One is a flat black and one is a gloss black. The big difference here seems to be the paint. The first release has more paint layers while the newer one has more precise paint application. The newer is also more glossy and wet looking. But you can see a lot more detail with the washes used on the first one.

316B2B4A-EA27-44B7-85A2-FB1967F61C4A.jpg
F90128C1-595C-48EB-B611-0374EB8FB7C4.jpg
F1CE8A4D-6435-49ED-A4AA-DA836F4E7143.jpg
15D20364-02A8-4BED-AC33-DC41868A2EAF.jpg

That?s the Gremlin that nightmares are made of...
I like the newer release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was grateful for the second release. I see what you mean about the differences. I am often glad for stuff like that since it allows collectors to have a better idea of what they may be purchasing on the second hand market.

That spider gremlin is certainly some serious nightmare fuel... what an incredible design! I never bought it the first time around so I may grab the new version at some point if I catch it in a store somewhere.

I need them to reissue the bat gremlin. I could have sworn I bought it but I can't find it anywhere.

I need them to reissue the bat gremlin. I could have sworn I bought it but I can't find it anywhere.

I'm actually selling a mib one. I found one loose and since I was going to open it anyway figured I would let some other collector have it. Feel free to PM me.

I've read that Neca said on a Twitter post they would not reissue any past Gremlins, if you read between the lines they could mean they will be making the same characters in all new sculpts.

I decided to do a comparison of the first spider gremlin release and the later one since I couldn?t find anything online about it. The one with the clear rod is the later release the black rod the first one from what I can tell. The bases also vary. One is a flat black and one is a gloss black. The big difference here seems to be the paint. The first release has more paint layers while the newer one has more precise paint application. The newer is also more glossy and wet looking. But you can see a lot more detail with the washes used on the first one.
It was actually the first release that came with the clear rod/flat black base stand. I bought mine in late 2013 and it has the glossy finish on Spider Mohawk.

Ghostbusters v Gremlins, the movie I never knew I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone have a Daffy Gremlin for sale? Hes the only one I need other than more green and brown army builders

Back