Official NECA Gremlins thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My TRU got Ultimate Gizmo in this last week. Haven't picked it up -but I know I'm gonna cave.

Looks like the new Mohawk figure will have some new parts and paint apps (pic from SDCC).

pxFvKOH.png

I sure hope they're sure about it this time! :pray: Isn't this at least the third time he's been shown at a Comic Con or Toyfair over the past five or six years?

I don't have any direct information from NECA, but the display at SDCC says "Q3 2017" - if this is the time it first goes up for retailers to order, that probably means we won't see this guy on store shelves until Q1 - Q2 2018 (the Bat Gremlin said "Halloween" at SDCC 2015 and it wasn't released until Q1 2016). I've also been hearing rumors that the figure is due out as soon as September 2017, but I wouldn't count on it.

Edit: Picture from Toyark:

20108661_2028541640493148_3766013296230696709_n.jpg

Isn't this at least the third time he's been shown at a Comic Con or Toyfair over the past five or six years?

If my memory serves correctly, I think it was Toy Fair and/or SDCC 2013 when we first saw him.

Just picked up Mohawk. Didn't get him the first time around, so I'm pleased.

Purchase my Mohawk the other day......

Nice video. :clap

After purchasing the Bat Gremlin from NECA's eBay store, I do the same thing when it comes to buying the figures in-store. My Bat didn't have any paint issues, but when I got him, only about half of the box was still intact. :slap

You'll only catch me buying NECA at FYE and TRU after that. :lol

Went to my local toys r us and picked up the Ultimate Gizmo figure. Since I missed on past release this basically makes up for that. Box is nice as is the sculpting and all 3 faces. Accessories are really cool thing. 2 things that bug me is I wish they give you different hands. The hands he comes with doesn't hold the accessories well and the Santa hat is very loose on head so that will fall off easily if someone bumped it or when you pick it up should of been a swappable head with it attached or a plug. The eye system sucks. Gizmo looks completely hammered and wonky you can get it right but takes time and patients wish they were just painted or fixed in one position and put into different heads or the swappable face plates. Other then that it's a cool figure glad to have it but those problems can affect the figure drastically since that shouldn't be the case for a $24 figure. The extra mile on this reissue would of made it worth the price especially coming from a guy who don't collecting neca much anymore and sold a ton of his stuff made from them.
0ff3e6532dff5642fb5fdb7f73274b7e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Nice video. :clap

After purchasing the Bat Gremlin from NECA's eBay store, I do the same thing when it comes to buying the figures in-store. My Bat didn't have any paint issues, but when I got him, only about half of the box was still intact. :slap

You'll only catch me buying NECA at FYE and TRU after that. :lol

Still holding out hope they will reissue that beautiful Spider Gremlin.

Is there a reason why Neca doesn't do Gremlins from the first movie anymore? An updated Stripe is really obvious choice....

Is there a reason why Neca doesn't do Gremlins from the first movie anymore? An updated Stripe is really obvious choice....

If I recall correctly, NECA haven't completely "poo-pooed" the idea of revisiting some of the G1 gremlins and I don't believe there's any specific reason as to why they haven't done any recently, but I don't think they have any plans for the near future. Every time someone asks about Gremlins in general, their response is usually "we're not done yet" - that's it though.

NECA could easily do an Ultimate Gremlin (first movie) with a ton of random accessories from the bar or theater scene.

Back